Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default KITT vs Christine

The arena floor has been replaced by pavement for this fight. Which car wins?

Christine's regen is considerable, enough for her to come back from several attacks by a bulldozer. While KITT is advanced and powerful, I don't think it can generate as much force as bulldozer (though I could be wrong).

On the other hand, KITT is way smarter than Chrstine, who was more like a primal animal while KITT was highly cultured, sophisticated, and tactical.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Christine...is going to have a hell of a time tagging KITT, and if she does, it really won't do a lot.

KITT, by contrast, is going to wreck Christine again and again, but it's not going to stick.

I'm guessing that unless KITT can manage a 10-count -- which is entirely possible, he has literally flown through KARR ('Turbo Boooost!') and reduced it to debris -- Christine is going to win this one through sheer, raw endurance (and KITT literally gassing out).

...then The Car is released into the arena and basically destroys them both. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Christine...is going to have a hell of a time tagging KITT, and if she does, it really won't do a lot.

KITT, by contrast, is going to wreck Christine again and again, but it's not going to stick.

I'm guessing that unless KITT can manage a 10-count -- which is entirely possible, he has literally flown through KARR ('Turbo Boooost!') and reduced it to debris -- Christine is going to win this one through sheer, raw endurance (and KITT literally gassing out).

...then The Car is released into the arena and basically destroys them both. ^_^
    Ah yes, KITT's armor plates are pretty formidable. By contrast, and necessary to show her regen, Chrstine has the armor of a regular 1950s car. Which isn't much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Ah yes, KITT's armor plates are pretty formidable. By contrast, and necessary to show her regen, Chrstine has the armor of a regular 1950s car. Which isn't much.
    KITT no-sold all manner of bullets and even rockets through the show, and did at one point literally ram itself through KARR; though if I remember, KARR was slightly damaged due to KITT bouncing back its...I don't know, laser beams, maybe?...so there was a structural weakness. Even so, that's still going through a mildly damaged version of itself and blasting it to pieces.

But Christine basically came back from being completely wrecked.

So...10-Count seems to be KITT's bit possibility for a win, from where I'm standing. Otherwise, Christine should basically outlast KITT. I can't recall how fast Christine regenerated, but I do remember that at one point it was actually regenerating in-scene, rather than 'off-screen'.

Mileage, it may vary, and I'm open to being proven wrong; we're talking about stuff I saw 35-40 years ago. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

KITT no-sold all manner of bullets and even rockets through the show, and did at one point literally ram itself through KARR; though if I remember, KARR was slightly damaged due to KITT bouncing back its...I don't know, laser beams, maybe?...so there was a structural weakness. Even so, that's still going through a mildly damaged version of itself and blasting it to pieces.

But Christine basically came back from being completely wrecked.

So...10-Count seems to be KITT's bit possibility for a win, from where I'm standing. Otherwise, Christine should basically outlast KITT. I can't recall how fast Christine regenerated, but I do remember that at one point it was actually regenerating in-scene, rather than 'off-screen'.
    Yeah, the bulldzoer won thanks to its literal weight advantage. How much does KITT weigh? I can't imagine as much as a bulldozer since it has all those flying stunts.

Mileage, it may vary
    I see what you did there!

Yeah, the bulldzoer won thanks to its literal weight advantage. How much does KITT weigh? I can't imagine as much as a bulldozer since it has all those flying stunts.
    I'm pretty sure KITT probably weighed...not so much. However, the speed at which it could hit would be considerable; even in a short distance like the arena, it wouldn't have a problem driving circles around Christine and slamming into it with it's nigh-unbreakable body. The thing was fast, even before going into 'super pursuit mode' (yes, I am serious).

Also, there was that silly 'Turbo Boost' button that Michael could hit that really wasn't a turbo boost; rather, it turned the car into a (highly durable) flying rocket for a short period of time (basically, those flying stunts you mentioned). Turbo Boosted, I recall that KITT went through brick walls. As mentioned, it went through KARR when KARR was doing the same things, so they slammed into each other (blowing KARR to pieces, I might add, due to KARR being slightly damaged to begin with; KITT came out of the impact in perfect shape). Etc. I figure if it hits Christine like that, it's going to tear Christine in two.

But is that enough? How quickly does Christine make a comeback? If she's moving by the end of a 10-count -- doesn't need to be perfect -- it's not a 10-count.

I don't know! ^_^

I see what you did there!

I swear, totally unintentional. O_o And yet, so fitting!
    Why are we here?

Didn't KITT in later seasons have the ability to take control of other machines? If so, KITT could potentially just shutdown Christine for 10 seconds.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Didn't KITT in later seasons have the ability to take control of other machines? If so, KITT could potentially just shutdown Christine for 10 seconds.
    Hm. Cannot remember.

:(
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I wonder out loud, I'm assuming KITT takes control through the vehicle's electronics, right? But would a car like a 1957 fury have a complex enough set up that it could be controlled in the first place? If not, it would be like trying to use a modern day CIA laptop to remotely wiretap into two cans and a taut string. The laptop is obviously far ahead technologically, but it would be so far advanced that it wouldn't be able to do the job over its primitive opponent.

I had thought of that as well, but I can totally see KITT doing magical stuff like taking over machines that are basically hydraulics and such, nothing more. It was that kind of show.

But I can't remember what kinds of machines he took over. Really, I'd need to go back and search through the show for examples.

...which I am totally not doing. :P
    Why are we here?

I had thought of that as well, but I can totally see KITT doing magical stuff like taking over machines that are basically hydraulics and such, nothing more. It was that kind of show.

But I can't remember what kinds of machines he took over. Really, I'd need to go back and search through the show for examples.

...which I am totally not doing. :P
    But at the very least, we can listen to the Knight Rider theme together!

But at the very least, we can listen to the Knight Rider theme together!

This thread is gold. ^_^

I'll raise.
    Why are we here?

Why are we here?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if this was final season KITT, who didn't have his molecular bonded shell, christine could outlast him easy.

but KITT with the MBS? KITT could get the ten since christine's regen wasn't really fast or instant. it was more dependant on richie and his mindset/health. at the end of the movie when richie died, she kinda lost the will to go on and was crushed into a cube. if he hits her with the same level of power that he hit KARR with, he takes the ten count.