Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Thoughts about replacing the current Justice League (5G,YJ..)

Hello,

I must say I like the idea of replacing the current Justice League, but I dont know what to think about what I heard WHO will replace them.

I think replacing could work, BUT!

1. I always thougt that there should be 2 Teams, because so many young Heroes are there and almost every Justice League member has at least 2 replacements.
    Team A Damians Generation (who I think should take over the Code-Names of the current Justice League)
    Team B Tims Generation (who I think should take Code-Names who stands for themselves)

2. Team members:
    a) strict line between generations: this is especially for Raven etc. but also for Aqualad...who I think should stay with their generations (I know that Starfire, Beast Boy.. were also members of Nightwings Team, but I think they also match into Tims Team since they were also a part of his Team)
    c) Best of of the Generation (which also includes Superboy and the Ravers, Young Justice, Teen Titans...)

3. Good Idea/Storyline for the replacement..
    I always thougt that it would be nice to also have a kind of argument between the Justice League members as the replacement happens.
    Like for example Wally votes for Bart, while Barry votes for Wallace West....

I hoped for:

Tims Generation:

Inner Circle:
    Tim as Red Robin
    Conner as Flamebird
    Bart as Impulse or new Code-Name
    Cassie as Wonder Lady (or another Code-Name)

close to them
    Raven
    Miss Martian
    Blue Beetle
    Traci13 (or Zachary)
    Static (or Sparx)

members with ocasional appearance:
    Red Devil
    Dolphin
    Jade or Jessica Cruz as Green Lantern

Damians Generation:

Inner Circle:
    Damian as Batman
    Wallace West as Flash
    Jonathan Kent as Superman
    Jackson Hyde as Aqualad

close to them:
    Amazon or possible daughter of Diana as Wonder Woman
    Keli (from Teen Lantern to Green Lantern) she fits more into this team

These would be 2 nice teams with interesting members...
    Last edited by Masterff; 01-16-2020 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,

I must say I like the idea of replacing the current Justice League, but I dont know what to think about what I heard WHO will replace them.

I think replacing could work, BUT!

1. I always thougt that there should be 2 Teams, because so many young Heroes are there and almost every Justice League member has at least 2 replacements.
    Team A Damians Generation (who I think should take over the Code-Names of the current Justice League)
    Team B Tims Generation (who I think should take Code-Names who stands for themselves)

2. Team members:
    a) strict line between generations: this is especially for Raven etc. but also for Aqualad...who I think should stay with their generations (I know that Starfire, Beast Boy.. were also members of Nightwings Team, but I think they also match into Tims Team since they were also a part of his Team)
    c) Best of of the Generation (which also includes Superboy and the Ravers, Young Justice, Teen Titans...)

3. Good Idea/Storyline for the replacement..
    I always thougt that it would be nice to also have a kind of argument between the Justice League members as the replacement happens.
    Like for example Wally votes for Bart, while Barry votes for Wallace West....

I hoped for:

Tims Generation:

Inner Circle:
    Tim as Red Robin
    Conner as Flamebird
    Bart as Impulse or new Code-Name
    Cassie as Wonder Lady (or another Code-Name)

close to them
    Raven
    Miss Martian
    Blue Beetle
    Traci13 (or Zachary)
    Static (or Sparx)

members with ocasional appearance:
    Red Devil
    Dolphin

Damians Generation:

Inner Circle:
    Damian as Batman
    Wallace West as Flash
    Jonathan Kent as Superman
    Jackson Hyde as Aqualad

close to them:
    Amazon or possible daughter of Diana as Wonder Woman

These would be 2 nice teams with interesting members...
    You're not wrong, and before news of 5G dropped, people had speculated that down the line sometime, that an Elseworlds or something like Batman Beyond with a future Justice League with similar line-ups. But 5G was declared to be characters, aside from Jon, to not be the "usual suspects".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You're not wrong, and before news of 5G dropped, people had speculated that down the line sometime, that an Elseworlds or something like Batman Beyond with a future Justice League with similar line-ups. But 5G was declared to be characters, aside from Jon, to not be the "usual suspects".
    It ISNT only a speculation:
    If you read the Johns Teen Titans (Pre-Flashpoint) Series, than you know that there is a future in which
    Tim is Batman, Conner is Superman, Bart is Flash, Cassie is Wonder Woman.....together with Raven,Beast Boy,Red Devil,Miss Martian....
    I really liked this Version of the Team (In this Version they were evil, but I like the Line-Up and I would like to see them as one Version of a future JL)..

