Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Yours is a very interesting list. Your cut-off seems to be after Tyroc joins but before Dawnstar. You have Invisible Kid I and Ferro Lad still alive (which I like) but no Bouncing Boy, Matter Eater Lad, or Light Lass.

This is what I love about Legion fans. We all have our favorite line-ups.
    I would have Chuck and Tenzil around, just not on the mission roster. Looking over my list I realize I forgot Polar Boy, so I would drop Cosmic Boy and add Brek.

Mighty Member

Yours is a very interesting list. Your cut-off seems to be after Tyroc joins but before Dawnstar. You have Invisible Kid I and Ferro Lad still alive (which I like) but no Bouncing Boy, Matter Eater Lad, or Light Lass.

I would have Chuck and Tenzil around, just not on the mission roster. Looking over my list I realize I forgot Polar Boy, so I would drop Cosmic Boy and add Brek.

Retired

My 24 wasn't a favourites list. If it was, the line-up would be very different. I was thinking about what characters would make for a good new run of Legion, building on what came before. But certainly with some of my favourites being in that mix.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

1 - Saturn Girl
    2 - Cosmic Boy
    3 - Brainiac 5
    4 - Chameleon
    5 - Ultra Boy
    6 - Phantom Girl
    7 - Shadow Lass
    8 - Lightning Lass
    9 - Violet
    10 - Tellus
    11 - Gates
    12 - XS
    13 - Wildfire
    14 - Timber Wolf
    15 - Blok
    16 - Sun Boy
    17 - Dream Girl
    18 - Dawnstar
    19 - Tyroc
    20 - Invisible Kid II
    21 - Polar Boy
    22 - Ferro (Douglas Nolan)
    23 - Sensor Girl (a cousin of Projectra with the same powers)
    24 - Supergirl (Cir-El)

I would move Lightning Lad and Mon-El to the reserves and Colossal Boy over to be the Legion liaison with the Science Police. Lightning Lad to spend time taking care of their kids and Mon-El as more of a deep space ranger patrolling the edges of UP space. Starboy would join Triplicate Girl and Bouncing Boy as an instructor at the Legion Academy. Element Lad would be off on a spiritual quest.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think having a couple rookies like a new Sensor Girl and Ferro can make them the stand in for any new readers getting to know the team. I picked Cir-El because it would give the book a full time permanent link to Superman without having to worry about the Superman writers taking them away at a minutes notice like they would get with Kara or Conner. Chris Kent/Lor Zod would have been my first choice for a full time Superboy, but they kind of ruined that idea with what they did with him the last few years, so Cir-El get the nod.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 07-24-2018 at 04:11 PM.

If we can't go back to Legion of Super-Heroes #38 (Baxter) and pretend that the CoiE never happened this is what I would like...

While I love the OG LSH, if we have to update it, I'd like to keep as much of the old school team as possible but would also like a lot more "aliens" or at least non standard human looking members.
    I'd also like to see them use some of the other DC worlds.
    I do NOT want a bunch of "legacy" heroes though I wouldn't mind one or two if we have to have them.

Power Girl - The lost in time pov character and the resident Kryptonian.
    Wildfire
    Dawnstar
    Shadow Lass
    Brainiac 5
    The White Witch
    Blok
    Tellus
    Quislet
    Shikari ( or someone else of her race )
    Dream Girl
    Chameleon Girl ( call her Changeling though )
    Tyroc
    Invisible Kid II
    XS
    Phantom Girl
    Colossal Boy
    Shrinking Violet
    Element Lad
    Lightning Lass
    A Tamaranean ( Starfire's world )
    A Karnan ( Tigorr of the Omega Men )
    A Korugarian ( Sinestro's people )
    An Atlantean

Or something like that.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    My 24 wasn't a favourites list. If it was, the line-up would be very different. I was thinking about what characters would make for a good new run of Legion, building on what came before. But certainly with some of my favourites being in that mix.
    Same here. if it was a "favorites" list, mine would be about half different, at least.
    Batman - Daredevil

Spectacular Member

1. Lightning Lad
    2. Saturn Girl
    3. Cosmic Boy
    4. Phantom Girl
    5. Chameleon Boy
    6. Colossal Boy
    7. Brainiac 5
    8. Ultra Boy
    9. Sunboy
    10. Starboy
    11. Gates
    12. Mon-El
    13. Tellus
    14. Lightning Lass
    15. Dream Girl
    16. Projectra
    17. Karate Kid
    18. Shadow Lass
    19. Timberwolf
    20. Wildfire
    21. Dawnstar
    22. Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel
    23. Invisible Kid II (Jacques)
    24. Polar Boy

Ultimate Member

1. Phantom Girl
    2. Ultra Boy
    3. Shadow Lass
    4. Mon-El
    5. Element Lad
    6. Sun Boy
    7. Shrinking Violet
    8. Lightning Lass
    9. Colossal Boy
    10. Chameleon Boy
    11. Tellus
    12. Polar Boy
    13. Dream Girl
    14. Star Boy
    15. Tyroc
    16. Timber Wolf
    17. Dawnstar
    18. Wildfire
    19. Sensor Girl
    20. Duplicate Damsel
    21. Night Girl
    22. Kid Quantum II (or Infectious Lass)
    23. Dragonmage (or Karate Kid II/Myg)
    24. Gates (or Rond Vidar)

Garth and Imra retire to raise their family. Rokk joins Chuck at the Academy, but Lydda and Lu remain active Legionnaires. Quislet just goes away. Chameleon Girl returns to her acting career, but is still available for Espionage Squad missions. Brainiac 5 returns to Colu to help get things back on track there, opening up more potential for other Legion smart folk like Cham, Dreamy, Mon, Dirk, etc. to shine.

