Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I brought this up in the other thread but time does flow differently in Gemworld. Amethyst goes from 13 on Earth to around 20 in Gemworld. When she leaves, she becomes 13 again. This could be the case for Conner when he leaves.

Hope not, I personally like him older, rather they say his family can't follow him to earth, cause they only exist on gemworld.

A older SB would sync better with the YJ and Titans shows

Astonishing Member

Well, the solicitations for June could have a hint.

They treat Jon as Superboy, while Conner Kent is mentioned by his name (although Cassie is called Wonder Girl and Bart is called Impulse).

SUPERMAN #12
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    The House of El is united in this SUPERMAN/SUPERGIRL crossover! It’s the House of El against everyone as Superman, Jor-El, Supergirl and Superboy face intergalactic attacks from Rogol Zaar, General Zod and an armada of alien warriors and assassins. With the truth behind Krypton’s destruction set to be revealed, a galactic conspiracy threatens to silence Supergirl and Jor-El if Superman can’t live up to his name.
    ON SALE 06.12.19

YOUNG JUSTICE #6
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by JOHN TIMMS and ELENA CASAGRANDE
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by RAMON VILLALOBOS
    The secrets of Gemworld begin to unlock themselves for the newly reformed members of Young Justice—Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Jinny Hex, Wonder Girl, Impulse and the new Teen Lantern—but is it too late for the teen heroes to help Amethyst bring some order to her chaotic realm? Fan-favorite artist Elena Casagrande also joins the team as she delivers a look at Jinny Hex’s origins and how she came to be in Metropolis on the day the new Young Justice formed.
    ON SALE 06.05.19

So, I guess it's pretty likely Jon will mantain the Superboy identity.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-15-2019 at 03:57 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I stand firm. I think Kon will keep the Superboy name, and Jon won't.

For now they'll both be called Superboy same as how Damian and Tim are both Robin, but down the line the issue will arrive where they sort the name stuff out, and I have all the confidence in the world that Jon will discard the name.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I stand firm. I think Kon will keep the Superboy name, and Jon won't.

For now they'll both be called Superboy same as how Damian and Tim are both Robin, but down the line the issue will arrive where they sort the name stuff out, and I have all the confidence in the world that Jon will discard the name.
    Yeah, I remember Bendis saying the names won't change till Jon and Conner meet and talk with each other

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, I remember Bendis saying the names won't change till Jon and Conner meet and talk with each other
    Bendis didn't say that. In reddit, Bendis said Conner and Jon will meet in the future, he also say change of identities will happen (regarding the situation of two Robin and two Superboys). However, he didn't say the change of names will happen after they talk with each other.

That said, I don't think the change of identity will happen in June either (Tim still use the Robin suit in the cover). However, the solicitation could be a hint of the future.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-15-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure that's when it's gonna happen. He said something to the effect of "that's something they'll hash out." That sounds like they'll have an actual conversation about it.

It also tracks with Bendis' earlier work at Marvel dealing with heroes sharing a name. Bendis had Miles and Peter meet, and they unambiguously discussed the name situation. Everything points to him doing the same here.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yeah, I'm fairly sure that's when it's gonna happen. He said something to the effect of "that's something they'll hash out." That sounds like they'll have an actual conversation about it.

It also tracks with Bendis' earlier work at Marvel dealing with heroes sharing a name. Bendis had Miles and Peter meet, and they unambiguously discussed the name situation. Everything points to him doing the same here.
    yep, that's what I meant. Huh, and you are right about the miles sand pete situation, didn't even realize how similar that is to Jon and Conner.

yep, that's what I meant. Huh, and you are right about the miles sand pete situation, didn't even realize how similar that is to Jon and Conner.
    Yeah, I've noticed Bendis re-using a few older plot points and themes in his current work.

Which I'm cool with so far, because they were good ideas worth doing again.

Still not sure who will change their name. Both have quality claims to the title but both have reasons to leave it behind as well.

If Jon changes his name, I expect Damian to do so as well.

Oh sh*t......what if Didio's plan is to have Jon and Damian become the new Flamebird and Nightwing?

Oh hell! Dick!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Kon93

superboy and super-boy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed Bendis re-using a few older plot points and themes in his current work.

Which I'm cool with so far, because they were good ideas worth doing again.

Still not sure who will change their name. Both have quality claims to the title but both have reasons to leave it behind as well.

If Jon changes his name, I expect Damian to do so as well.

Oh sh*t......what if Didio's plan is to have Jon and Damian become the new Flamebird and Nightwing?

Oh hell! Dick!
    I don't think Bendis has enough creative control over Damian to change his codename unless DC editorial had already decided to do it beforehand, so Tim will probably just not be Robin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Bendis has enough creative control over Damian to change his codename unless DC editorial had already decided to do it beforehand, so Tim will probably just not be Robin again.
    Young Justice has been in the works for a while, so it's possible editorial has already had this conversation with him.

