Page 58 of 661 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158558 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She flipped away to gain some distance between them. Okay. What can I do next? Because I am NOT losing! Think!

I got it!

She charged again at full speed, both fists clenched tightly and poised to smash him in the face. Yet, when she crossed two-thirds of the distance between them, she ducked down and slid across the icy cold ground.

As she had been running, her tail had been coiling around itself like a furry spring. Just when it seemed like she was going to slide between his legs again, her tail uncoiled, launching her into the air. Her foot shot up toward his chin.
    Jack tilted his head forward so that Sarada's kick impacted the side of his forehead sliding off and somewhat lessening the power of the blow.

She really likes too go all out with every hit. Lot of power, but she's overextending herself.. Jack wrapped his arms and right leg around her outstretched limb let both combatants fall to the ground in a classic leg lock.

" Joker's Joint-Lock!"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack tilted his head forward so that Sarada's kick impacted the side of his forehead sliding off and somewhat lessening the power of the blow.

She really likes too go all out with every hit. Lot of power, but she's overextending herself.. Jack wrapped his arms and right leg around her outstretched limb let both combatants fall to the ground in a classic leg lock.

" Joker's Joint-Lock!"
    Again, her overzealous offense cost her as she fell another trap, this one a joint lock. She was able to escape the first by biting his hand. She was reasonably certain that he was going to be on guard for if she tried that again.

He was good. He was really good.

His hands were too far away for her to try to bite him again; but then, she didn't need to.

She grabbed hold of his right leg and pulled up on it to try and get it out of position. Her tail slithered up her and started to coil up again behind her back.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Again, her overzealous offense cost her as she fell another trap, this one a joint lock. She was able to escape the first by biting his hand. She was reasonably certain that he was going to be on guard for if she tried that again.

He was good. He was really good.

His hands were too far away for her to try to bite him again; but then, she didn't need to.

She grabbed hold of his right leg and pulled up on it to try and get it out of position. Her tail slithered up her and started to coil up again behind her back.
    Jack could feel Sarada start to weasel her way out of his grip as she grabbed a hold of his leg. He was not sure of exactly what she was planning, but she had shown quite a bit of inventiveness in getting out of stick situations. Also his hand still had tooth marks in it. Looks like its time to use *that* technique...I've been keeping it in my back pocket....

Jack released one hand from Sarada's leg and reached towards his coat pocket, "Now, prepare for...The Icy Sting....OF DEATH!" Jack roared before pelting Sarada in the face with a snowball he had been keeping in his coat pocket since he grabbed it early in the fight.

Assuming it distracted her long enough Jack would reposition the lock so that Sarada was now flat on her stomach.

Jack could feel Sarada start to weasel her way out of his grip as she grabbed a hold of his leg. He was not sure of exactly what she was planning, but she had shown quite a bit of inventiveness in getting out of stick situations. Also his hand still had tooth marks in it. Looks like its time to use *that* technique...I've been keeping it in my back pocket....

Jack released one hand from Sarada's leg and reached towards his coat pocket, "Now, prepare for...The Icy Sting....OF DEATH!" Jack roared before pelting Sarada in the face with a snowball he had been keeping in his coat pocket since he grabbed it early in the fight.

Assuming it distracted her long enough Jack would reposition the lock so that Sarada was now flat on her stomach.
    "Nani?!"

Sarada tensed when Jack roared out his next attack. Preparing for the absolute worst, she was completely unprepared to be pelted in the face by a balled up wad of snow.

A cold chill shot through her body, completely paralyzing her limbs, and leaving her vulnerable to whatever Jack wanted. She was flipped onto her stomach, eliminating any hope she had of escaping the hold.

NO!

She was a Saiyan! She would never surrender, even if it killed her. This being a friendly spar made no difference.

She scratched and clawed at the ground in a futile attempt to escape, to no avail. She was trapped. On her stomach, there was precious little she could do to fight back.

"Hm?" She looked at her fingers and noticed that she had scooped up a clump of snow. Unseen to Jack, a devious grin crossed her lips.

She furiously gathered up more snow and balled it up just like Jack had. Using her tail like a catapult, she whipped the snowball at Jack's face.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Nani?!"

Sarada tensed when Jack roared out his next attack. Preparing for the absolute worst, she was completely unprepared to be pelted in the face by a balled up wad of snow.

