Page 67 of 135 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2012
    BANNED

Maybe one of Luke's sisters will be his Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Except you originally did not state Rebirth wasn't sustainable. Your original comment attempt to paint New 52 changes as unsustainable but once Rebirth was introduced as less successful, you stated the changes were hard to quantify.
    So by using your logic to claim it's hard to qualify how much of the changes impact says, it's impossible to state New 52 "newness" wasn't sustainable just like it's impossible to say Rebirth status quo was sustainable. Even Marvel's Fresh Start still hasn't changed marvel's market share too much. Marvel will occasionally have months where DC will release a book or event that gives them the edge for a few months or so, but ultimately Marvel either releases a book or new initiative that returns the scales. DC becomes competitive with New 52, Marvel releases Star Wars and ANAD.
    The way you worded this makes it sound like we don't actually disagree that much .
    Rebirth was far from reaching many demographics as possible. You only need to go to areas that focus more on new readers or diverse readers to see how those demographics were mostly turned off from Rebirth due to the primary focus to return to the Status Quo.
    But given it was as much of a return to the status quo as the New 52 was in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't seem like it should have been a factor, especially when the general demographics didn't seem to change that much and the character focus hardly at all.
    The previous roster didn't have to establish the foundation of the Justice League, hence why after a period of time, the justice league roster began to expand. And adding Cyborg as a founding member was initially huge. It's what allowed him to be showcase in the JL movie. For certain people, that may not seem like a big deal, but for others, it was major.
    Yeah, and it re-established the team with a basic, traditional, roster. "Back-to-basics."

Considering the JL movie bombed, I don't think it ended up being very major at all. Doom Patrol probably did more for Cyborg's rep then the Justice League movie did.
    I highly doubt that. One of the purposes of 5g was to increase diversity in major roles, hence Luke Fox as batman. As such, Cyborg founding status is irrelevant currently because of Rebirth push to the status quo, but I'm expecting the reverse to happen with 5g, and Cyborg JL status be a much stronger point similar to New52 once it comes.
    Cyborg might still be a JL but his founding status may seem even less relevant with the changes to the timeline and there being less of a need to make him the sole definitive attempt at DC diversity, unless they really age him up.
    So? You're trying to change the subject of what my original topic still makes the reply irrelevant. If the original topic was that New 52 was back to basic, and Wonder Woman Azzerallo arc was a clear indication of how New 52 wasn't back to basic, saying Wonder Woman's history reverted after that arc due to Rebirth doesn't change the fact that Wonder Woman's New 52 3 year history was anything but back to basic. Thus, the reply doesn't matter to the original point. Now you can attempt to make your own point, but that essentially just means you're talking to yourself if you can't stick with the original concept and the only one talking about this new point is yourself.
    I will concede that there different approaches with the New 52 mixed in with back-to-basics approaches...just like Rebirth.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Maybe one of Luke's sisters will be his Robin.
    Wouldn't they be more likely as Batgirl? That's canon in one timeline.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't think Batman needs to always drag a child into the field, especially considering he's done that to the point of parody (even in-universe). I think having a partner (a la Nightwing teaming up with Batman) in the field rather than a protege could work just as well if not better. DC doesn't need to build a new batfamily from scratch because Luke's Batman, he can have new original allies while sustaining previously established relationships.
    On that, I agree on.
    Last edited by Frostbite883; 12-18-2019 at 03:40 AM.

A possible timeskip might help widen the net for who these replacements could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have a feeling Tiffany will one day become Batgirl.

someone will eventually want to explore a black batgirl and her links to the Fox Family makes her the most sensible choice. We haven't seen much of her but I have always liked her when we have! If luke does get a sidekick I think she would be the most interesting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    someone will eventually want to explore a black batgirl and her links to the Fox Family makes her the most sensible choice. We haven't seen much of her but I have always liked her when we have! If luke does get a sidekick I think she would be the most interesting choice.
    Especially when we're getting a Gordon in the movies who is black.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Relaunching tec batman and action and only gaining 2% extra market share was a massive failure. Dc gained 2% share and marvel ended up losing 7% - image/ walking dead / saga took more off marvel than Dc did.
    Seeing as that 2% put them at among the highest marketshare they've ever had in a yearly basis. I'll have to agree to disagree.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Seeing as that 2% put them at among the highest marketshare they've ever had in a yearly basis. I'll have to agree to disagree.
    If all you are doing is flooding the market with Batman and Superman books and all you get is 2 percent-that is not good. Especially if you got Miles's Daddy over Superman and protecting Tim Drake and friends from Teen Titan event killers.

Marvel losing 7 percent and seeing who no longer is around or has a book-speaks volumes. For all those folks who yelled they could not enjoy a Marvel book with Moon Girl and certain others having their own-didn't show up to support Immortal Hulk or House of X in large numbers.

They got those "quality" books free of those nasty POC and still found excuses to not show up. Or in reality they were NEVER there in the first place but yelled the loudest.

For all this crying folks are not showing up to buy the books-at least in large numbers from the big two. An issue others are not having as just enough books are ordered to clear shelves.

One is pandering to trolls and the other is trying to attract those trolls for attention. Attention that they don't need if EGOS and AGENDAS towards certain characters would stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I have a feeling Tiffany will one day become Batgirl.

A bit redundant though, no?

Incredible Member

Luke and Duke for Batman and Robin... their names rhyme so, y'know, it's perfect!

Luuuuuuke and Duuuuuuke!
    Last edited by gregpersons; 12-18-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Future's End, yeah. Babs gave up the role but trained three new ones - Cassandra Cain (in her first New 52 appearance - she was reintroduced in proper continuity shortly after), Stephanie Brown, and Tiffany Fox.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Supposedly, these replacements are intended to be permanent.
    Of course they have to approach it that way, just in case it succeeds better than expected, but we also have to be prepared in the event that it gets reverted very quickly.

BANNED

Black Wonderwoman. Batwing as Batman. Unknown Flash female?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Of course they have to approach it that way, just in case it succeeds better than expected, but we also have to be prepared in the event that it gets reverted very quickly.
    That's the same way Marvel basically handled the ANAD mantle changes.

(Maybe they didn't really intend for them to be permanent, but the writers weren't treating them as temporary).

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Black Wonderwoman.
    Any guesses? I guessed "Naomi" a few pages ago, but was shot down really, really quickly by everyone else. XD
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!