Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Expect a steep price point for all that content. I mean even Amazon prime is closing in on $20 a month and that's a huge juggernaut. This is just a small streaming service for DC content
    Amazon Prime's streaming service is only a part of the overall Prime package. You're not paying $20 a month for streaming alone but for everything else as well. I'm going to guess this will have a price point more in line with Netflix, CrunchyRoll and Funimation and other streaming services but I might be wrong. Time will tell.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah, with the addition of what I at least hope is a good sized amount of comics to make up for the fact that DC would have much less shows and movies at launch than Netflix or even HBO probably would have, I would expect a price about the same at most as Netflix. In the UK it’s about £8 a month for a The default two screen with HD Netflix account so...

Let's also remember they're just starting out. They surely will launch with a relatively low monthly fee to attract as many subscribers as possible. I doubt they'd bring up a monthly fee exceeding $10.00 in the first year.

And that they're just starting out should also be remembered when complaining about rotating comics. As others have pointed out, they'd need a lot of storage space to offer all those movies and shows and permanent comics. But if they grow, and people keep asking for it, they probably will add storage space and offer the comics permanently.

I doubt they are going to offer comics on there permanently
    Something like that would kill the retail market for a lot of the backlog of DC's library
    Oh the entire LOSH omnibus is on DC universe. No need to buy that now
    Oh they have the entire Alan Moore Swamp thing run no need to buy those trades

It will probably never switch to a sort of marvel unlimited model unless they can get their money's worth

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    I doubt they are going to offer comics on there permanently
    Something like that would kill the retail market for a lot of the backlog of DC's library

It will probably never switch to a sort of marvel unlimited model unless they can get their money's worth
    I disagree with the bolded. Libraries have a lot of trades available to read for free but its hardly keeping the people who want to buy a physical trade and who would do so anyway from buying them. Heck, I get my comics digitally and that hasn't stopped me from buying actual trades of the books I particularly enjoyed. If it did then trade sales would be awful but their not so I doubt very much that this service is going to keep people from buying trades if that's something they would do anyway. It might keep some people away mind you but not enough to do any harm to trade sales.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    Let's also remember they're just starting out. They surely will launch with a relatively low monthly fee to attract as many subscribers as possible. I doubt they'd bring up a monthly fee exceeding $10.00 in the first year.

And that they're just starting out should also be remembered when complaining about rotating comics. As others have pointed out, they'd need a lot of storage space to offer all those movies and shows and permanent comics. But if they grow, and people keep asking for it, they probably will add storage space and offer the comics permanently.
    Exactly. They are going to want people to join the service but if they overcharge then no one will sign up. Of course they might also offer different tiers with special incentives at different prices. That could be why we've no word on the price yet. They could still be trying working that out.

BANNED

My problem isn't how much they will charge or how many comics they will start up with, but that young justice isn't starting with the premiere, I think that will hurt right out of the gate

Late to the party. Robin looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    My problem isn't how much they will charge or how many comics they will start up with, but that young justice isn't starting with the premiere, I think that will hurt right out of the gate
    I don't think its going to hurt Young Justice itself. There are a lot of fans, including myself, who are anxiously awaiting its return and I doubt waiting a few months more after waiting this long is going to keep them away from it when it does finally drop.

As for whether it will hurt the streaming service itself, that's hard to say but they are debuting with the live action Titans show so there will be a fair amount of interested in that from fans I think, as well as the other things being offered here, even if it would have done better with launching both that and the new Young Justice season as well.

So why not do some motion comics? Also no superfriends or 90's swamp thing show or cartoon on that trailer. Will we get the serials like spy smasher and batman? How about the shazam cartoon and live action series? What about krypto?

Anyone got a full list of what we know is on it?

As for price maybe it will be the same as boomerangs? It's $4.95 a month or $39.99 a year.

https://watch.boomerang.com/

They have-

looney tunes-ones from the dvds
    looney tunes show
    baby looney tunes
    tweety mysteries
    Wabbit
    New looney tunes (s2 of wabbit with new name and other looney tunes like taz, foghorn and lola added)
    Duck Dodger's
    Taz Mania
    tom and jerry-from the dvds
    tom and jerry kids
    new tom and jerry show
    droopy-ones on the dvds
    droopy master detective
    gym partner is a monkey (ugh)
    chance of meatballs cartoon (why is this here?)
    Johhny quest 60s series
    flintstones
    jetsons (60s series)
    Jetsons (80s series)
    atom ant
    barney bear
    bunnicula
    camp Lazlo
    courage the cowardly dog
    wacky races (reboot series)
    wacky races (60s series)
    Dorothy
    Garfield tv specials
    huck hound show
    magilla gorilla
    Life and times of juniper lee
    richie rich
    popeye-classic ones
    smurfs (plus some of the prime time specials)
    Scooby-doo where are you
    pup named Scooby-doo
    13 ghosts of Scooby-doo
    be cool Scooby-doo
    what's new Scooby-doo
    Scooby and scrappy show
    yogi bear
    New yogi bear (80s series)
    Christmas specials (christmas comes to pac-land!)
    Easter specials
    Halloween specials
    movies---

Bugs Bunny Wabbit Run
    A Christmas story
    Flintstones Christmas special
    Flintstone Christmas carol
    Flinstones family Christmas
    Garfield Christmas
    aloha Scooby-doo
    Caspers first Christmas (casper/ yogi bear crossover)
    Casper saves Halloween
    chill out Scooby-doo
    Christmas comes to pac-land
    Dorothy of oz: the witch, the wizard, and the crystal
    flintsones meet rockula and frankenstone
    flinstones I Yabba dabba do
    Flintstones meet wwe
    Garfield gets a life
    Garfield goes Hollywood
    Garfield in paradise
    Garfield in the rough
    Garfield on the town
    Garfield babes and bullets
    Garfield feline fantasies
    garfields Halloween adventure
    Garfield thanksgiving
    here comes Garfield
    hey there it's yogi bear
    70s Horton hears a who
    h-b jack and the beanstalk (live action and animated)
    Jetsons and wwe
    jetsons meets the flinstones
    smurfs valentine special
    Scooby and the alien invaders
    Scooby and the ghoul school
    Scooby and the reluctant werewolf
    acooby and the witchs ghost
    Scooby in camp scare
    Scooby-doo and the beast beastie
    Scooby meets the boo brothers
    Scooby and the monster of mexico
    Scooby and the spooky scarecrow
    Scooby and wwe speed demon
    Scooby's Arabian nights (with yogi bear)
    Scooby and the curse of the lake monster
    Scooby doo and the haunted holidays (bunch of his Christmas specials)
    Scooby and music of the vampire
    Scooby and shaggy showdown
    smurfly ever after
    smurfs Christmas special
    smurfs springtime special (easter special)
    Baby looney tunes easter special
    cabbage patch kids Christmas (80s special)
    good the bad and the huck hound
    town santa forgot
    tis the season to the smurfy
    tom and jerry's 50th birthday bash
    tom and jerry nutcracker tale
    tom and jerry blast off to mars
    tom and jerry santas helpers
    tom and jerry meet Sherlock holmes
    tom and jerry shiver me whiskers
    tom and jerry in oz
    tom and jerry meet willy wonka
    yogi's all star Christmas comedy special
    yogi's first Christmas
    yogi's great escape
    yogi the easter bear

Not bad for $4.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    I do think it's noticeable that this probably the only service that offers both movies, cartoons, merchandise, and the ability to read comics all in one service.

That might also be why they have to cycle out certain material at times.

Amazing Member

I really don't care about the Arrowverse stuff being on, that's all easily available on Netflix. I'm more interested in all those other older DC shows. I saw Superfriends, Static Shock, Adventure of Lois & Clark, Batman Brave and the Bold, Teen Titans, Justice League, Superboy.. I am so pumped to watch some of those again lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Nah if you want Young Justice then your gonna join, best not to have people show up for some intial 30 day trial binge it then leave. Starting With Titans in the fall and building an audience for the service is the right move, they dont seem ready to preview anything aside from Young Justice and possibly Titans right now anyway, hopefuly they will be able to make headway on a couple of other series by the end of the year to roll out in 2019. Crossing my fingers for a supersons cartoon

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zudomon View Post
    I really don't care about the Arrowverse stuff being on, that's all easily available on Netflix. I'm more interested in all those other older DC shows. I saw Superfriends, Static Shock, Adventure of Lois & Clark, Batman Brave and the Bold, Teen Titans, Justice League, Superboy.. I am so pumped to watch some of those again lol.
    Not in the UK, it isn't. Sky via NOW Tv and Amazon Prime have basically split it all up into a greedy pile which forces UK viewers to have to sub to both, neither of which are anything as good as Netflix when it comes to setup and exclusives. But we can hope that the Arrowverse will be all added later when DC Universe (hopefully) goes international.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nah if you want Young Justice then your gonna join, best not to have people show up for some intial 30 day trial binge it then leave. Starting With Titans in the fall and building an audience for the service is the right move, they dont seem ready to preview anything aside from Young Justice and possibly Titans right now anyway, hopefuly they will be able to make headway on a couple of other series by the end of the year to roll out in 2019. Crossing my fingers for a supersons cartoon
    Noting will prevent that from happening. The WWE will glady tell you that. It has killed them many times around Wrestlemania time. Same with Hulu, Netflix and CBS. Netflix isn't tossing stuff on dvd for the heck of it. They will get something back with those Stranger Things dvds.

Heck it would be better to wait for the eventual dvds. Warner is not that stupid to not make them.

Not everybody does online services.
    Not every school offers online stuff for kids.

Also not all of that stuff would STAY on that stream. Some of it would get removed.