A cold chill shot through her body, completely paralyzing her limbs, and leaving her vulnerable to whatever Jack wanted. She was flipped onto her stomach, eliminating any hope she had of escaping the hold.

NO!

She was a Saiyan! She would never surrender, even if it killed her. This being a friendly spar made no difference.

She scratched and clawed at the ground in a futile attempt to escape, to no avail. She was trapped. On her stomach, there was precious little she could do to fight back.

"Hm?" She looked at her fingers and noticed that she had scooped up a clump of snow. Unseen to Jack, a devious grin crossed her lips.

She furiously gathered up more snow and balled it up just like Jack had. Using her tail like a catapult, she whipped the snowball at Jack's face.
    In pure reaction, Jack released Sarada in order to wipe the snow out of his eyes.

Realizing his mistake a second to late, Jack flipped backwards thirty feet, hoping to land out of range of any immediate followup the Sarada's use of the Deadly Snowball Maneuver. Patent Pending. Crap, every time I think I got her down she seems to find some way out of it. I'm starting to run out of tricks.

"Shoot, you learned my technique, that was supposed to be my ace in the hole," Jack dropped down into a defensive stance again, though if Sarada was paying attention she would notice a few subtle differences in how his hands were positioned, "Got to admit, girl, I'm starting to run empty here." Only one last trick up my sleeve, time to go all in.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....." Etrina blinked, then let out a chuckle. "Risked her life you say? I doubt that thought even came to her mind this entire time....but I'm sure she would accept your praise, as long as it included something to eat."

"Oh, I've learned a great many things from Erosa......what a complete lack of manners looks like, what a natural disaster sounds like...Oh, and my personal favorite.....how much steak can fit into a familiars mouth, which she then proceeds to exceed...by breaking her own jaw...on purpose." Etrina mutters the last part, clearly forcing away a sudden wave of nausea. "Despite all that however.....she certainly has her moments. I just wish she'd learn how to eat with a fork if nothing else."
    Asha'rah could not help but chuckle. Etrina had obviously had a long-suffering relationship with Erosa, trying to keep her familiar's base urges pointed in the right direction. Erosa certainly sounded like a handful, more akin to an unruly pet than a personal assistant.

Etrina gripped the urn harder, despite the lack of hostility presented by the girl.

".....I'm sorry....you'll have to provide me with more then a offer of words and a pleasant tone for me to hand this over. How do I know your not under his power hmm? An accomplice in the guise of a child? Offer a free show then cart off the urn and start this mess somewhere else. Better safe then sorry you understand. Could you explain yourself a bit more....?"
    Etrina's caution was wise. The child speaking to them was obviously not herself, and while Asha'rah sensed a different presence within her than the malignant miasma of the mage in the urn, that revealed nothing of the being's intentions. If the being wanted to show up out of the blue and claim custody of such a dangerous prisoner, it should have to show more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The young girl nods.

"Of course, Asha'rah. I would never harm an innocent, much less a child."
    "Of course, Etrina."

Power, immense but not evil or foul, seemed to surround the girl. As this happens, the faint overlayed image of another female (Kami) can be seen around the young girl. There is no ill intent in her power.

"My name is Kami, and I am Earth's Guardian. It was I that helped you all gather here to stop the Vitalmancer. I have need of your assistance further."
    A woman's image manifested over the girl, and she declared herself to be Kami. It was a tall claim, but the happenings in this city - the release of the city-draining mage, the seemingly fortuitous gathering of outsiders capable of combating him at the opportune time - lent her plausibility.

"What do you ask of us, young one?"

Young one? Asha'rah chided herself. She must have been still focused on the form of the possessed young girl. That must have been it.

Once the temporary lull came into things as the group resigned themselves to their fates, some more unwillingly then others an uneasy calm settled in for the moment. After the clash with Ochazuke and Koorimaru the two's tenseness towards the each other was more then obvious. Once more she was reminded of besides Totoma, how very little she knew of these people, who they really were, their desires or motives. She didn't trust anyone fully besides Totoma here, not really. Even Kami was still regarded with a healthy dose of skepticism; her main reason for following was the protection of her loved ones.

She was mixed about making a wish, more out of cultural taboo then anything else. Bringing the dead back to life always came with a nasty cost in the old stories and legends as far as old magic went. You may have been able to bring them back, but the creature or thing you did bring back to this mortal coil was something else wearing your loved ones face. Of course those had just been at the time stories but with this new knowledge she had to wonder what else in legends were true?

And considering this Kami character hasn't seem to done research of the people involved in depth before this gathering, I'm not exactly inspired with confidence. At least she seems to mean well. If nothing else, Karine knew she had her share of faults and stumbling along so until she really knew them she had to withhold judgement.

Another thing she was reminded of but seemed to have at least partially forgotten was the mask everyone wore. This was a lesson everyone who hadn't lived under a rock and wasn't completely socially indept learned. In her case it had been more then a coming of wisdom but a necessity when her family had less then nothing to their name and only a few to trust. The person who smiled and showed their teeth could be the cruel one. Someone who appeared grumpy and overall rough around the edges could be the most dependbale and loyal people you could meet.

In some respects, she supposed she had gotten soft since the harsh streets seemed such a long time ago. But was it a bad thing? She didn't think so. Like with pretty much all things with life, the proper thing was finding a balance.

Karine just had to keep her father's words in mind: 'Everyone can play the saint when they're comfortable, displease them and its harder to find the uglier aspects of their personality.'

"Once Totoma has gathered his things, I shall set you upon the path as best I can. My power to get you all to Capital City is insufficient now, too much used manifesting here. However, I can get you all close."
    Karine seemed to be thinking of something, of what was unknown before speaking up once again. "I have an question. If you had to make an educated guess of how powerful this enemy is going by the number system on scouters, what would you give this opponent?"
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 01-18-2018 at 11:15 PM.

"Oh, I've learned a great many things from Erosa......what a complete lack of manners looks like, what a natural disaster sounds like...Oh, and my personal favorite.....how much steak can fit into a familiars mouth, which she then proceeds to exceed...by breaking her own jaw...on purpose." Etrina mutters the last part, clearly forcing away a sudden wave of nausea. "Despite all that however.....she certainly has her moments. I just wish she'd learn how to eat with a fork if nothing else."
    Ishtar smiled softly. "Your measured approach to life is offset by her chaotic existence; it's rather beautiful really. Someday soon I hope to learn of how you found her, and I suspect, how she found you." The Android approached her then, and Ishtar nodded in greeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The Horned One, She of Many Headbutts, approached to join the conversation. Asha'rah turned to greet her.

"I have no memory of seeing one such as yourself until today, yet I recognize your kind, Oni. I am Asha'rah, and it was an honor to fight alongside such a stalwart soul. May I know your name?"
    Asha.

The word lit a flame in Ishtar's belly, and for the longest time the Oni merely stared and blinked at Asha'rah. Only two- she had been told- lived, knowing of what it meant. Not what the word meant, no. The possibilities were few, but the difference between each was as night and day. The Truth. Righteousness. Existence. What did this mean, and what did it mean to the android ? When finally, she pulled herself from her contemplation she looked at Asha'rah then, really looked at her. She bore the scars of time, and she resembled nothing similar to the things Ishtar herself had been familiarized with on Earth. What was she, then. Another lesson, from her former teacher ?

Perhaps. Perhaps.

Ignoring the fact that her named had been asked for, Ishtar locked eyes- or rather focused on where the eyes should have been- with Asha'rah.

"Your name, how did you come by it ? Are you familiar with it's meaning ? What meaning does it have to you ? Do you know the Truth ?"

One question could not suffice.

Dusk City:

As people start getting going, an odd sense descends and the group sees the young girl they rescued earlier, who had been rendered unconscious in Mrs. Duck's house, come into the pit. She walls over to the urn and gestures for it. When she speaks, an older women's voice speaks from her mouth and a powerful aura, non threatening, emits from here.

[I]"The Vitalmancer's urn. I can reseal it, and then I would have words with you all if I may."
    "Of course, Etrina."
    Power, immense but not evil or foul, seemed to surround the girl. As this happens, the faint overlayed image of another female (Kami) can be seen around the young girl. There is no ill intent in her power.
    "My name is Kami, and I am Earth's Guardian. It was I that helped you all gather here to stop the Vitalmancer. I have need of your assistance further."
    Such a strange day this had turned into. Ishtar turned to address the girl, and the woman who possessed her.

"Kami ? The matter must be of singular importance if you are both possessing a child to speak with us, after altering our timelines so severely ... I assume it is not a matter you can handle yourself?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

In pure reaction, Jack released Sarada in order to wipe the snow out of his eyes.

Realizing his mistake a second to late, Jack flipped backwards thirty feet, hoping to land out of range of any immediate followup the Sarada's use of the Deadly Snowball Maneuver. Patent Pending. Crap, every time I think I got her down she seems to find some way out of it. I'm starting to run out of tricks.

"Shoot, you learned my technique, that was supposed to be my ace in the hole," Jack dropped down into a defensive stance again, though if Sarada was paying attention she would notice a few subtle differences in how his hands were positioned, "Got to admit, girl, I'm starting to run empty here." Only one last trick up my sleeve, time to go all in.
    Once released, Sarada scampered away to safety. She dared to take a moment to stretch her leg out to sooth the pulsating pain radiating around her knee.

"We Saiyans adapt quickly," she replied with a shrug.

The fight continued, but she had run out of ideas. There were only so many things she could do with her tail that he wouldn't see coming beforehand.

She dropped into the defensive stance of Saiyan-Do, and inched toward him cautiously. Her eyes narrowed; she noticed something different about how he was holding his hands. She didn't know what he was planning, but after being caught twice, she was reluctant to be overzealous with her offense.

"Well, come on then. I know that's not all you got, Earthian."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Once released, Sarada scampered away to safety. She dared to take a moment to stretch her leg out to sooth the pulsating pain radiating around her knee.

"We Saiyans adapt quickly," she replied with a shrug.

The fight continued, but she had run out of ideas. There were only so many things she could do with her tail that he wouldn't see coming beforehand.

She dropped into the defensive stance of Saiyan-Do, and inched toward him cautiously. Her eyes narrowed; she noticed something different about how he was holding his hands. She didn't know what he was planning, but after being caught twice, she was reluctant to be overzealous with her offense.

"Well, come on then. I know that's not all you got, Earthian."
    ...She didn't think I was being serious about the snowball right?...Can't tell if she's joking...or...

Jack breathed in and out slowly, running everything he had seen Sarada do in this fight slowly through his mind. Likes to strike hard. Watch out for the tail. Impulsive, but adaptive as well. Her grapple game are a bit weaker, but she strikes quicker, and from unexpected angles.

Jack waited solid thirty seconds, before launching in a headlong rush at Sarada. He dropped his fist low, telegraphing that he was going for a full powered haymaker.

The trick was, that actually was what Jack was going for as he swung straight for Sarada's nose.

...She didn't think I was being serious about the snowball right?...Can't tell if she's joking...or...

Jack breathed in and out slowly, running everything he had seen Sarada do in this fight slowly through his mind. Likes to strike hard. Watch out for the tail. Impulsive, but adaptive as well. Her grapple game are a bit weaker, but she strikes quicker, and from unexpected angles.

Jack waited solid thirty seconds, before launching in a headlong rush at Sarada. He dropped his fist low, telegraphing that he was going for a full powered haymaker.

The trick was, that actually was what Jack was going for as he swung straight for Sarada's nose.
    Perhaps she was too ingenious for her own good.

Perhaps she replied too much in misdirection that she suspected that every attack henceforth was a feint hiding some ulterior attack poised to take advantage of her misguided guard.

Perhaps she was too cautious.

Whatever the case was, she watch Jack through his charge in full expectation that he was going to shift gears at the last moment, just as she had several times.

He didn't.

It wasn't until his fist crossed the point of no return that she realized that his seemingly straightforward attack was exactly that, a straightforward attack. By that point, it was too late.

The blow struck its target true just moments before her hands could get into position to block. She was sent flying back several yards and landed on her back in the snow.

She appeared to be out cold.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Perhaps she was too ingenious for her own good.

Perhaps she replied too much in misdirection that she suspected that every attack henceforth was a feint hiding some ulterior attack poised to take advantage of her misguided guard.

Perhaps she was too cautious.

Whatever the case was, she watch Jack through his charge in full expectation that he was going to shift gears at the last moment, just as she had several times.

He didn't.

It wasn't until his fist crossed the point of no return that she realized that his seemingly straightforward attack was exactly that, a straightforward attack. By that point, it was too late.

The blow struck its target true just moments before her hands could get into position to block. She was sent flying back several yards and landed on her back in the snow.

She appeared to be out cold.
    Is that it? Did I win? Should I double tap? No, no I don't do that anymore.

"You better not be playing possum on me Space Girl...Sarada?" Jack called out, "You okay?...Aw crap."

Jack hurried over and knelt down to check on Jack, like a sucker.

Is that it? Did I win? Should I double tap? No, no I don't do that anymore.

"You better not be playing possum on me Space Girl...Sarada?" Jack called out, "You okay?...Aw crap."

Jack hurried over and knelt down to check on Jack, like a sucker.
    Other than the occasional twitch, Sarada didn't move as Jack made his approach to inquire of her well-being. Even when he stopped and kneeled down beside her, she was motionless.

The key to playing possum was to draw the prey in, lulling them into a false sense of security until they crossed the point of no return. At that point, she struck.

Once Jack kneeled down, she sprung, lunging upward and wrapped her bicep around his throat into a guillotine chokehold. Her legs wrapped around his waist and her tail around one of his arms to keep him caught in her clutches.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    Understanding that the softness of her words were for his ears only, Koorimaru felt the skeleton of a frown colour his features. Would he have preferred the dragonball in Jack's possession? Perhaps it was more accurate to state that he'd prefer it out of Ochazuke's hands. While it was unlikely that Ochazuke would make any attempts on the dragonball's destruction again (and it would be even less likely that any such attempt would succeed), he could not be so certain that whatever misguided conviction had convinced him to destroy the dragonball with so little forethought would not rear its head again should the old Kami's grasp come too close for comfort.

He might have, at any other time pushed against Kami's decision with more certainty.... if not for the fact that he had been pulled in to Ochazuke's foolishness as well. Like as not, despite her calm demeanour, he had proven no less stable than the Earthman. With what was at stake for him, perhaps that wasn't entirely untrue. But any room he had for bargaining had grown slimmer with his prior transgression, and he stood to gain more by graciously conceding to her decisions than to resist them.

"The reasons you've provided are certainly without fault. If Ochazuke has as much sense as you judge, I should expect that the dragonball will remain safe with him so long as the threat of your predecessor remains far." Koorimaru leaned in whispering to her, "I only fear how Ochazuke will react should your predecessors' grasp grow tighter. Nevertheless, I am not so infallible that I will resist you any further on this matter. I only hope your faith in him is well-placed."
    "We all have to put our faith into something. Mine is in your group. In Ochazuke being willing to die to protect that orb.

She looks at Koorimaru and speaks again in a whisper.

"And in you willing to stop him from doing something too drastic."
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Kami? There is a planetary guardian on this planet? No, that does not matter. All that matters is taking that Dragon Ball out of his hands. Someone who twisted a man's ki like this one did, cannot be trusted with their power.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Slak says. His Ki-reinforced staff straining against the Namekian's casual grip. He is out of his league. "But I have no intention of letting you leave this place with the Dragon Ball, brother."

At once he lets go of his staff and aims his hand at the Namekian's face.

Dragon Shot!

At this range, there is a chance he'll get caught in the explosion too.

He's willing to take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Hopefully, this doesn't take as long as it usually does...

The instant Kai arrived at the hospital, he began preparations for his second jump, back to the bank. In the meantime, he was struggling through the unfortunately rather expected reaction to someone showing up out of literal nowhere with an unconscious man on his back. At least this time, the reaction was brief, likely thanks to being recognized from just earlier.

A shame the paperwork wasn't as brief.

And... done. Finally.

"Just keep the card and put all the necessary expenses on it," Kai said, interupting the thirtieth of what was beginning to seem like a endless battery of questions. "I have to go back."

And with that said he did, leaving behind the unconscious man-

-and arriving to see the others in a fight with what must be the source of the sickness.

The moment Slak fires, a one-way barrier springs up between him and his target, hopefully providing enough protection to shield the former from his own attack.
    The blast lands, the barrier slides in place just in time to protect Slak, and when the energy explosion dies down......

The old Namekian is still standing, completely unfazed by Slak's attack right to the head.

"You act as if you have a choice. Be warned, little brother: Stand in my way again and I'll absorb you for your insolence, willing or not."

He drops Slak's staff head and just turns and starts walking away.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM