Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The only people 'deluding' themselves are those that blind themselves to decade upon decade of DC walking back on their various decisions and directions in order to appeal to the audience they're doing their best to hold onto because they're the only ones loyal enough to buy the comics from the first issue to last. DC won't be able to avoid the poor sales circulation of Jon's book or even PKJ's overrated run forever. Action will be taken, and sooner than you think. Until then, stay asleep.
    I really want to highlight this post, since it hits the nail on the head. I've been collecting comics for decades and seen this play out again and again. The only permanence in Big Two comics is either the status quo or (so far) shifting someone's sexual orientation. Nothing else changes, no matter how interesting the concept or direction.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Okay...This is just fucking adorable. Really makes me wish he had come out before he got Bendis'd.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Shouldn't earth 3 jon have a personality..This one doesn't..
    That's what makes him so evil!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I really want to highlight this post, since it hits the nail on the head. I've been collecting comics for decades and seen this play out again and again. The only permanence in Big Two comics is either the status quo or (so far) shifting someone's sexual orientation. Nothing else changes, no matter how interesting the concept or direction.
    Dude!The big two publishes soap opera..What did you expect?alan moore?We get lucky with good storyline runs here and there.
    As for action being taken,as if comics sales decide things...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Didn’t you already post this? Anyway the answer is no they aren’t going to do that. They made Jon bi so as not to invalidate his previous relationships and also because there are adaptions out of “Jon” right now that have him paired with women. Will he “go back” some day? Who knows? To be perfectly honest, if they’re grooming him to be the next Superman in live action then they’re likely keeping him bi so he can date women on the big screen without invalidating his sexuality.
    Just started reading the current Jon Kent book so I am way behind.

So, has Jon been with women before? Who are they? Is he a virgin? And Jay Nakamura is his first same sex relationship, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post

So, has Jon been with women before? Who are they? Is he a virgin? And Jay Nakamura is his first same sex relationship, correct?
    Jon has had relationship with womean before
    He had a crush on Kathy Branden the alien young girl living next to the Kent farm but that crush kinda ended after they aged him up
    then there was a relationship with Saturn girl during the Bendis era after aging him up but that relationship went really nowhere with him going on random dates and ends off-screen because no on really wanted to do anything with it and honestly no one like it.

Is he a virgin? don't know. They never mention it

Is Jay is first same sex bf? yes

Spectacular Member

If only they'd make Jace Fox queer somehow (Asexual maybe?) then you'd have a hat-trick of Pride representation on the left there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post

Thanks in advance.
    As mentioned he had a child romance with Kathy, and a teenage romance with Saturn Girl. No clue if he’s a virgin or not (DC doesn’t usually show teen heroes having sex), but Jay is his first male romance. My headcanon is he lost his virginity during his time with the Legion.

If only they'd make Jace Fox queer somehow (Asexual maybe?) then you'd have a hat-trick of Pride representation on the left there.
    Connor Hawke is asexual, they could add him as the new Green Arrow of the group if they ever actually make these guys the new JL.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This is awesome. DC's Pride shop also has Jon and Jay merch.

It's balanced this way though. Diana and Jace represent inclusion and acceptance on their respective teams.

As mentioned he had a child romance with Kathy, and a teenage romance with Saturn Girl. No clue if he’s a virgin or not (DC doesn’t usually show teen heroes having sex), but Jay is his first male romance. My headcanon is he lost his virginity during his time with the Legion.
    Thanks for the responses. I asked this specific question because DC sorta made a big deal out of Cassie and Conner’s first time pre-“Infinite Crisis” and Conner’s “death.”

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

They do not. If they cared about this stuff the way you guys think they do, comics Kon and Miss Martian would have actually talked to each other by now. Hell if they cared about that kind of stuff, they’d have adapted Jordan Kent into the comics. There’s already a teenaged Jon on the CW show remember? Jon won’t be getting deaged unless there’s actually an edict from on high to make it happen, and that’s unlikely to occur because there are no plans for a kid Jon in films.
    Waiting for the day Jordan gets added to the comics like Harley Quinn.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Borrowed this link from the Damian Wayne Appreciation thread. The British Board of Film Classification has revealed the full title of the Battle of the Super Sons movie as Batman & Superman: Battle of The Super Sons.

Looks like Starro is the main villain of the movie.