Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Hmmm, I just thought about something crazy.

I love the idea of a book focused on MJ, but the problem here is that, if she's going to end up trapped into some crazy plot from Mysterio or other villains, then I'm really worried about her survival. Don't get me wrong, you don't need powers to be a cool character; problem is, many times you NEED them to survive the crazy stuff of supervillains. That's why many "human girlfriends" of superheroes end up having their own powers; like Pepper Potts having an Iron Man's armor, or Jane Foster becoming worthy of Mjolnir.

Anyway, MJ can surely defend herself, as she proved some times during her marriage with Peter. Sadly, there are limits for this, as we could see in "Renew Your Vows" during the Secret Wars; where Venom trapped her and needed an advantage given by Peter to have a way to protect herself and Annie from Venom. So, I was thinking, do you remember Spider-Island? I know the cure was given to MJ before she turned into a werespider like the other citizens of New York; but the cure was also given to Anya Corazon, and somehow, she kept the powers. So, how about if in this book, by some unexpected twist, MJ's old spider powers reappear? I'm not saying she will end up in a costume just like that; but if she's trapped into somekind of plot of Mysterio, having a danger warning spider-sense and spider-strength will certainly be useful if Peter can't help her.
    In regards to her possibly having some spider-powers I've thought about that from time-to-time, usually when those threads asking if anyone would be interested in a ''super-hero'' MJ came up but I do think it'd be interesting if they did the little twist you thought of, Ursalink. Don't see it happening but I wouldn't complain, at least not initially LOL.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Just one MJ variant cover for November.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

OK, now, MJ always looks great with anything; but guns?, definitely not with those. And seriously, can I cut off Deadpool's head?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    OK, now, MJ always looks great with anything; but guns?, definitely not with those. And seriously, can I cut off Deadpool's head?
    She did carry a handgun in Marvel Knights Spider-Man.

Nice art. Funny how Deadpool wearing a pink crop top over his uniform is something that would be very much in character for him. Nice rendering of MJ, too, although it looks like her eyes are blue.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    She did carry a handgun in Marvel Knights Spider-Man.
    And in Amazing Spider-Man clone saga era. I specifically remember her shooting at one of Peter’s clones with it during Mark of Kaine.

Oh that art is by Carlos Gomez the artist for the Amazing Mary Jane series. Looks great! Can’t wait to see more of his art.

Gorgeous cover. Now I'm just imagining an MJ/Wade team-up .

Most of them have been really cute. I'm going to get them even though I don't read most of these books.

Lol that is one sick cover.

This is my new favorite Deadpool cover.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Nice art. Funny how Deadpool wearing a pink crop top over his uniform is something that would be very much in character for him. Nice rendering of MJ, too, although it looks like her eyes are blue.
    Well, her eyes were blue back in her very first appearance. So actually it's correct! It's all the depictions with green eyes that are wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Well, her eyes were blue back in her very first appearance. So actually it's correct! It's all the depictions with green eyes that are wrong.
    I wonder when her eyes were made green. It was blue for the first 150 issues. Strangely enough adaptations tend to go with blue eyes too lately whether it's Kirsten Dunst, it's ITSV, or the PS4 game.

But canon-wise, they're officially green, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But canon-wise, they're officially green, right?
    In 616 now, and Ultimate Spider-Man, yes. I kind of think this was some coloring error, and once it got in, people liked it and it stuck. Romita certainly intended her to have blue eyes.

I was re-reading Frank Miller's Daredevil collected volumes and the first one including his early work as a penciller for Mantlo's Spectacular run, and in that one Miller's MJ has blue eyes too. This was around 1980 or so.

Miller MJ 1.jpg

I think it might have been Roger Stern and JRJR that gave her green eyes. Because her having green eyes was a big part of Stern's run. Like at one point, Peter suggests that his attraction to Felicia was that she had green eyes like MJ, seeing her as a replacement for her.