Page 276 of 662 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 9921

The main Character from Tomi Adeyemi's Children of Blood and Bone and the upcoming sequel Children of Virtue and Vengeance shares Ororo's features The author even admits that Ororo had inspired her.

Attachment 85422

Yetide Badaki fan artttt

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Missed oppurtunity not having her in a MvC game where we could have gotten some interesting dialogue
    True. Maybe next game.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Attachment 85422

Yetide Badaki fan artttt
    I'm sold. Chocolate goddess realness!!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    Lol no. I think my issue with the relaunch especially as it pertains to Ororo is that it feels inappropriate and misplaced. Other characters like Psylocke, Cyclops and even Kitty seem to have been elevated and to upper echelons in their development as characters and for all the hype that the House of X and its brother-title will spawn Ororo is still going to b stuck in the same rut that she was in before all of this. What are your thoughts?
    actually I think all your points are fair and i actually agree. since Claremont stopped writing her before she married her place among the xmen has never been the same. once cyclops became the figurehead for the xmen she has lived in the shadow of some Male figure (either cyclops or wolverone). when she finally was given true room to breathe as leader the end result was her licking her wounds after ivx. and now yet she is a goddess who has not fully accepted the mantle she still finds herself in the shadows of the white male figureheads. so I agree. ororo should be regarded with just as much respect as cyclops. I said it once before, heads would role if cyclops ever took orders from kitty in any capacity but ororo isnt held in the same esteem as him.

Well mainly that this look always felt like it was exclusive to Ororo, kind of like the S symbol is exclusive to Superman but that's probably a bad analogy. It's probably me being ignorant but I can't recount coming across the documented existence of a black female character or dark-skinned female character that shared those exact same traits before Ororo was conceptualized so I sometimes feel like the designers are slyly plagiarizing one her idiosyncrasies.
    I see and agree. those cartoons look too similar to the original for it not to be clear who inspired the look.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Attachment 85422

Yetide Badaki fan artttt

She would freaking nail it I'm telling ya'll

I think that the best way for Storm to move forward is for to divorce herself from the X-Men and forming her own mutant organization the can be based in Africa but recruit mutants from around the world that reject Xavier.

Attachment 85422

Yetide Badaki fan artttt
    Nice find. She definitely looks she could pull off Storm's look.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I think that the best way for Storm to move forward is for to divorce herself from the X-Men and forming her own mutant organization the can be based in Africa but recruit mutants from around the world that reject Xavier.
    I would agree totally here. until then status quo will reign supreme.

oan I finally unlocked ororo on mua3 bitches! the voice actress is amazing and she is so powerful. marvel is preparing us for the storm we will see on the big screen and I'm ready.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lol no. I think my issue with the relaunch especially as it pertains to Ororo is that it feels inappropriate and misplaced. Other characters like Psylocke, Cyclops and even Kitty seem to have been elevated and to upper echelons in their development as characters and for all the hype that the House of X and its brother-title will spawn Ororo is still going to b stuck in the same rut that she was in before all of this. What are your thoughts?
    I feel this way about Jean too. Sure we will have to wait, but I'm not very excited for it.

x-treme x-men was good for Ororo, so this could work.

BANNED

I just want them to throw Storm a Bone please!!!.

I just want Storm acting like a prominent leader of the X-men/mutant race.

She should be making her own path, not riding a ship waiting for Kitty's orders. The disrespect is real and noted.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Do you guys think that if Morrison got to use Storm as he originally wanted that she'd be in a much better place in the mythos right now. His characters essentially went on to dominate the narrative for the next 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Do you guys think that if Morrison got to use Storm as he originally wanted that she'd be in a much better place in the mythos right now. His characters essentially went on to dominate the narrative for the next 10 years.
    There's a strong possibility that Storm may have been more at the forefront over the past few years had she been included in Morrison's take on the X-men. However, I wonder at what price? I think Morrison originally wanted Cyclops to cheat on Jean with Storm instead of Emma (although I could be wrong). I'm glad that never came to be and I hope it never does! Also, Storm may have never reunited with and then married T'Challa which would have been a shame for me since I love them as a couple.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED