Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

So these two are totally going to sleep together, right?
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 08-14-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    "The man he loves"? Really hope we're talking about Apollo's family here and not what's his face that Midnighter's been seeing recently. Way to keep things casual if it is.

Unless of course it's Grayson.

Incredible Member

Before he let someone he loves into his world... sounds like doctor dude. (Who I thought was Apollo for a moment when I saw his hair - way to mess with me D: )

And i know this is meant to be a dark world, but I really hope there's something going on with the men he's getting off grindr. I mean, he's a violent psychopath and isn't hiding it. That affects things. Ted Bundy, Regular American dude attracted a very different demographic to Ted Bundy, Serial Killer.

It's just too wierd to me that all these people are like "Oh you kill people? That's totally hot and not at all concerning!"
    Last edited by HellHere; 08-15-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Before he let someone he loves into his world... sounds like doctor dude. (Who I thought was Apollo for a moment when I saw his hair - way to mess with me D: )

And i know this is meant to be a dark world, but I really hope there's something going on with the men he's getting off grindr. I mean, he's a violent psychopath and isn't hiding it. That affects things. Ted Bundy, Regular American dude attracted a very different demographic to Ted Bundy, Serial Killer.

It's just too wierd to me that all these people are like "Oh you kill people? That's totally hot and not at all concerning!"
    Some people are attracted to bad boys...it's fairly common.
    Last edited by ed2962; 08-16-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Incredible Member

Of course, but there's bad boys, and then there's killers. And everyone's being presented as fairly well adjusted... it just seems odd to me.

Actually, considering how blase he was about the blood, I wonder if he's tied to the vampires?
    Last edited by HellHere; 08-15-2015 at 05:25 AM.

I'm loving Midnighter! It just keeps getting better and better. I'm really glad they are showing his face, they didn't show his face for many years in The Authority. I remember I was so surprised, when in one issue, there he was out of costume for the first time. I had always imagined he had black hair, but he was a blond. Then in a later volume of The Authority, he had black hair, with no explanation as to why the color change ( I think it was that the creators of the story had no idea he was previously a blond) I like that this version has brown hair. There are so few white comic book characters, even though, brown hair is the most common hair color for white people. I thought I wouldn't like Midnighter and Apollo being broken up, but, I'm really liking him dating other guys. His reasoning for breaking up was spot on, also. He does need to discover who he is and if Apollo can't understand that, he doesn't deserve Midnighter. I love that Dick Grayson is guest starring! I hope Midnighter flirts with him constantly. Dick Grayson is one of the most smokin' hot comic book characters that there is. I would love to see a Batman/Midnighter team up. I hate it when a big name character guest stars in a book just to boost sales, but, that's not why I want him to guest star. I want him because Midnighter was originally an analogue of Batman and I would like to see how they would interact with each other. I think it would be a pretty funny team up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    . I love that Dick Grayson is guest starring! I hope Midnighter flirts with him constantly. Dick Grayson is one of the most smokin' hot comic book characters that there is.
    I would rather not. It would make The Midnighter looks predatory who thinks about nothing but his libido, especially since he knows that Dick/Nightwing is not gay. A one off comment regarding Dicks' looks is fine. Anything else is over the top and in a way debases the character. Less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I would love to see a Batman/Midnighter team up. I hate it when a big name character guest stars in a book just to boost sales, but, that's not why I want him to guest star. I want him because Midnighter was originally an analogue of Batman and I would like to see how they would interact with each other. I think it would be a pretty funny team up.
    I was hoping that when then were thinking of adding some LGBT characters to the Bat family they would have folded Midnighter into the book, and placed him in Batman Inc. The problem with that is it would take some talent and imagination to keep Midnighter in character (who while easy going won't take crap from anyone) and have him work or take orders for that matter from Batman who can be rude. More often than not, writers are lazy with Batman and just write him as some general who barks orders and everyone else just mindlessly obeys him. Further other characters are often written or portrayed as being dumb in order to make Batman shine and I would not like to see that happen with Midi. Another problem would be the risk of anti-hero Midngnighter outshine Batman. And DC won't risk that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...of_midnighter/

Steve Orlando's doing an AMA on Reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post

I guess in a world where superheroes are flying around all the time the things that bother "normal" people are a little different. Still, all his dates do seem to be awfully blase about Midnighter just running around slaughtering people, even if they are really bad people. I've been having a little trouble with the dating scene shenanigans for just this reason... I'm psyched that Midnighter is an unapologetic killing machine because I am reading about him in a comic book, but no one that has gone on a date with him in his reality is bothered by this at all?

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...of_midnighter/

Steve Orlando's doing an AMA on Reddit.
    That was really fun to read through. Steve Orlando is terrific. I am excited that he'll be working on Batman & Robin Eternal.
    Last edited by sanderling; 09-29-2015 at 06:13 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So who's keen for the midnighter series? I literally can't tell you how excited I am about this. I started following the writer, steve orlando, and he really seems to get it.

Plus, midnighter and Apollo were the very first gay couple I ever saw way back when no gay characters were allowed to appear anywhere (unless it was for an Oscar bait movie and only then if they got killed off brutally).

I just can't wait. This will mark my triumphant return to the dcu (besides batgirl)

So how keen are you?
    I've loved how they have captured the caracter so far; though I remember him a lot more edgy, I understand due to censorship issues he can't be the guy-'who ripped the arms and legs off of a dude and send him to the hospital so he wouldn't be able to die like he wanted to'.

I also understand that they don't want him to commit to one man just yet but... I miss his relationship with Apollo so much.

Still, I am happy with what I've read so far. Hope the plot gets deeper, and to continue to read his awesome one-liners.

Someone said midnighter should make an appearance on arrow or flash and I would love that!

I wonder who would play him? Robert gant would be cool but I always saw midnighter as British. Maybe Rupert Friend?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Someone said midnighter should make an appearance on arrow or flash and I would love that!

I wonder who would play him? Robert gant would be cool but I always saw midnighter as British. Maybe Rupert Friend?
    WildStorm Midnighter could speak several languages fluently, but with an American accent. I'm pretty sure the team they made him for was an American experiment (why the US gov would make a team comprising only superhuman homosexuals, I don't know, nor whether they got to choose their names, because that does matter with some, like Crow Jane, a song Warren's been into for some time). But, none of that stands, anymore, in this brave new reality, or a tv reality, so yeah, I'm game for Rupert Friend.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

That's an amazing list. Makes me want a midnighter movie/tv series even more now!