Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    My predictions: Fun action/visuals
    Characters you don't expect much from turning out good; characters you expect much from just being ok, or below.
    Partially convulted storyline, and I say that because of Superman's death/resurrection alone.
    It'd be best for the story, probably, if Superman returns pretty close to the end...then they get someone to do a more upbeat Superman solo flick to explore his return more.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The reviews I've seen mostly add up to: "With the very low bar, I guess Justice League is marginally better, more serviceable" or "flawed but fun"

Yay (sarcasm)

It's sad how little we settle for with these comic films.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-13-2017 at 09:16 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

All the reviews ive read say everyone except Cyborg is pretty fun and amazing which is fine by me. Because if they get the characters right they work in a better story and villians in future movies. Im just worried because Snyder said Cyborg was the heart of the film and ppl dont seem to have liked him all that much. Atleast not like the other 2 new charatcers who seem to be ppls favorite parts. I already knew i was gonna like Aquamn probaly, but im happily surprised that ppl are loving Ezras flash.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    It'd be best for the story, probably, if Superman returns pretty close to the end...then they get someone to do a more upbeat Superman solo flick to explore his return more.
    I feel that is likely the case. We've seen numerous clips of them fighting those parademons (name?) on planet cgi, which I would assume is the "pre-battle" to the climactic battle. Since this is already towards the end, and assuming they didn't cgi supes out for promos, my guess is that he aids with steppenwolf at the very end.

I just got home from a preview screening. It's good. Is it perfect? No. The ending is a little rushed. (I think the under two hour mandate rumors may be true.) The re-shoots are fairly obvious. Steppenwolf could have been more developed and Darkseid is only mentioned once. But the League's formation seems organic and they work well together. There are lots of cool winks and nods to previous films. (Marc McClure of all people has a cameo.) Joss Whedon's "voice" can definitely be heard throughout. There's a mid-credits scene that if it isn't Whedon, then they let Geoff Johns write one scene. The end credits scene had people doing a kind of gasp/cheer.

It's a good movie. The best DC has done in their shared universe. Hopefully they'll continue with this tone. There's humor, but also serious drama and some cool action.
    Last edited by Don C; 11-13-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Don C View Post
    I just got home from a preview screening. It's good. Is it perfect? No. The ending is a little rushed. (I think the under two hour mandate rumors may be true.) The re-shoots are fairly obvious. Steppenwolf could have been more developed and Darkseid is only mentioned once. But the League's formation seems organic and they work well together. There are lots of cool winks and nods to previous films. (Marc McClure of all people has a cameo.) Joss Whedon's "voice" can definitely be heard throughout. There's a mid-credits scene that if it isn't Whedon, then they let Geoff Johns write one scene. The end credits scene had people doing a kind of gasp/cheer.

It's a good movie. The best DC has done in their shared universe. Hopefully they'll continue with this tone. There's humor, but also serious drama and some cool action.
    End credit scene with spoiler tags plz spoil the **** out of it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    End credit scene with spoiler tags plz spoil the **** out of it for me
    I don't know how to do spoiler tags. I haven't posted in like a year and they must have changed them from [spoiler]text[/spoiler].

Okay, I figured it out.

Mid-credits scene: spoilers:
    Superman and the Flash are talking in costume at what appears to be the Kent farm. Flash wants to see who's faster. Superman jokes that if he wins, Flash is off the team. (Flash is really nervous in the entire movie.) Flash says if he wins, he gets to tell people that he won. Superman agrees and they decide to race to the Pacific Ocean.
    end of spoilers If that isn't Joss Whedon fanboying then it was Geoff Johns. I don't see Zack Snyder putting something that fun into the movie without Warner Bros. holding a gun to his head.

End credits scene: spoilers:
    It's a prison calling lights out. One inmate doesn't turn his light out. "Lights out, Luthor," the guard says. People gasp because everyone forgot there were rumors Jesse Eisenberg filmed stuff for the movie. Only it isn't Lex Luthor. He's escaped. Cut to a mega-yacht with a smaller pilot boat coming up it. A figure gets off the pilot boat, covered in shadows. You can just make out two swords in scabbards on his back. Dramatic reveal as he climbs the stairs: It's Deathstroke, the Terminator. Lex says God is back and so is he. Since Superman is forming a league, Lex tells Deathstroke that they should form a league of their own. People gasp and cheer. They're teasing the Injustice League.
    end of spoilers I love this idea. It's where I thought the DC Cinematic Universe should have gone in the first place.

Best DC has done? Better than Wonder Woman? Wow, that's high praise indeed (unless you didn't like Wonder Woman).

Good to know you're among the voices we've heard saying the movie doesn't suck.

Okay, I figured it out.

Mid-credits scene: spoilers:
    Superman and the Flash are talking in costume at what appears to be the Kent farm. Flash wants to see who's faster. Superman jokes that if he wins, Flash is off the team. (Flash is really nervous in the entire movie.) Flash says if he wins, he gets to tell people that he won. Superman agrees and they decide to race to the Pacific Ocean.
    end of spoilers If that isn't Joss Whedon fanboying then it was Geoff Johns. I don't see Zack Snyder putting something that fun into the movie without Warner Bros. holding a gun to his head.

End credits scene: spoilers:
    It's a prison calling lights out. One inmate doesn't turn his light out. "Lights out, Luthor," the guard says. People gasp because everyone forgot there were rumors Jesse Eisenberg filmed stuff for the movie. Only it isn't Lex Luthor. He's escaped. Cut to a mega-yacht with a smaller pilot boat coming up it. A figure gets off the pilot boat, covered in shadows. You can just make out two swords in scabbards on his back. Dramatic reveal as he climbs the stairs: It's Deathstroke, the Terminator. Lex says God is back and so is he. Since Superman is forming a league, Lex tells Deathstroke that they should form a league of their own. People gasp and cheer. They're teasing the Injustice League.
    end of spoilers I love this idea. It's where I thought the DC Cinematic Universe should have gone in the first place.
    Thats tough because i like half of that end credit scene. I wish one of those characters woulda just diappeared forever though

And more bad press. Folks are attacking this on other sites right now.

https://heroichollywood.com/justice-...omatoes-delay/

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Im fine with this. Let ppl go see if before letting critics possibly kill any goodwill. Or maybe the critics will give it a boost. Either way waiting will help the movie imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Rotten Tomatoes shouldn't bend to the studios' anger like this. No special treatment.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

RT can suck my coin purse

I feel like this movie will be middling, Ill get to it after im done watching Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I feel like this movie will be middling, Ill get to it after im done watching Punisher
    Yea, this DC reader will be all focused on Punisher and maybe I'll rent JL someday, borrow a friend's DVD.