Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Hydra cap would throw his lot with the mutants more wholeheartedly this time and claim he is a mutant as he is a creation of a mutated cosmic cube. Lol. No doubt he will persuade them to throw inhumans into camps again. Thankfully Hickman is a muuuuch better writer than Spencer who seems like a amateur before him so no magical cosmic retcons will be introduced like the kind Spencer pulled out of his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Yeah, I hope to see a good variety of interactions too. I also want to see a variety of different motives and reactions to this shift in power.

A perfect example is Reed being against the mutant revolution. It would certainly have nothing to do with him having any mutant prejudices himself, but rather what it means for all people of Earth. The idea of giving mutant criminals like Sabretooth amnesty just for being mutants doesn't sit well with Reed at all, and I bet he wouldn't like how the mutants are suddenly painting all non-mutants as uniformly bad. Just look at the fact that Krakoa doesn't allow for non-mutants to live there, even their friends and allies both close to the X-Men and in the wider superhero community. Even former X-Men that weren't mutants, such as Omega Sentinel, can't enter (turning her against them in the process). It's made very clear: If you're not a mutant, you're not one of them. It doesn't matter if you were with them or against them before, you're on the outside of the culture.

Let's not forget the very real possibility that humans could end up enslaved or subject to genocide, what with the think-tank that Krakoa creates, and Magneto referring to them being the "new gods".

That's the kind of thing that'll make Reed put his foot down. Elsewhere, someone pointed out that being discriminated is one thing, but it doesn't give you the right to treat even those who were kind to you as being lower than yourself when suddenly you're in a position of power. I expect Reed to eventually confront them about it, and pointing out their hypocrisy in the process, that racism of any form is unjust and their treatment makes them no better than the people who discriminated them to begin with.

Sounds very interesting.

Hickman is doing a good job at portraying all sides as having a point, being both right and wrong, and making them sympathetic for it. It works a lot better there than Civil War.
    What happens to human children born to mutants? Not every child of mutants is also a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A lot of stuff that Morrison did has stuck.
    -- Jean Grey died and remained dead between 2004-2018. That's actually longer than the time she stayed dead post-Dark Phoenix Saga.
    -- Emma Frost reformed and shacked up with Cyclops, a romance which lasted real-time for 10 years. And Emma Frost is now aligned with the X-Men and has been reformed. Morrison's take on Emma, as this Mean Girl Wears Prada type has remained her default characterization.
    -- New characters Morrison introduced have become and remained lasting features -- Stepford Cuckoos, Quentin Quire, Cassandra Nova.
    -- Concepts like secondary mutations and so on.

The only thing that got reversed big time was Planet X where Morrison tried to give Magneto his own SHED. I personally blame that story on Morrison's editors and chiefly Quesada. He/they didn't want to look like bad guys saying no to Morrison, the first (and as it turned out only) star of the British Invasion to helm one of their core titles, so they ended up looking like fools when they clumsily tried to revert to the status-quo.

Considering how many heads got turned by "Moira X" and how well it was received, I doubt people are going to go, "Psych! Moira just thought she was a mutant, the memories were impanted by the identical triplet sister of yada-yada-yada". I think that's going to stick and continue.
    What does SHED mean?

BANNED

Mutant drug used by not magneto.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    What happens to human children born to mutants? Not every child of mutants is also a mutant.
    Genetic testing might have to be done in the womb. And the perhaps and X-gene can be spliced in? But as we see, it's quite possible that all of the big players on the island would like to see traditional conception and birthing phased out in favor of the pod people method. This would allow them control over the island's direction and keep mutants with more dangerous powers from being a problem.

It might effect the Fantastic Four because Cyclops mentioned Franklin. Eventually, they will likely be dragged into whatever's going on.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It might effect the Fantastic Four because Cyclops mentioned Franklin. Eventually, they will likely be dragged into whatever's going on.
    You also have Molly from the Runaways and...ummm...can't think of any other mutants outside of the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Genetic testing might have to be done in the womb. And the perhaps and X-gene can be spliced in?
    Or the fetus simply aborted.

natural birth is somewhat obsolete with Goldballs popping eggs out. they are controlling the birth process. and they have several geneticists on Krakoa. so eugenics would be the answer. the Inhumans basically did the same thing with their terrigenesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Hydra cap would throw his lot with the mutants more wholeheartedly this time
    i seriously doubt it. he'd approve of them staying on krakoa. but he would be looking for ways to create a shield between the mutants and the rest of Hydra-controlled territory. if not magic-based, it would be something like Blackout using his darkforce powers again. Hydra Cap only respected order. and the existence of mutants naturally challenges that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I hope that it resorts in a way that we see a considerable amount of variety in interactions between the humans and mutants, as opposed to being maliciously cornered like it's some religious war.

As for the Avengers' relationship with them, at the risk of sounding like I'm having too rosy of a view of the world and/or being accused of denying the world's problems, I'll say that I miss when comics like Secret Wars showed more that, despite all the disagreements, shortcomings, and antagonism involved in the humans/mutates' relation with the mutants/X-Men, they're still able to reasonably communicate and cooperate towards a greater good.

I don't know, some may call it unrealistic, overly-optimistic, or just a flat out joke, and perhaps it can indeed be worded better, but if you ask me, I don't think there's anything wrong with finding and embracing at least a little bit of that hopeful light even in the middle of that destructive darkness, having one's heart in the right place while actively working towards a solution, even if there isn't one close in sight. It just feels more... nuanced and human that way, and would be nice to see if Hickman brought a little more of that after all is said and done.

Hickman would use this panel and show that what really happened was that Xavier used his telepathy on Captain America; knowing that the other Avengers would fall in line.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    None of this right now seems like it is the actual mainstream universe. Rather it is probably the precursor to the said reboot.
    The Krakoa situation was referenced in Invaders, which would imply it's the main continuity. Of course, Al Ewing is more aggressive at synergy than others.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    "HOW DARE YOU EMBRACE OPTIMSIM!!! Steve Rogers DOESN'T CARE ABOUT MUTANTs!" - Enraged X-boards.

Now seriously I'd like the X-men to be heroes working for the common good. Not a remix of ALL the things they've been fighting against all along.

I'd like them to come out of thier little corner of the universe and everybody get the message that "This" is what happens when people build super-robot-killing machines.

Show them ALL the futures they've seen. All the wars and subjugation and show that "No, magneto, building a wall around mutants and bullying the world ISN'T the way".

They should be marvel heroes fighting for good as well. IMHO.
    And people are entitled to have the opinion that my view is too rosy, and cite all the very awful tragedies that past writers have had the mutants go through, sure, just as much as I’m entitled to have the opinion that others can get too cynical, and that I don’t think there’s any harm in having more optimism and consistently showing more complexities in the human/mutant relations, at least so long as it’s handled honestly, interestingly, and responsibly.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-20-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What does SHED mean?
    Over in the Brand New Day Spider-Man comics, right before Grim Hunt, Curt Connors completely lost control of the Lizard, who proceeded to kill and eat his own son Billy, which completely destroyed Curt's personality, leaving behind only the Lizard, who somehow gained the power to tap into the "reptilian" portion of the human brain and make people act on their most savage and primal impulses. That was Shed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Or the fetus simply aborted.
    I'm pro-choice and all, but what if the mutant woman doesn't want to abort?

And even if pregnancy is obsolete, are we to assume that no one is having sex? And aren't their mutants with powers that would make birth control ineffective?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The Krakoa situation was referenced in Invaders, which would imply it's the main continuity. Of course, Al Ewing is more aggressive at synergy than others.
    Yeah, Ewing has always been very good with making sure his stuff fits with what everyone else is doing. It almost makes me a bit worried for him given that it seems like he's getting his first big event coming up.