I feel like the Founders and Brainy (especially Brainy) tend to suck up all the oxygen in the room, when they are around, and that the other team scientists / geniuses would get a chance to shine without Brainy, and that Lightning Lass and Tellus would benefit from Garth and Imra taking a family-break. Rokk is kind of the default leader / elder statesman when he's around, as well, and I'd like to see others get a chance to shine in that role.

Kid Quantum II and Dragonmage are two of my favorites from other Legions, and, along with Gates, would round out the team with a few less traditional people (although *both* would benefit from some definition of their abilities. Nobody seems to know what KQ's 'quantum fields' really do, since they often seemed to fail at their stated function of freezing people in time when she used them, and Dragonmage has been called a mystic, but never really portrayed doing anything other than shooting zaps, which Sun Boy and Lightning Lass already have covered).

Dark horse choices (to possibly replace AU characters like Kid Quantum II and Dragonmage) would include Infectious Lass (who was referred to as a Legionnaire in a 21st century appearance, but, AFAIK, that was never followed up on) and Myg / Karate Kid II (who *may* have died in Legion of Three Worlds, but since that Myg was A) visibly older and wrinkly, B) not even a little bit Asian, and C) spelled his name Mygg, I'm going to pretend he was some sort of Time Trapper shenanigan summoned from an alternate timeline, and that the younger-than-Timber Wolf golden-skinned Asian named Myg is still alive and kicking...).

Rond Vidar is another one who's dead, but that's rarely a permanent state for a superhero. And he does technically have a super-power, apart from his Green Lantern ring, as he's immune to his father's mind control powers. Yes, that's reaching, but Mon-El's 'unique' power outside of Superboy and Supergirl is that he doesn't fold up and die when exposed to Kryptonite, which happens to be a 'power' that *I* have. The Legion's always had exceptions.

Ultimate Member

Ugh, double post.

(Doesn't post. Doesn't post. Doesn't post. Doesn't post. Oh look, two of them actually posted! Grr...)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-26-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    'favorites' was probably a poor choice of words. I was referring to a LSH line-up that you would like to see but expressed it in an incorrect way in my response.

I guess I'm a LSH geek but I'm loving seeing everyone's different opinions on this subject.

Retired

While I love the Legion of Super-Pets, I think they’re too absurd--north of the Legion of Substitutes--for them to make a full return to the Legion. However, at least two of them had the qualifications to be on the actual LSH.

Proty I (RIP) and Proty II could telepathically communicate and there was no reason why they shouldn’t be on the Legion--other than some xenophobia from the Legionnaires. But Proty II was too political to join the LSH, I think. That doesn’t stop yet another Protean (Proty III) from possibly throwing in with the Legion.

Comet the Super-Horse could also communicate telepathically. As a Centaur named Biron, under magic enchantment from ancient Greece, he has enough human qualities to be a full member of the LSH.

I think those two would contribute to the variety of life forms in the Legion.

The pre-5 years later Legion is the only Legion I really care about. Everything else is just a try-and-fail attempt to recapture the feel of that Legion, anyway.

So, every member from the original 3 to Tellus.

Pick up the continuity from Baxter Legion #63 dated August 1989, but remove the Pocket Universe Superboy stuff and reinstate Superman-as-a-teenager Superboy into the continuity.

If you want a younger Legion, then reboot with the Cockrum/Grell era Legion and progress from there.

Probably the most important question that's been asked in awhile on the message boards.

1. Ultra Boy (leader)
    2. White Witch
    3. Andromeda (Laurel Gand)
    4. Kinitex (with her Life Lass abilities; no magic hungry character destroying story arcs)
    5. Power Boy
    6. Gravity Kid
    7. Wildfire
    8. Dawnstar
    9. Brainiac 5
    10. Timber Wolf
    11. Chameleon Girl
    12. Colossal Boy
    13. Sun Boy
    14. Lightning Lass
    15. Dream Girl
    16. Comet Queen
    17. Tyroc
    18. Kid Quantum (Jazmin Cullen)
    19. Quislet
    20. Tellus
    21. Mon-El
    22. Sensor Girl (Espionage Squad Leader)
    23. Duplicate Boy
    24. Shrinking Violet
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

I like a mix of established members + some newer. I'd also like to see some of the great members from the reboot Legions introduced into the main continuity.
    I'd also like to see the original 3 step into retirement but continue to mentor or advise the active members.

1. Mon-El
    2. Shadow Lass
    3. Ultra Boy
    4. Phantom Girl
    5. Brainiac 5
    6. Invisible Kid II
    7. Lightning Lass
    8. Shrinking Violet
    9. Colossal Boy
    10.Chameleon Girl (Year)
    11. Timber Wolf
    12. Star Boy
    13. Dream Girl
    14. Tyroc
    15. Dawnstar
    16. Element Lad
    17. Wildfire
    18. Kent Shakespeare
    19. Dragonmage
    20. Gates
    21. Laurel Gand
    22. Quantum Kid II
    23. Zoe Saugin
    24. SOMEBODY COMPLETELY NEW (need a wild card)
    Last edited by astro@work; 07-26-2018 at 12:45 PM.