Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hickmans SHIELD

Default Hickmans SHIELD

What ever happened to Hickmans SHIELD? I read it and it was some good **** .. like mad good.
    Where’s Vol 2 ... I want mooooore. Does anyone know why Vol 2 never came out?

He's moved on to the X-Men for the past year and a half, almost 2 years, and his books there start going on sale in July. Who knows if he's been writing a Vol. 2.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 06-05-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    What ever happened to Hickmans SHIELD? I read it and it was some good **** .. like mad good.
    Where’s Vol 2 ... I want mooooore. Does anyone know why Vol 2 never came out?
    He finished it. Go look it up.

https://comicstore.marvel.com/S-H-I-...al-comic/48629

In my opinion it was a surprising ending. To me it makes the whole story feel like an extended analogy about the nature of, and inherent conflict in, comic book writing.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-06-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    He's moved on to the X-Men for the past year and a half, almost 2 years, and his books there start going on sale in July. Who knows if he's been writing a Vol. 2.
    I see. Thank you...He shoulda wrote more SHIELD stories

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    He finished it. Go look it up.

https://comicstore.marvel.com/S-H-I-...al-comic/48629

In my opinion it was a surprising ending. To me it makes the whole story feel like an extended analogy about the nature of, and inherent conflict in, comic book writing.
    Ehh! I didn’t know theres issues 5 & 6 ... oops. Thank you.
    It’s a good read ... gah damn.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Ehh! I didn’t know theres issues 5 & 6 ... oops. Thank you.
    It’s a good read ... gah damn.
    First they released a catch up reprint then they released the last two issues and now they have released the unified second volume trade. You are not the only person to miss it though. I told someone else only a couple of weeks ago who was asking when Hickman would finish the story. I expect others to ask in the future too. If you have a gap that long it’s bound to catch people out.

Hope you enjoy the ending. I did. We discussed it in a thread here somewhere.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks for the update. I must have missed the announcement about it somehow. Maybe it was around the time that the CBR homepage had all those lists instead of news. I stopped looking at it altogether.

BANNED

What's this story about?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What's this story about?
    Well that’s a complex thing to answer because it is Hickman. On the surface it is about how SHIELD was formed during the renaissance and the early modern era. In general it reads like a story about ideas and the history of ideas with famous people from history as the main characters, like Sir Isaac Newton and Leonardo da Vinci. Some of us think it is about the battleground of comics continuity.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

One day, I'll have to read the whole thing and hope to understand the ending.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I think I will have to start over again myself. I recall some general stuff like how the clash between Night Machine and Nathaniel Richards carried over into Hickman's Fantastic Four and resulted in the Great Hunt. This was where all the multiverse Nathaniels were tasked to kill each other off by Immortus IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think I will have to start over again myself. I recall some general stuff like how the clash between Night Machine and Nathaniel Richards carried over into Hickman's Fantastic Four and resulted in the Great Hunt. This was where all the multiverse Nathaniels were tasked to kill each other off by Immortus IIRC.
    The whole thing is quite dense, but its only a couple of trades so its not too much of a chore. I did the same.

Well its not a chore at all because it is great but you know what I mean.

The whole thing is quite dense, but its only a couple of trades so its not too much of a chore. I did the same.

Well its not a chore at all because it is great but you know what I mean.
    Yes I remember enjoying it quite a lot, esp the team of Howard and Nathaniel. I'm sure all of this should be on Marvel Unlimited or I'll have to dig through some boxes. It's too bad that Dustin Weaver hasn't done anything for Marvel since AFAIK

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes I remember enjoying it quite a lot, esp the team of Howard and Nathaniel. I'm sure all of this should be on Marvel Unlimited or I'll have to dig through some boxes. It's too bad that Dustin Weaver hasn't done anything for Marvel since AFAIK
    Yes its all on MU.

Well that’s a complex thing to answer because it is Hickman. On the surface it is about how SHIELD was formed during the renaissance and the early modern era. In general it reads like a story about ideas and the history of ideas with famous people from history as the main characters, like Sir Isaac Newton and Leonardo da Vinci. Some of us think it is about the battleground of comics continuity.
    Honestly, the concept of SHIELD being formed during the renaissance sounds kind of lame........But, then again, when I read the premise of Black Monday Murders (Mixture of the banking industry and the occult), I had no interest in reading it, but when I finally checked it out I ended up ranking it in my top 5 favorite comics of all-time (And it's not finished yet).

Guess I'll give Hickman's SHIELD a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Honestly, the concept of SHIELD being formed during the renaissance sounds kind of lame........But, then again, when I read the premise of Black Monday Murders (Mixture of the banking industry and the occult), I had no interest in reading it, but when I finally checked it out I ended up ranking it in my top 5 favorite comics of all-time (And it's not finished yet).

Guess I'll give Hickman's SHIELD a try.
    I just bought the two volumes in TPBs of Black Monday Murders....have to get started on those too.