Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

it's weird not having a Tweedale review for this issue

Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    it's weird not having a Tweedale review for this issue
    It most certainly is. My ritual of reading the issue and popping over to his review immediately after was something I looked forward to and took for granted. I miss it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    It most certainly is. My ritual of reading the issue and popping over to his review immediately after was something I looked forward to and took for granted. I miss it.
    You hear that Tweedale? We love you and totally respect your decision, but also wish you were still writing those reviews.

Thanks. I'll probably end up doing Mignolaversity again at some point, but I don't think I'll ever return to single-issue reviews. Those were the biggest grind for me. If I do reviews for it again, I'd prefer to write them for a trade. That's my preferred way to read anyway—I'm just not an issue kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Thanks. I'll probably end up doing Mignolaversity again at some point, but I don't think I'll ever return to single-issue reviews. Those were the biggest grind for me. If I do reviews for it again, I'd prefer to write them for a trade. That's my preferred way to read anyway—I'm just not an issue kind of guy.
    Totally understandable. It's easier to miss small (but important) things with those +/-monthly breaks between chapters/issues, plus the trade collections usually have additional notes and drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I for one am happy to hear that you might be back in some capacity.

Fantastic Member

Hey Mark,

The Hellboy Book Club podcast, and the way I read basically all of Abe Sapien has convinced me entirely that the Mignolaverse stuff is so much better consumed (and reviewed) as whole story arcs and individual one shots. I’d be perfectly happy to sacrifice monthly reviews if we were to get the occasional Hellnotes and TPB reviews as and when you can manage it.

One week from Wednesday . . .

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/300...il-You-Know-15

Then in July (July 17, 2019)

B.P.R.D.: The Devil You Know Volume 3--Ragna Rok TPB
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/3001...-Ragna-Rok-TPB

It's extremely exciting... just what is going to happen? I'm with the idea that we will see a series post-BPRD The Devil You Know.

In fact, Mignola may have let something slip in an interview (SPOILERS)

spoilers:
    "Quaintance: Speaking of, what does the next phase of Hellboy comics look like, is it all back-filling previous eras or will there be new stories past The Devil You Know on the timeline? Personally, I’d love to see more shorts….

Mignola: Right now there are several Hellboy short stories in the works—some by Chris Roberson and quite a few by me. Right now they are all set in Hellboy’s past. I do actually have a couple ideas for things that take place after The Devil You Know. Hard to say how or if Hellboy will feature into those plans, and The Devil You Know leaves him in a very strange place that I’m not even sure I understand."

So Mignola just revealed HB exists in some form or another at the very very end of Devil You Know. Unless of course he is just messing with us again. But I never fell for DHC and their HB is done after "Hellboy in Hell" and knew he'd reappear in BPRD.
    end of spoilers

Source: https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...t-for-hellboy/
    Last edited by timbolton; 04-13-2019 at 04:02 AM.
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

I am nervous/excited for the end tomorrow. It's a sad and exhilarating thing. At least we know the stories are going to continue.

Im hoping Abe has a reunion with Grace and Dayana's crew. That was my favorite arc in the Abe solo comic. I wouldn't mind if that girl who wanted to join the BPRD follows through on that.

Quote Originally Posted by timbolton View Post
    It's extremely exciting... just what is going to happen? I'm with the idea that we will see a series post-BPRD The Devil You Know.

In fact, Mignola may have let something slip in an interview (SPOILERS)

spoilers:
    "Quaintance: Speaking of, what does the next phase of Hellboy comics look like, is it all back-filling previous eras or will there be new stories past The Devil You Know on the timeline? Personally, I’d love to see more shorts….

Mignola: Right now there are several Hellboy short stories in the works—some by Chris Roberson and quite a few by me. Right now they are all set in Hellboy’s past. I do actually have a couple ideas for things that take place after The Devil You Know. Hard to say how or if Hellboy will feature into those plans, and The Devil You Know leaves him in a very strange place that I’m not even sure I understand."

So Mignola just revealed HB exists in some form or another at the very very end of Devil You Know. Unless of course he is just messing with us again. But I never fell for DHC and their HB is done after "Hellboy in Hell" and knew he'd reappear in BPRD.
    end of spoilers

Source: https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...t-for-hellboy/
    HB looks like some kind of ghost right now, maybe we will see more of him like Sir Edward (?).
    I'm sure there will be new stuff post-TDYK, HB in Hell ended with Pluto "waking" called by the other demons... maybe he is the next big bad guy. And I doubt Koschei tale is over too.

kiro

Well....that was a masterpiece!

I will just say that this is easily one of the most beautiful issues of B.P.R.D. in quite some time.

For now, I will leave it at that.

Incredible Member

Wow. Like, I don't really have words to describe my feelings on this final issue. Felt kind of similar when Hellboy in Hell ended.