It's not a crazy amount to go on but the solstice for Young Justice issue 3 calls Tim Drake "the best Robin." Plus Bendis said that there'd be both some re branding AND a new look. Tim and Conner just came back, and they just got these current looks. Similarly, Jon just got his new look, so the odd man out is Damian, who has been sporting his look since Rebirth. With Tim apparently being billed as "the best Robin" and Damian being the only of the 4 to not have a new look, I feel pretty comfy assuming he's one of the characters getting the new look and the re brand.

And because I don't think Bendis will leave it with just Damian (since "re branding" can mean more than just one) I think Jon's also leaving the Superboy name to Conner. It's not really a mountain of evidence to go on, but I think the Super Sons are done as Robin and Superboy. Maybe having a lot to do with the fact that both can be easily identified as the biological sons of Batman and Superman for whatever new reader wonders.

Young Justice has been in the works for a while, so it's possible editorial has already had this conversation with him.

It's not a crazy amount to go on but the solstice for Young Justice issue 3 calls Tim Drake "the best Robin." Plus Bendis said that there'd be both some re branding AND a new look. Tim and Conner just came back, and they just got these current looks. Similarly, Jon just got his new look, so the odd man out is Damian, who has been sporting his look since Rebirth. With Tim apparently being billed as "the best Robin" and Damian being the only of the 4 to not have a new look, I feel pretty comfy assuming he's one of the characters getting the new look and the re brand.

And because I don't think Bendis will leave it with just Damian (since "re branding" can mean more than just one) I think Jon's also leaving the Superboy name to Conner. It's not really a mountain of evidence to go on, but I think the Super Sons are done as Robin and Superboy. Maybe having a lot to do with the fact that both can be easily identified as the biological sons of Batman and Superman for whatever new reader wonders.
    I dunno. I think DC has too much investment in Damian as Robin right now to just give the name back to Tim, while I find it more believable that Conner will keep Superboy since he's in, like, three different media representations with that codename in the current year alone and there's been such a shift for Jon.

There's only so much stock I think we can put in solicits, especially when they get into "Best ____." I remember how many complaints there were about Hal N' Pals solicits constantly calling out Hal as the "Greatest Green Lantern" even though the actual book never called him that or tried to portray him as better then the other Earth GL's. Solicits are known for being tongue-in-cheek more then the actual content in their stories are.

Tim really hasn't had much luck outside the Robin codename, but I think he is in need of a re-brand more then just going back to being plain Robin again. It would also kind of mess with the sequencing of the Robins.

(Although it's kind of hilarious to have all this talk about major important shifts for Batfamily members that are happening outside Batman books).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. I think DC has too much investment in Damian as Robin right now to just give the name back to Tim, while I find it more believable that Conner will keep Superboy since he's in, like, three different media representations with that codename in the current year alone and there's been such a shift for Jon.

There's only so much stock I think we can put in solicits, especially when they get into "Best ____." I remember how many complaints there were about Hal N' Pals solicits constantly calling out Hal as the "Greatest Green Lantern" even though the actual book never called him that or tried to portray him as better then the other Earth GL's. Solicits are known for being tongue-in-cheek more then the actual content in their stories are.

Tim really hasn't had much luck outside the Robin codename, but I think he is in need of a re-brand more then just going back to being plain Robin again. It would also kind of mess with the sequencing of the Robins.

(Although it's kind of hilarious to have all this talk about major important shifts for Batfamily members that are happening outside Batman books).
    I think they've just got a lot invested in Damian in general, and that won't change with a name change I feel. And in the case of the solicit for the GL book, Hal is given more attention as the main GL than any other Earth GL. They may not call him the greatest in text, but he's most assuredly the one most pushed.

Again, I think the main take-away is that the Super Sons wouldn't really need the code names Superboy and Robin to remain relevant, well known, and easily identifiable. Hell, it's possible that Damian may adopt the title "The Demon" if all of this links to Leviathan in some way. Talia is reported to be involved in the new DCU dealing with Leviathan. Something my prompt Damian to have to take up that side of the family's mantle?

Mark my words: Jon Kent going just by his name in public (kind of impossible to explain where the 10 year old is now) and Damian aka "The Demon" or thereabouts.

The re branding of the batverse isn't happening outside the batbooks since Tom King is the guy plotting and writing it. He put out a tweet about how nervous he was about writing it.

The bat verse has 2 big changes arising from the fall out from King's run, Tec and City of Bane to be written by King.

Also when Damian died DC had a lot invested in him yet they were willing to let him stay dead. The email that saved him came from WB.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-17-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He put out a tweet about how nervous he was about writing it.
    You got a link for this? I've heard about this recently, but I haven't read the specific tweet in question myself.

Also when Damian died DC had a lot invested in him yet they were willing to let him stay dead. The email that saved him came from WB.
    I personally don't see a reason to think he's going anywhere any time soon.