Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Reminds me of this exchange.

I dunno. This looks good, I'm just still aggressively against Superman being revealed as Kent to the public at large for the second time in five years, and also I'm pretty much done with stories about Clark growing up. Superman's supposed to be the World's Greatest Adventure Strip Hero, right? Not the World's Most Repeated Origin Story.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I highly doubt it. It's probably his attempt at humour.
    I am not talking about him. I am talking about lois and "you wish". She is his wife. Naturally, she would know ehm! his tastes and what he finds attractive.
    Anyways, i am just making a moutain out of a mole hill. Gotta say the ship sounds wierd and different. crack pairing of a dog person and cat person suddenly feels very interesting to me.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-07-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

Reminds me of this exchange.

I dunno. This looks good, I'm just still aggressively against Superman being revealed as Kent to the public at large for the second time in five years, and also I'm pretty much done with stories about Clark growing up. Superman's supposed to be the World's Greatest Adventure Strip Hero, right? Not the World's Most Repeated Origin Story.
    He does have the gold standard for origins, though. That's the big problem. It's classic, so when it's done right it's absolutely wonderful and no writer can resist their shot at it. I'm of the mind that we really should avoid the origin (I should say the same of the Waynes and Uncle Ben getting shot), but if a good one comes along, I won't snub it just because it's the origin. Likewise, I'm fine for flashback scenes if they're only a few pages at most.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am not talking about him. I am talking about lois and "you wish". She is his wife. Naturally, she would know ehm! his tastes and what he finds attractive.
    Anyways, i am just making a moutain out of a mole hill. Gotta say the ship sounds wierd and different. crack pairing of a dog person and cat person suddenly feels very interesting to me.
    She's also the most sarcastic woman on the planet. She's taking the joke and putting it in the ground. Couples play off each other in ways that make absolutely zero sense to anyone but them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He does have the gold standard for origins, though. That's the big problem. It's classic, so when it's done right it's absolutely wonderful and no writer can resist their shot at it. I'm of the mind that we really should avoid the origin (I should say the same of the Waynes and Uncle Ben getting shot), but if a good one comes along, I won't snub it just because it's the origin. Likewise, I'm fine for flashback scenes if they're only a few pages at most.
    Yeah. It's morphed into a classic coming of age story that can and should be adapted over and over again as the years progress. It's one that should grow with the character. It's archetypal in a way that few other superhero origins are.

She's also the most sarcastic woman on the planet. She's taking the joke and putting it in the ground. Couples play off each other in ways that make absolutely zero sense to anyone but them.
    Yup. She's sarcastic, witty and gives him a ton of lovable sh!t. And he loves it. Honestly that's my favorite part of her characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yup. She's sarcastic, witty and gives him a ton of lovable sh!t. And he loves it. Honestly that's my favorite part of her characterization.
    Well, how many people, much less regular mortal humans, talk smack to Superman's face like Lois friggin Lane does? When almost everyone you meet either halfway thinks you're god or is trying to destroy you down to your last atom, it must be refreshing as hell to talk to someone who treats you the same way she treats everyone else.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I love how, for some reason, Jonathan assumed Lana hit Clark .

Which heroes reactions do you guys think we will see in this issue?

Some are pretty obvious. I suspect we will see Batman and WonderWoman's for sure.

Some others I reckon we might see are - Harley Quinn? she might be in the villians issue but I think DC are trying really hard to make her a hero. Some of the Young Justice crew? Conner and Kara?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post

Some are pretty obvious. I suspect we will see Batman and WonderWoman's for sure.

Some others I reckon we might see are - Harley Quinn? she might be in the villians issue but I think DC are trying really hard to make her a hero. Some of the Young Justice crew? Conner and Kara?
    Heroes i want to react.
    Booster gold, plastic man, swamp thing, zatanna, green arrow, the question lately, the guardian, wally west and dick grayson, damian, hal jordan. Wonder woman and martian manhunter are a given.
    I know that ain't happening. I believe these are characters clark has been close to especially.

It's this. Clark's shown to have a sense of humor with respect to his buddy in Gotham.

Didn't he go to a costume party with Lois as Batman and Robin?
    Haha, Clark seems to have almost as many Bat suits as Super suits.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Haha, Clark seems to have almost as many Bat suits as Super suits.
    But the truth is clark kent is secretly the batman

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post

Honestly in either this or Action Comics would be great just to have the moment where Clark finally remembers Conner after he has come back and we get a nice moment between them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Heroes i want to react.
    Booster gold, plastic man, swamp thing, zatanna, green arrow, the question lately, the guardian, wally west and dick grayson, damian, hal jordan. Wonder woman and martian manhunter are a given.
    I know that ain't happening. I believe these are characters clark has been close to especially.
    I can tell you that Booster Gold will be in the book lol, Fraction spoiled what he’ll be doing in a podcast episode. It sounds hilarious I can’t wait to read it.

When I read Superman Year One, I could tell part 1 was like, technically good? It explored interesting themes, but at the same time, just ugh, I just couldn't get into it because I do not care about Clark growing up in Smallville again.

We've been getting new iterations on the origin like every two or three years since like 2003. I don't care how much of a classic it is, and I almost don't care whether it's a good or a poor retelling, I'm just flat out bored of it more often than not. A really quick flashback, that's another thing. Harder to get bored if it's only one or two pages.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

But the truth is clark kent is secretly the batman
    Best Batman ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I can tell you that Booster Gold will be in the book lol, Fraction spoiled what he’ll be doing in a podcast episode. It sounds hilarious I can’t wait to read it.
    Given what I have seen or heard about Jimmy Olsen I think I would honestly read a Matt Fraction Booster Gold series
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.