Diana maybe also gets an "usual suspect" as her follower...

For me it is only logical to have at least 2 future JL Teams given the amount of young Heroes who could follow in their footsteps....

In current continuity, there are three active Flashes. Two of them are on Justice League teams (Barry on the core Justice League and Avery on Justice League of China, the team from the now cancelled New Super-Man title). The third, Wally, doesn't currently have a team, was most recently a Titan, but was a Leaguer when Barry was dead in the 90s and 2000s. Green Lantern is also a shared name obviously, with two JLs (the core one and Odyssey) having one. I see no reason why there wouldn't be more shared codenames in the future.

So a Justice League team could include Jon Kent as Superman, while another would have Conner Kent, also as Superman (those two currently share the Superboy mantle). Donna and Cassie could both be Wonder Woman, though Donna does have the Troia name she could use instead, and Doomsday Clock showed us a new black Wonder Woman who, presumably, never was Wonder Girl. Luke Fox is supposed to become Batman, but why can't Tim or Damian also take that mantle? Batman Inc was a thing once, after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    In current continuity, there are three active Flashes. Two of them are on Justice League teams (Barry on the core Justice League and Avery on Justice League of China, the team from the now cancelled New Super-Man title). The third, Wally, doesn't currently have a team, was most recently a Titan, but was a Leaguer when Barry was dead in the 90s and 2000s. Green Lantern is also a shared name obviously, with two JLs (the core one and Odyssey) having one. I see no reason why there wouldn't be more shared codenames in the future.

So a Justice League team could include Jon Kent as Superman, while another would have Conner Kent, also as Superman (those two currently share the Superboy mantle). Donna and Cassie could both be Wonder Woman, though Donna does have the Troia name she could use instead, and Doomsday Clock showed us a new black Wonder Woman who, presumably, never was Wonder Girl. Luke Fox is supposed to become Batman, but why can't Tim or Damian also take that mantle? Batman Inc was a thing once, after all.
    As far as I understood the Idea of 5G is that EVERYTHING happend and that the people will be AGED UP.

FLASH:
    This means that BART ALLEN was also for some time the Flash AND!! with the 5G aging up he and Wallace will be in the perfect age for being the Flash.

WONDER WOMAN:
    ARTEMIS was also once Wonder Woman and she is still around with Red Hood and Bizarro.
    DONNA would be possible, BUT! I am not a fan of it, because like I said, I am not a fan of mixing the Generations and for Tims Team CASSIE should be fix.
    The new Wonder Woman could be interesting if they make her as old as Damian,Jonathan,Jackson.....

SHARED CODENAMES:
    There are shared Codenames, BUT the ONLY shared Codename so far is "Green Lantern".
    Conner and Jonathan use both Superboy, but they were never on the same planet, timeline until now.

I prefer the idea of Tim,Conner,Cassie,Bart.... taking over OWN Codenames as sign of Individuality and protest.

CONCLUSION:
    Like I said I would keep the Generations seperated...
    Tims Generation has a member for every position and it is only logical that Tim is together with Cassie,Bart and Conner who he trust most, because they were together in YJ and TT and are like a family...

I am not a fan of sharing Codenames...I prefer the Idea of Damians Generation being chosen to take over the roles of Superman,Flash,Batman,Wonder Woman..... and Tims Generation because of it take over new Codenames and form a team on their own as sign of protest,Independency etc.

BANNED

I don’t think every hero is getting replaced I could be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Every hero isn't getting replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    As far as I understood the Idea of 5G is that EVERYTHING happend and that the people will be AGED UP.

FLASH:
    This means that BART ALLEN was also for some time the Flash AND!! with the 5G aging up he and Wallace will be in the perfect age for being the Flash.

WONDER WOMAN:
    ARTEMIS was also once Wonder Woman and she is still around with Red Hood and Bizarro.
    DONNA would be possible, BUT! I am not a fan of it, because like I said, I am not a fan of mixing the Generations and for Tims Team CASSIE should be fix.
    The new Wonder Woman could be interesting if they make her as old as Damian,Jonathan,Jackson.....

SHARED CODENAMES:
    There are shared Codenames, BUT the ONLY shared Codename so far is "Green Lantern".
    Conner and Jonathan use both Superboy, but they were never on the same planet, timeline until now.

