Page 348 of 581 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398448 ... LastLast
Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 8701
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Big Finish is doing a set of Rose Tyler adventures set during the time leading up to Stolen Earth/Journey’s End, also featuring Pete and Jackie and a parallel universe version of Clive, the alien investigator.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/bil...ses-rose-tyler

Sad they couldn’t get Noel involved to play Mickey since he’s active around this time, but otherwise it’s an interesting idea with a Rose who isn’t just fan girling after the Doctor but is a hero in her own right.
    The thing is, if it's set just before series four, that means she still has her fawning crush on The Doctor and it's bound to be brought up. Dissapointed that they can't seem to schedule Tennant with her so they can do some Rose/Metacrisis Doctor stories.

BANNED

New Year's special spoiler

Jodie now has a scarf!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    3)6) i wasn’t aware that witch hunts predated colonial america.
    Yep. I found that out years ago after watching Vincent Price in The Witchfinder General.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Looks like she's holding some sort of bright cube, like the Time Lord mail seen in War Games and The Doctor's wife. Trouble on Gallifrey perhaps? They are back in "our" universe after all, although stuck towards the end of the universe (Which of course the Master also used). I'm guessing she's looking over some evidence of a crime or something, judging by the markers and the human jaw there.

Makes me wonder if their old enemies have figured out where they are, and want to finish the job, perhaps leading into a hook for next season. Then again Chibnall's largely ignored the Time War stuff as far as I know.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    6) i wasn’t aware that witch hunts predated colonial america.
    I find this interesting. As when I was a young teen, I was surprised that the religious free America ever had witch hunts at all. Then I was reassured by the fact that only a few dozen or so people were killed for witchcraft. Where as in Europe, thousands were killed, with death penalties for witchcraft starting in the mid 1500's.

Fantastic Member

I don't get the people who are irritated by or sick of the storylines this season. The only reason they're seen as "politically correct" rather than just entertaining stories that happen to have a good message is because people are so overly sensitive about such things...and that is exactly why we need such stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I don't get the people who are irritated by or sick of the storylines this season. The only reason they're seen as "politically correct" rather than just entertaining stories that happen to have a good message is because people are so overly sensitive about such things...and that is exactly why we need such stories.
    If you can't see the agenda, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not opposed to any of these things or sensitive to them but it's blatantly there and not remotely subtle, especially in comparison to how RTD managed to be inclusive without sacrificing the bulk of the story in a bid to make an episode "relevant" to current year, when all that really does is date the episode.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The thing is, if it's set just before series four, that means she still has her fawning crush on The Doctor and it's bound to be brought up. Dissapointed that they can't seem to schedule Tennant with her so they can do some Rose/Metacrisis Doctor stories.
    True but she was also becoming less like a clinger on as she was for elements of Series 2 and more her own character, as seen in Turn Left especially. I don't mind her still being in love with the Doctor since that's a part of her character, but the way some fangirls were fixated on her and Ten to the point they refused to accept Martha or understand the need for things to move on put me off her for a fair while. I assume Rose and Ten-Two's relationship is cover in the two Short Trips stories with Jackie, though I haven't listened to them yet.

Out of interest, has anyone seen a Doctor Who actor in an unexpected place and being surprised? I was watching Captain America: The First Avenger today for what must have been the fifth or sixth time since it was released in 2011, and I was suddenly aware of the fact that there was Jenna Coleman playing one of Steve and Bucky's dates at the Stark EXPO and I had never noticed her before! Clearly this was about a year or so before Doctor Who raised her acting platform but it's still crazy I never noticed until now...

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I find this interesting. As when I was a young teen, I was surprised that the religious free America ever had witch hunts at all. Then I was reassured by the fact that only a few dozen or so people were killed for witchcraft. Where as in Europe, thousands were killed, with death penalties for witchcraft starting in the mid 1500's.
    Although it differed a great deal over Europe, for reasons that are often quite surprising.

For example, one European country that had relatively few witchcraft trials and executions during the 16th Century was.... Spain. Now, jurisdiction over witchcraft was in secular hands rather than the hands of the Spanish Inquisition. But the Spanish Inquisition itself was fairly sceptical about accusations of witchcraft anyway. In fact, the Spanish Inquisition was one of the first institutions to rule against the death penalty for witchcraft and insist upon proper proof (which given the absurdity of the accusations would by its nature be difficult to obtain). The witchcraft trials and executions were probably at their most intense in Germany, perhaps because of the huge political and religious turmoil there was in the German territories in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.

There weren't that many witchcraft executions in England, comparatively speaking (although there were in Scotland). The most intense period was during the Civil War - again perhaps because of the enormous unrest.

BANNED

True but she was also becoming less like a clinger on as she was for elements of Series 2 and more her own character, as seen in Turn Left especially. I don't mind her still being in love with the Doctor since that's a part of her character, but the way some fangirls were fixated on her and Ten to the point they refused to accept Martha or understand the need for things to move on put me off her for a fair while
    Well, that was part of Martha's character arc...that she was having to grin and bear it while The Doctor constantly compared her to Rose and made it clear she was no substitute. The fangirls reacted the way they did because the lead character was conveying to them through his on-screen actions it was OK. Martha's journey culminated in her taking the hint and realising her feelings were not being reciprocated, and left on her own terms having proven her worth to both The Doctor and herself.

True but she was also becoming less like a clinger on as she was for elements of Series 2 and more her own character, as seen in Turn Left especially. I don't mind her still being in love with the Doctor since that's a part of her character, but the way some fangirls were fixated on her and Ten to the point they refused to accept Martha or understand the need for things to move on put me off her for a fair while. I assume Rose and Ten-Two's relationship is cover in the two Short Trips stories with Jackie, though I haven't listened to them yet.

Out of interest, has anyone seen a Doctor Who actor in an unexpected place and being surprised? I was watching Captain America: The First Avenger today for what must have been the fifth or sixth time since it was released in 2011, and I was suddenly aware of the fact that there was Jenna Coleman playing one of Steve and Bucky's dates at the Stark EXPO and I had never noticed her before! Clearly this was about a year or so before Doctor Who raised her acting platform but it's still crazy I never noticed until now...

Sort of the reverse for me; while looking up Felicity Jones around the time of Rogue One I found out she had a fairly small role in The Unicorn and The Wasp. Speaking of Star Wars, Tomsin Cole was one of the X-wing pilots in THE FORCE AWAKENS. Didn't know that until recently.

Also Bradley Walsh (Graham) was in the Sarah Jane Adventures as the Clown/Pied Piper

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Pied_Piper

BANNED

...Whoops, looks like Big Finish didn't even ask Noel Clarke to come back for the Rose Tyler audios and he feels disrespected

https://twitter.com/NoelClarke/statu...94222678671361

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

That’s strange given that he was doing several audios with Big Finish some years back, though none as Mickey. I wonder if there’s a specific reason or if Noel’s agent simply hasn’t been sending offers for Big Finish his way...

That’s strange given that he was doing several audios with Big Finish some years back, though none as Mickey. I wonder if there’s a specific reason or if Noel’s agent simply hasn’t been sending offers for Big Finish his way...
    Well, aside from the fact that mickey is back on our earth, and married to martha now, what’s noel clarke doing these days?