Page 164 of 231 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3451
    Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I want an espionage spy-thriller story featuring Laura and Cessily (and potentially Dust and others). Mercury’s powers would be perfect for that type of story.

I believe her creators have said before that Cessily has a mental block preventing her from reaching her full potential. If she overcame it she could appear more “humanlike” (like Terminator T-1000). Mercury is a character with tons of potential and I think it’s a shame no one has picked up on her yet.
    I haven't heard about that.
    In many ways I kind of like that Mercury can't currently take on a more human form, because I think the element of her over compensating a bit by trying to act very human is really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    I haven't heard about that.
    In many ways I kind of like that Mercury can't currently take on a more human form, because I think the element of her over compensating a bit by trying to act very human is really interesting.
    I agree I like her metallic form. However I do believe I know what is being referenced. There was mention that she had the potential to appear more human. After all she can change the color of her hair to appear orange-red, and her hair is also made of the same substance as the rest of her. So the potential is there.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I agree I like her metallic form. However I do believe I know what is being referenced. There was mention that she had the potential to appear more human. After all she can change the color of her hair to appear orange-red, and her hair is also made of the same substance as the rest of her. So the potential is there.
    Then that would mean what with the proper focus Mercury could have found a way to assume a human form while being able to change into her liquid metal form right?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    IIRC it had something to do with how she views herself. IE, she still identifies as a red-head so she's still able to turn her hair red. The reasons she can't appear more human is because she BELIEVES she looks metallic, and that acts as a subconscious block on her abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Then that would mean what with the proper focus Mercury could have found a way to assume a human form while being able to change into her liquid metal form right?
    Yes. I think it’d be an interesting journey to see her grow into her powers. It would add shapeshifting to her power set, and could create all kinds of interesting situations as she tries to learn to control that.

I’d also like to see her become confident enough that even though she could appear like a normal girl, by default she chooses not to because she comes to accept her metal body, especially since Cessily has expressed that she thinks she’s ugly and a freak. That’s the sort of character development I would like to see for her. Of course it’d be a journey, I wouldn’t want to see any handwaving to make it happen over night.

Yes. I think it’d be an interesting journey to see her grow into her powers. It would add shapeshifting to her power set, and could create all kinds of interesting situations as she tries to learn to control that.

I’d also like to see her become confident enough that even though she could appear like a normal girl, by default she chooses not to because she comes to accept her metal body, especially since Cessily has expressed that she thinks she’s ugly and a freak. That’s the sort of character development I would like to see for her. Of course it’d be a journey, I wouldn’t want to see any handwaving to make it happen over night.
    Well sure while her human form could be used for more covert purposes i.e. infiltrating a club to spy on a target but I think it can be done in either form. I think the New X-Men are just one of the most powerful mutants of their generation. Especially when Yost and Kyle were at the helm especially their bigger plans for Julian and thanks to Big G I have half a mind to think they would have turned Julian into a psionic entity which in turn would have allowed him to regain his hands, in theory at least considering how powerful Hellion became after a while.

Honestly, I'm still disappointed no ones done a heist story with Gambit, Mercury, Storm, and others.
    Can I just sneak Cipher in there real quick. Her powers are perfect for a heist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well sure while her human form could be used for more covert purposes i.e. infiltrating a club to spy on a target but I think it can be done in either form. I think the New X-Men are just one of the most powerful mutants of their generation. Especially when Yost and Kyle were at the helm especially their bigger plans for Julian and thanks to Big G I have half a mind to think they would have turned Julian into a psionic entity which in turn would have allowed him to regain his hands, in theory at least considering how powerful Hellion became after a while.
    Probably. K/Y did give Hellion a huge power boost as it was. Honestly I don’t know if I trust what they would’ve done after that, especially after what they did with Elixir’s power levels.

Probably. K/Y did give Hellion a huge power boost as it was. Honestly I don’t know if I trust what they would’ve done after that, especially after what they did with Elixir’s power levels.
    Well what they would have done for Julian at least would certainly have been better than what the other writers did with him. They just had no idea how to write a story involving a disabled boy and left readers scratching their heads at the end. So I would have gone with their idea instead at least.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Can I just sneak Cipher in there real quick. Her powers are perfect for a heist.
    Absolutely.
    It's always strange to me Guggenheim pushes Ink so much, when out of all his creations Cipher was the better character...

Absolutely.
    It's always strange to me Guggenheim pushes Ink so much, when out of all his creations Cipher was the better character...
    I'm tempted to ask that once his X-Posi comes out for questions. Why did Guggs decide to push Ink sooooooo hard, while Graymalkin & Cipher remain on the sidelines? And he actually used Jonas in his Agents of SHIELD run, but I guess he forgot Alisa existed. There's a reason no one bothered to bring Ink out of his coma but happily continued using the other two. He struck gold with 2 out of 3, but he just won't admit that he didn't get a strike (or turkey in bowling terms). Not too mention the two have vastly more interesting power-sets than just "i just got this convenient tattoo that helps me win the day" since it makes him look like a worse Deus Ex Machina than Elixir at his most powerful ://

that being said: #MoreYoungX-Men&NewX-MenInteractions

Brisson spares no one in this colored page of Extermination #1.

Julian be like "Man Im glad i decided to volunteer at the Hospital today"
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Brisson spares no one in this colored page of Extermination #1.

Anole’s the only casualty I can identify there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Anole’s the only casualty I can identify there.
    Really? I'm seeing bits of Rockslide all over the place