I prefer the idea of Tim,Conner,Cassie,Bart.... taking over OWN Codenames as sign of Individuality and protest.

CONCLUSION:
    Like I said I would keep the Generations seperated...
    Tims Generation has a member for every position and it is only logical that Tim is together with Cassie,Bart and Conner who he trust most, because they were together in YJ and TT and are like a family...

I am not a fan of sharing Codenames...I prefer the Idea of Damians Generation being chosen to take over the roles of Superman,Flash,Batman,Wonder Woman..... and Tims Generation because of it take over new Codenames and form a team on their own as sign of protest,Independency etc.
    That's not what 5G is . 5G is simply the fifth generation the generation following Damian's that's it. DC said most thing's happened but DC isn't confirmed to impact the timeline. Synder is ignoring it and most of the events shaping the DCU are spinning out from him
    Stuff like Identity crisis didn't happen.

since we are just speculation here I guess we could have the TOT but an evil JL isn't going to last long and I don't like the notion of grown men and women fighting over some petty nonsense from their past. They work it out and move on. This is the JL not TT.

Not sure why you want to make Tim's generation appear so petty especially since they are made of characters who would be fine not taking up their mentor's mantle.

I have a hard time seeing Tim or Conner getting upset because they aren't the new Bat/superman. That seems like a Damian thing not Tim.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-16-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

The only replacements confirmed are Jon and Batwing. Going by Doomsday Clock the next Wonder Woman is Nubia.

Owen Mercer is allegedly the next Flash (personally, I don't believe this rumor)and signs point to Aqualad(Jackson Hyde)taking over for Aquaman.

There have been no rumors or info about what happens to YJ, TT and Titans when 5G happens.

BANNED

The idea doesn't interest me, and I don't think it's a good creative idea. However, I'm generally pretty indifferent beyond that. The Justice League hasn't done anything good for well over a decade... maybe even 2. And I'm not invested in any of the singular heroes' stories currently.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The only replacements confirmed are Jon and Batwing. Going by Doomsday Clock the next Wonder Woman is Nubia.

Owen Mercer is allegedly the next Flash (personally, I don't believe this rumor)and signs point to Aqualad(Jackson Hyde)taking over for Aquaman.

There have been no rumors or info about what happens to YJ, TT and Titans when 5G happens.
    Francis Manapaul has stated he’s probably going to use his plans for Aquaman Earth One in 5G. Which I’d honestly assume that means Arthur is sticking around as Aquaman. But I guess it could also mean his plans could get shifted to another character.

With Aquaman 56 and the idea of “what we do” getting in the way of children it’s possible he retires like in Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Yeah. It'd definitely be too soon for Dick Grayson to be replaced as Nightwing, as he'll have only just come back to the role (he just got his memory back, but can't tell which memories are fake and which are real - once he sorts that out, he'll be back, which should be just as 5G hits Batman). And quite frankly, Green Lantern has enough characters already. If they're changing focus from Hal, I'd give the spotlight to Jessica.

I wonder, in cases like Batman, would the fifth gen hero even be taking over all of their books? Maybe Luke only takes over Batman, and Bruce still stars in Detective. Same goes for the Super books. Jon in Superman, Clark in Action?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think the most likely outcome is that the main justice league members will age to JSA age(so like 60’s) except for maybe Hawkgirl since she can reincarnate and thus her current version doesn’t have the age the others do. Beyond that I expect a few teenage characters to age up to young adult status and then a few new characters will probably pop up having been kids before any time shenanigans occurred. Other then that I don’t know what to expect.

G'nort
    Beefeater
    Dumb Bunny
    Ambush Bug
    Heckler
    Insect Queen
    Triumph
    Chunk
    Danny Chase

(everything else sounds better now. )
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Francis Manapaul has stated he’s probably going to use his plans for Aquaman Earth One in 5G. Which I’d honestly assume that means Arthur is sticking around as Aquaman. But I guess it could also mean his plans could get shifted to another character.

With Aquaman 56 and the idea of “what we do” getting in the way of children it’s possible he retires like in Young Justice
    Ahh I hope the plans do get put on hold. Jackson/Kaldur was the one replacement that I was looking forward to.

After 5G they can then do whatever they have planed for Arthur
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-16-2020 at 08:23 PM.