Page 4 of 875 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: The Complex

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Bleeding Cool Reports: Tom Brevoort Semi-Confirms Reduction In Prominence Of X-Men At Marvel
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...edium=facebook
    Remember you heard it here first folks!
    Isn't what Brevoort said more about the toys and cartoons then the actual comics themselves?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Isn't what Brevoort said more about the toys and cartoons then the actual comics themselves?
    Yes, but shhh. Let's ignore that. I still means something.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This response is the same as the one in your second post. Any reason to post it twice?

As for what he said, I don't see the problem. Companies have finite resources. Marvel spending more on Avengers makes perfect sense if people actually care about keeping their job. Or are X fans going to pay their salaries when they get fired because they are not maximizing shareholders' investments?
    The problem is simply this: we, as X-men fans, want X-men merchandise and for them to appear in other forms of media besides just the movies and comics. I don't think anyone doesn't understand why Marvel is doing it. It makes business sense. Of course. But as an X-men fan it sucks.

That's all. I'm kind of over it at this point, though. Once they kill Wolverine and finish milking his death for all it's worth with all these limited series, I'll be down to Uncanny X-men and X-Force as my only two Marvel purchases each month. So I'm almost out the door completely at this point anyway.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Maybe if that's the case, they'll put all their "big name" talent on Avengers, Inhuman, etc. stuff and we'll get more books by Asmus, Hopeless, Spurrier, PAD, Duggan, and the like. Those books will be relevant to me.. and that's all I give a crap about. Who cares about Marvel's "big picture" at that point?
    Agreed. Although hopefully these writers get enough time and space to tell their stories, and not have runs cancelled prematurely. I can't warm to their "big name" talent at the moment anyway.
    "Self has no time for this."

Agreed. I really hope they keep Spurrier on XF and that that Bleeding Cool rumor of a creative shuffle was wrong.

BANNED

I hate the NuHumans. Anyone remember when CC had Medusa mind-controlled by Apocalypse? To me her becoming a horsewoman is the last time she counted.

They aren't going to get rid of the X-Men comics, as they still make money, but what seems to be happening is that they have turned the X-Men comics into a venue to help promote their other properties. Uncanny X-Men has basally been a showcase for Maria Hill and SHIELD, Uncanny Avengers was basically them taking Remender's big X-Men story and turning it into an Avengers story, and All New X-Men was used to promote Bendis' other titles. Guardians of the Galaxy during the Trial of Jean Grey and now he is going to use it to promote Ultimate Spider-man. The X-Men books that focus mainly on the X-Men on their own fighting their rogues has been pushed to the ancillary X-Men titles and the bigger X-Men books will probably continue to be used as a showcase for Marvel's other franchises and properties. This is what the status quo is going to be like for quite a while probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Care to explain Xavier's resurrection between The Last stand and DofP?

Plot-holes, indeed...
    I never said the Fox universe was plotholl-less, I'm just saying the Disney one has an astronomical amounts of them.

I did like the Winter Solder though - I found the classic spy film vibe interesting.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-02-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They aren't going to get rid of the X-Men comics, as they still make money, but what seems to be happening is that they have turned the X-Men comics into a venue to help promote their other properties. Uncanny X-Men has basally been a showcase for Maria Hill and SHIELD, Uncanny Avengers was basically them taking Remender's big X-Men story and turning it into an Avengers story, and All New X-Men was used to promote Bendis' other titles. Guardians of the Galaxy during the Trial of Jean Grey and now he is going to use it to promote Ultimate Spider-man. The X-Men books that focus mainly on the X-Men on their own fighting their rogues has been pushed to the ancillary X-Men titles and the bigger X-Men books will probably continue to be used as a showcase for Marvel's other franchises and properties. This is what the status quo is going to be like for quite a while probably.
    I wonder if it's cross-promotion so much as cross-contamination. Tying X-Men events closely with properties Marvel has the complete rights to might just be a way of making those stories more difficult (or impossible) for Fox to adapt.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It's about promotion in general.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    This response is the same as the one in your second post. Any reason to post it twice?

As for what he said, I don't see the problem. Companies have finite resources. Marvel spending more on Avengers makes perfect sense if people actually care about keeping their job. Or are X fans going to pay their salaries when they get fired because they are not maximizing shareholders' investments?
    The second post included the Bleeding Cool article

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    I never said the Fox universe was plotholl-less, I'm just saying the Disney one has an astronomical amounts of them.

I did like the Winter Solder though - I found the classic spy film vibe interesting.
    So the massive plot-holes in the Fox films aren't unsettling?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    So the massive plot-holes in the Fox films aren't unsettling?
    They bother me less, which I'd admit isn't a proper answer. They just feel deeper somehow.

For example I found Iron Man 3 painful to watch - and I actually liked the first Iron Man film - it's no masterpiece, but it was fun. The third one is a mess.

Also I found the objectification of the female characters in the Avengers really juvenile and sad.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-02-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Damm you Fox! give back the rigths!
    YES! they should throw away tens of millions of dollars because Marvel doesn't have the resources to spend on the X-men books

I'm pretty sure if Disney wrote a big enough check they could buy back the X-men rights

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    YES! they should throw away tens of millions of dollars because Marvel doesn't have the resources to spend on the X-men books

I'm pretty sure if Disney wrote a big enough check they could buy back the X-men rights
    I don't know how much I'd like an MCU X-Men film. I LIKE the darker and more introspective approach Fox has taken with the series, whereas if they were under Marvel control we'd be getting 2 hours of quippy one-liners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I don't know how much I'd like an MCU X-Men film. I LIKE the darker and more introspective approach Fox has taken with the series, whereas if they were under Marvel control we'd be getting 2 hours of quippy one-liners.
    Eloquently said.