Spectacular Member

Are Seth Rollin and the man married, or dating? Also how can one be a heel and one be a face how does that work?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Are Seth Rollin and the man married, or dating? Also how can one be a heel and one be a face how does that work?
    Its called tweener. Its a role where someone isn't quite a heel and isn't quite a face. They float that role.

Also its very sad about Gaspard. Just sad to hear on a beautiful family day this would happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    It's not THAT uncommon to have a wrestling couple where one is a heel and one is a face.

The Bellas were both heels when Cena and Bryan were top faces in the WWE. For the most part, their storylines never intersected so it wasn't an issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not THAT uncommon to have a wrestling couple where one is a heel and one is a face.

The Bellas were both heels when Cena and Bryan were top faces in the WWE. For the most part, their storylines never intersected so it wasn't an issue.
    Doesn't really matter now.

I really wish that Kushida vs Maverick had a crowd.

Astonishing Member

I mean could Drake win at this point? He went from "he's there to put people over and enhance his resume on his way out" to "he's now one of the favorites"

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I mean could Drake win at this point? He went from "he's there to put people over and enhance his resume on his way out" to "he's now one of the favorites"
    I definately think he COULD win. He's getting more air time and development than anyone else in the tournament by a mile. Doesn't gurantee that he'll win, but he's absolutely in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'm torn. I'd like to see this a story as he seems like a nice guy that's fairly decent at what he does. But at that same time "releasing" him as part of a storyline amid a wave of other people let go is a bit of a slap in the face to those that actually were released at that time.
    that's how i feel, i mean good for him but what about everybody else?? it's another "in very poor taste" move by the company. they want us to feel bad for drake yet they're the ones who put him in the situation in the 1st place.

drew gulak needs to cry on youtube, maybe he'll get that raise.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its called tweener. Its a role where someone isn't quite a heel and isn't quite a face. They float that role.

Also its very sad about Gaspard. Just sad to hear on a beautiful family day this would happen.
    if seth is a tweener they're doing a horrible job getting that across.

now WTF is charlotte?? last i was told she was a heel but she's fighting with other heels on both brands now??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-20-2020 at 11:38 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that's how i feel, i mean good for him but what about everybody else?? it's another "in very poor taste" move by the company. they want us to feel bad for drake yet they're the ones who put him in the situation in the 1st place.

drew gulak needs to cry on youtube, maybe he'll get that raise.

if seth is a tweener they're doing a horrible job getting that across.

now WTF is charlotte?? last i was told she was a heel but she's fighting with other heels on both brands now??
    Seth isn't a tweener, he's a creepy, cult leader heel from what I've seen of him. And he's been pretty excellent so far.

Charlotte on the other hand is.....whatever they need her to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Seth isn't a tweener, he's a creepy, cult leader heel from what I've seen of him. And he's been pretty excellent so far.

Charlotte on the other hand is.....whatever they need her to be.
    the messiah and whatever he's doing now is the best character work he's ever done in his career and i've always thought he was better off as a babyface. honestly i feel like the messiah thing still had a lot of mileage left and they moved to the next phase a little too soon.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    the messiah and whatever he's doing now is the best character work he's ever done in his career and i've always thought he was better off as a babyface. honestly i feel like the messiah thing still had a lot of mileage left and they moved to the next phase a little too soon.
    I feel the opposite. I don't believe Seth in this role and all of it feels incredibly forced. He doesn't handle a candle to when Punk did it. I feel his best role was being a tool of the authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I feel the opposite. I don't believe Seth in this role and all of it feels incredibly forced. He doesn't handle a candle to when Punk did it. I feel his best role was being a tool of the authority.
    Hes not as good as Punk, but thats a pretty high bar to meet.

I think the gimmick works well enough. More than anything I think it shows his ability to evolve. The Seth Rollins we get is never the same we got 3 years ago. He manages to keep it fresh while staying on top.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I agree that he doesn't hold a candle to Punk, but the Straight Edge Society actually had things they believe in. I don't know what Seth believes in other than Seth.

It would be nice, if they flew out the tenets of their faith.

I could see Drake ending up in a tag team with Atlas. NXT is desperate for face tag teams.
    Also Dexter Lumis has something. Someone asked Shawn and Hunter about who could be the modern DX, and I could definitely see something with Riddle,Dream and Dexter playing the Chyna role.

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure what they're doing with Rhea right now? She's coming across as a heel for many people from what I've observed. But I cannot tell if it's intentional or not though, that's the thing. Is she meant to sound heelish, or do they think they're doing the "brash cocky babyface" thing ala Becky with her?

If it's the latter, they might end up unintentionally making her feel more like Charlotte. Rhea really doesn't have a claim to a title shot, she picked a fight and tapped out clean. But she still butts into the title feud and might be given a title shot because, reasons. Which sounds A LOT like Charlotte.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm not sure what they're doing with Rhea right now? She's coming across as a heel for many people from what I've observed. But I cannot tell if it's intentional or not though, that's the thing. Is she meant to sound heelish, or do they think they're doing the "brash cocky babyface" thing ala Becky with her?

If it's the latter, they might end up unintentionally making her feel more like Charlotte. Rhea really doesn't have a claim to a title shot, she picked a fight and tapped out clean. But she still butts into the title feud and might be given a title shot because, reasons. Which sounds A LOT like Charlotte.
    She saved a heel Io from a beating. Io acted like she wanted the smoke instead. She obviously wants revenge on Charlotte. I don't see anything heel yet. If she talks disrespectful to a face then maybe.

Ripley doesn't come across as a heel to me either. And it's not often that I see Rollins get complimented as a face.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68