Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't think they'll be emphasizing Betsy's ninja skills anytime soon, but writers have said that she retained that knowledge. We saw her using pressure points on Jamie in Excalibur.

BANNED

I’m sure Betsy will continue to use her skills. She isn’t the first westerner in Marvel Comics to learn how to be a ninja (hi Logan, Kitty, Daredevil).

I don’t have a huge issue with the butterfly given how they utilized it in #1. It was always Betsy’s but I can understand giving it to Kwannon for branding purposes and they gave it a good explanation in-story.

I’m finding the Kwannon hate few and far between on this board minus a few folks. I am loving FA, very impressed with the new Psylocke and still loving Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryllyrd View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Laura swear off killing a little while ago? How come she’s fine with killing again in Fallen Angels, what’d I miss?
    She was stabbing up Multiple Man dupes during Disassembled so I assume she renounced her no-killing policy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She was stabbing up Multiple Man dupes during Disassembled so I assume she renounced her no-killing policy.
    And it was soundly criticized for a flimsy handwave ("Dupes aren't real people") there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And it was soundly criticized for a flimsy handwave ("Dupes aren't real people") there, too.
    It’s so weird that they did that right after spending an entire mini humanizing dupes. Even replacing the original Jamie with a dupe for the whole Rosencanny era.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    So if one of the Stepford Sister die then she won't get a resurrection because being the duplicate/clone of Emma Frost!?
    No, bc they are their own individual characters arent arent merely Emma at younger points in her life

BANNED

I didnt read the story in question but did people assume Laura no kill vow would hold? Because it sounds as good an idea as "Psylocke cant feel sorrow".

I had the the lowest expectations regarding this book, but it ended up being quite good, I'll give it a chance and stick around for the first arc to see where it goes.

um no lets not generalize and call out all Betsy fans. kthx.

Some of us are actually supportive of Kwannon.

I’ve mostly read Fallen Angels for Laura, but her voice and all of her lines was so off putting, I had a hard time reading the first issue. The ‘safety sucks’ line made me stop reading for a moment… I believe the intention was for Laura not finding her place with everything being suddenly happy and no reason for her to fight and she just didn't know how to handle this new situation, but she seemed more like a rebel teenager who just needed to break something... But wanting to help in Psylocke’s mission to save children, and sympathizing with her over her lost daughter is very much in character.
    I hoped Laura’s no killing vow wouldn’t last, I wanted to see her a bit darker again, so that was the good part, but I don’t want it to happen by writing her like she was from many years ago, seemingly ignoring the last few years’ development of her. I also think the transitioning was really bad comparing her to her last solo series. I found a bit too much that her last solo was only about her feelings about Gabby and their sister relationship, disregarding almost everything/everyone else, but the difference is huge between these two portrayals. It feels like we really missed out a lot since her last solo.

Logan’s shadow line was the second time I found myself asking ‘what is this?’ but it’s good that the writer confirmed it was a bad line and it won’t be the theme, so I’ll give it another chance to see how Laura will be written in the next issues. But it indicates that the writer didn’t put much effort into Laura’s portrayal in the first issue. I hope it’s just because it was a Psylocke focused one and it was more important to establish her, but it’s a bit discouraging.

The art wasn’t good and it made it harder to read... There is a panel where Laura looks like a 10 years old girl… And the faces just look weird.

As for Psylocke, I like they’re establishing her as her own character, I’m looking forward to learn more about her.

I’m a bit surprised no one pointed out that it was kinda weird to see Psylocke, (who just learned about Apoth and that he took her daughter) first having to beg for an arrogant man who questioned her vision, then entertain another man with her anger and pain in order to get permission to investigate…

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, bc they are their own individual characters arent arent merely Emma at younger points in her life
    But Cable and WiFi are also two different individuals! So why don't they bring back Cable, too!? Because he had got precog abilities few years ago!?
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 11-14-2019 at 12:14 PM.

But Cable and WiFi are also two different individuals! So why don't they bring back Cable, too!? Because he had got precog abilities few years ago!?
    They arent. Within the books, he is considered the same character, just at a younger point in his life. Thats not the same thing as Emma and the Cuckoos whom share zero history. Kid Cable at least has the same exact history as the older one for the first 17 or so years of his life and what he may be experiencing now might be a part of older Cable's past that was mindwiped out of him, similarly to the timedisplaced O5

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They arent. Within the books, he is considered the same character, just at a younger point in his life. Thats not the same thing as Emma and the Cuckoos whom share zero history. Kid Cable at least has the same exact history as the older one for the first 17 or so years of his life and what he may be experiencing now might be a part of older Cable's past that was mindwiped out of him, similarly to the timedisplaced O5
    A person when he/she is a teenager and when he/she is an adult are two different person. So no... Cable =/= WiFi!

A person when he/she is a teenager and when he/she is an adult are two different person. So no... Cable =/= WiFi!
    They are same person, unless we get a time paradox that kid cable won't become adult cable

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They are same person, unless we get a time paradox that kid cable won't become adult cable
    Same person but not same behavior. The me at 29 isn't the me at 19. That's what I think the poster is getting at
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account