Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Exactly. With Clark, you think reporter, boy scout, wholesome. Does Kara have such an archetype? Nope.

Here's an article about a 1965 team up with Wonder Woman:
    https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-wonder...me-socialites/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    About the characterisation, hasn't it always been pretty inconsistent? And unlike Clark, Kara's never been able to maintain a constant supporting cast.
    It has much like WW. I think that is probably way her initial 2005 relaunch in the DC universe is my favorite take on the character. They finally did something totally different, built up a supporting cast of friends for those first 15 or so issues. Cassie and Boomer were great for the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, from a design perspective I think there's more to it than putting her in pants, because the skirt helped with the color balance and it just makes her suit more generic or like Clark.
    Exactly, its just a boring and generic suit. If you want to put pants on her thats fine but at least make the suit interesting and not literally female Superman.

These are a lot more interesting

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Exactly. With Clark, you think reporter, boy scout, wholesome. Does Kara have such an archetype? Nope.

Here's an article about a 1965 team up with Wonder Woman:
    https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-wonder...me-socialites/
    Kara's archetype is either a genuinely nice person who feels/is an outsider or a mean girl trying her best to put on a wholesome facade and be better than what she actually is.

I feel like Kara's optimal characterization/ archetype is somewhere between those extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I like how they resolved the rivalry with Cat through Toyman.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjLT_7fj...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I guess the Karas will show up either in Batman vs. Robin or Ram V’s Tec? That’s my top two guesses for what this is for.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think the Supergirl skirt is just too ingrained into the character to remove it. It will never look right to have her just wear pants. It is like when they tried to have Wonder Woman wear pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I guess the Karas will show up either in Batman vs. Robin or Ram V’s Tec? That’s my top two guesses for what this is for.
    Yeah, can't be Dark Crisis if Batman and Zatanna are there. Can't be before it either due to Mary Marvel. So it's something set after the event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

When Mary Marvel looks more like Supergirl than Supergirl does .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

[crosses fingers it's Ram V Tec]

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When Mary Marvel looks more like Supergirl than Supergirl does .
    lol, good point.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It has much like WW. I think that is probably way her initial 2005 relaunch in the DC universe is my favorite take on the character. They finally did something totally different, built up a supporting cast of friends for those first 15 or so issues. Cassie and Boomer were great for the book.

Exactly, its just a boring and generic suit. If you want to put pants on her thats fine but at least make the suit interesting and not literally female Superman.

Looking at it now, I wonder if the Smallville suit was the basis for the Supergirl show suit.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Is this some sort of thunder-thighs contest? Zatanna has the build of an NFL lineman.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

These are all MILES AND MILES above what we have. Not that the costume is bad...it's just boring as all hell. Superman's suit has more interesting function than SuperKaren's. (Which is what she looks like...a karen waiting to address a manager.)

Incredible Member

Curious why you'd think of Detective or Batman vs. Robin? Federici has been drawing Action. A whole "Kal-El Returns" event is now starting, and while Federici's name isn't on any of the solicitations, they could be wrong. This could also be in one of the events at the end of Dark Crisis - the Justice League is returning before the very end, and there are several tie-in specials. Not all of them are listing all the artists yet.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Is this some sort of thunder-thighs contest? Zatanna has the build of an NFL lineman.
    Yes, it is that and she does! Power Girl is short and overweight; Supergirl is shorter still and thick, built like a tank; Zatanna is extremely short and her proportions suggest she's obese.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Who is between Power Girl and Mary?