Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Lets kill this dead horse: The Darknight Detective!

ETA: Need to check the count!
    I get four votes for CaptCleghorn: Nschornhost, Tami, Iron Maiden, and LordMikel. So CaptCleghorn was the winner at the time of tallying!
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I get four votes for CaptCleghorn: Nschornhost, Tami, Iron Maiden, and LordMikel. So CaptCleghorn was the winner at the time of tallying!
    I only count 3 for CaptCleghorn. Did you count WPP's reply to IM's post? (That wasn't a vote).
    If it is 3 than your vote for DD stands.

I will do a recount. And anybody else who wants to should as well.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-31-2019 at 05:22 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Confirming WPP's count, and with kjn's vote, Darknight Detective is the winner with his Starlin dead astronaut cover. Congrats to DD, the next contest is yours.

Thanks to all for making this one fun!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Confirming WPP's count, and with kjn's vote, Darknight Detective is the winner with his Starlin dead astronaut cover. Congrats to DD, the next contest is yours.

Thanks to all for making this one fun!
    Thanks for double checking. Always good to have an extra pair of eyes go over the votes.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Congrats, Darknight Detective!

Congratulations on the win, Darknight Detective!
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Congratulation to The Darknight Detective for a Definitely Cool cover. It did a great job of combining horror and science-fiction as well as bringing an artistic talent to paper. Well done.

And now, holy crap, this has been a week, hasn't it? I know I like being the center of attention, but with cover appropriateness and vote counting controversies, perhaps fame isn't all it was cracked up to be, But what has the captain learned from all this? He has learned that when you say you read something, circumstances go better if you've actually read it. And yes, there may be dozens of Microsoft changes in procedures I will probably check and not read, but hey, what am I gonna do? It has been a fun week.

Thanks go out to Nschornhost, Tami, and Iron Maiden for their votes. I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for that meddling vote counting accuracy! Wow, that's a lot of fun to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I only count 3 for CaptCleghorn. Did you count WPP's reply to IM's post? (That wasn't a vote).
    If it is 3 than your vote for DD stands.

I will do a recount. And anybody else who wants to should as well.
    No, I gave the names of the votes for CaptCleghorn: Nschornhost, Tami, Iron Maiden, and LordMikel.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

No, I gave the names of the votes for CaptCleghorn: Nschornhost, Tami, Iron Maiden, and LordMikel.
    Yeah, I get the same-- three for Darknight Detective, but four for CaptCleghorn...

Damn. I'm going to wait for official confirmation, but I feel like...

LordMikel's vote is hard to see under the alternate mad cover, I missed it on a count check
    so 4 for Cap by my bad eyes
    Last edited by Ajax_X; 07-31-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax_X View Post
    LordMikel's vote is hard to see under the alternate mad cover, I missed it on a count check
    so 4 for Cap by my bad eyes
    That's understandable. During the voting period, when people post alternate or extra covers, or more art/images, or replies/posts with large images, etc., it's distracting and can be confusing for the people who do the tally. IMO once the voting period starts we should refrain from posting extraneous images. There's plenty of time after the votes have been tabulated to post extra stuff like that. Just my two cents.

At any rate:
    kjn's tally is correct.
    Capt. Cleghorn: 4 votes.... from Nschornhost, Tami, Iron Maiden, and LordMikel

Darkknight Detective: 3 votes....from worstblogever, nx01a, Shalla Bal.

Congrats CC.

And thanks for the vote Scott Taylor and for the hon. mention Nschornhorst
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 07-31-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Personally, I like the silliness and byplays here, but having counted votes a few times, I think I can give the following advice:

The vote should be given in bold in the first paragraph of the post. Basically, on level with the poster avatar.

Do not quote the original post during the voting period, partly due to exposure, partly because it messes up easy count-checking via search.

In any case, congratulations to CaptCleghorn, thanks to PaulBullion for the vote, and to Nschornhorst and MajorHoy for the mentions!

I have posted a new contest. Hopefully any questions regarding my appropriateness to sit on the Iron Throne have been answered. If not, I believe Torches and Pitchforks are selling on Amazon [unpaid endorsement].

Also, thanks, LordMikel for your vote. I apologize for having missed it.

Congratulations Capt!

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    That's understandable. During the voting period, when people post alternate or extra covers, or more art/images, or replies/posts with large images, etc., it's distracting and can be confusing for the people who do the tally. IMO once the voting period starts we should refrain from posting extraneous images. There's plenty of time after the votes have been tabulated to post extra stuff like that. Just my two cents.
    Make that four cents.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe