Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I think it might be a quick draw between Thanos channeling the stones against Storm messing with the impulses in his brain like she did to Sinister.
    I'm inclined to bet on the simpler action, in that case. Making a fist seems much less fancy.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Plus, Thanos flat out has feats for resisting lightning from Thor and Cap. Teensy tiny manipulations of charges in the brain seem to be things that won't work on him.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Why does he have infinity stones?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm inclined to bet on the simpler action, in that case. Making a fist seems much less fancy.
    All it takes is for Storm to do the same:

It almost looks like her attack was faster too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Plus, Thanos flat out has feats for resisting lightning from Thor and Cap. Teensy tiny manipulations of charges in the brain seem to be things that won't work on him.
    Thor & Cap used external attacks only though and while impressive, why wouldn't an internal attack to his brain work?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Thor & Cap used external attacks only though and while impressive, why wouldn't an internal attack to his brain work?
    Because of how electricity works, really.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

All it takes is for Storm to do the same:

It almost looks like her attack was faster too.
    The problem is that while she does that casually, she had enough breathing room to issue a warning and wait for it to be ignored, which is time she could have been prepping that attack. It certainly doesn't come across as as fast as firing a standard lightning bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The problem is that while she does that casually, she had enough breathing room to issue a warning and wait for it to be ignored, which is time she could have been prepping that attack. It certainly doesn't come across as as fast as firing a standard lightning bolt.
    To be as fair as one might, there's not really any reason why it wouldn't be as fast. OTOH, she's done that move all of... maybe twice in her history? It sure seems like it'd be a thing she'd use more often if she could use it easily, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    To be as fair as one might, there's not really any reason why it wouldn't be as fast. OTOH, she's done that move all of... maybe twice in her history? It sure seems like it'd be a thing she'd use more often if she could use it easily, doesn't it?
    See, I'm fine with getting better over the years as,she's further mastered her powers. Early Storm had plenty of raw power but sometimes control got away from her. Now she has the control too. Iceman has followed a similar arc. So did Jean Grey and probably some other X-Men.

Has she used it to rapid fire drop a group of people or anything though?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    His durability would imply that she'd have difficulty freezing him before he murdered her. If she could freeze him at all.

Could he, theoretically also just teleport her in half with the Space Stone ?
    Nah. I'm pretty sure you need feats of resisting being frozen. We ain't talking it being chilly outside. Jusr being duravle doesn't mean you can't be iced. MCU Warrior 3 were affected by Frost Giants. Heimdall was frozen by the casket and took well over a ten count to break free. Thor and Thanos are much tougher, but not handwave lol noping being frozem. Not in MCU.

Thanos never used the space stone in that way. Not bout to start offscreen.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 05-06-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Why does he have infinity stones?
    Because without at least the space stone he'd never be avle to get anywhere near Storm and would effectively just be a looking up

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Could he, theoretically also just teleport her in half with the Space Stone ?
    No, but he can turn her intangible like he did to the Hulkbuster in Wakanda
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No, but he can turn her intangible like he did to the Hulkbuster in Wakanda
    I thought he did that with the reality stone.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I thought he did that with the reality stone.
    Nope, space stone. He even fuses Hulkbuster into rock.

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Nah. I'm pretty sure you need feats of resisting being frozen. We ain't talking it being chilly outside. Jusr being duravle doesn't mean you can't be iced. MCU Warrior 3 were affected by Frost Giants. Heimdall was frozen by the casket and took well over a ten count to break free. Thor and Thanos are much tougher, but not handwave lol noping being frozem. Not in MCU.

Thanos never used the space stone in that way. Not bout to start offscreen.
    That's not how comic durability works. Heimdahl was frozen for 10 seconds. Others are just dead. Thor would ignore. Loki as well.