Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Quicksilver could be interesting but not before Marvel undo what happened to him and Wanda in Axis lol. I agree with you it would be great if Bunn could choose his own team for the new relaunch.

But with the announcement of the Asgardians of the Galaxy, I'm not sure if Bunn will stay on an X-Title. I mean between ASOTG, the Deadpool Mini, Blue + his indie books that might be too much work for one single writer lol.
    Oh, that was a given. I'm still so angry at that stupid retcon. It undid years of history and family drama and damaged what I believe to be one of the most interesting family trees in the MU. He def needs his on team- I loved his run on Uncanny for that very reason.

Yeah, that's my doubt too. He might leave it all behind. That'd be such a waste though- his X-Men knowledge alone is worth keeping around. And I hate to think what other writers might do with Magneto + Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's honestly into extremes with him and Blue. It's either good or bad...no real middle ground. I'd be glad for a new writer.
    I do agree it's been hot and cold. Couldn't care less about the Raksha and the Poisons, but I loved Mojoworld + Mothervine. Pretty much all of the issues where it wasn't all about Jimmy + the O5 are the ones I've liked best.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Like most people here, this preview does absolutely nothing for me, but since Bunn obliquely hinted the "good parts" of this book will also be in these issues I will check it out.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Really bummed out at the contrast between the art for the last two issues by Marcus To and this issue and the next. This artist was just on Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, and I'm sure they're a nice person, but...their stuff is just so unappealing and scratchy (not in a controlled way, like Garry Brown or Klaus Janson).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Really bummed out at the contrast between the art for the last two issues by Marcus To and this issue and the next. This artist was just on Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, and I'm sure they're a nice person, but...their stuff is just so unappealing and scratchy (not in a controlled way, like Garry Brown or Klaus Janson).
    He's going to be on Iceman now too, and it's... nice I guess. But it could be substantially better.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    He's going to be on Iceman now too, and it's... nice I guess. But it could be substantially better.
    Wait that's the same artist? I really didn't like this issue of X-Men Blue, and one of the many reasons was the art quality

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Wait that's the same artist? I really didn't like this issue of X-Men Blue, and one of the many reasons was the art quality
    Same. But I loved the ending of this issue~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Same. But I loved the ending of this issue~
    spoilers:
    Daken stabbing Jimmy? Me too.
    end of spoilers

Daken was wearing the same jacket from the first issue of 'Orphans of X'. Looks like Mags kept Daken around to hunt down Jimmy. Which may lead to the X-Men to confront Mags about it, who's already on a downward spiral to absolute villainy.

While the art was meh and the facial expressions were bleh, I loved Stockman's Poison Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Daken was wearing the same jacket from the first issue of 'Orphans of X'. Looks like Mags kept Daken around to hunt down Jimmy. Which may lead to the X-Men to confront Mags about it, who's already on a downward spiral to absolute villainy.

While the art was meh and the facial expressions were bleh, I loved Stockman's Poison Jimmy.
    Well at least now we know why the O5 will turn against Magneto and help Emma.

And none of them can complain that they did not see it coming .

Extraordinary Member

I liked the ending. Bunn did a good job of establishing that Jimmy/Poison is dangerous and I can definitely see Magneto's reasoning. Also I can totally see Daken being happy to take him up on it. For one, he can say that he's actually "helping" by taking out a dangerous threat and he can get rid of his competition, Jimmy.

You see, my theory for a while is that Daken partially loves Laura and Gabby because they simply can't be competition between him and Logan. Even if Laura and Logan had the best relationship in the world, she's still going to be his daughter, which is a different relationship than what Logan and Daken would have even in the best of times.

If Logan came back and met Jimmy, there's always that chance that Logan would actually be interested in meeting with him and bonding with him, something I think Daken would get pretty jealous about.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Jimmy got a healing factor, right?

Okay.

Let's move on.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Well at least now we know why the O5 will turn against Magneto and help Emma.

And none of them can complain that they did not see it coming .
    But the o5 was there to hunt jimmy down too. Weren't they also sent by Magneto?

I've been such a massive defender of both Bunn and Blue, but this is the first real big miss I think (both in Blue and in all of Bunn's X-Books), if we discount any strict Venom crossover tie-ins. And what's weird is that it is a very functional single issue, it just isn't the issue that was needed. We could have probably done with an issue akin to #10; get some character moments, reflection on previous arc and then build into the next one. The O5 return has been really unceremonious.

But that last page was fun, so hopefully Bunn can use the next issue to lead into #31 really well. If #31 and #32 are of the quality of #1 and #2, then I think Bunn can still cap this series off really nicely. But it does feel like we're reading an extended epilogue (with Magneto focus, rather than the 'main' cast), not a grand finale to Blue. The art was fine, but again suffered from coming off the back of MotherVine.

Poison is a pretty sucky name (and fate) for Jimmy, so I'm hoping he gets killed off so we don't have to see this again. Sucks, just bc Jimmy's costume was one of my favourite Wolverine looks.

BANNED

What the poison was able to do with Jimmy's powers was ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    What the poison was able to do with Jimmy's powers was ridiculous.
    That was fine. Claws, but bigger and regenerative. Seems like a reasonable extension of Jimmy's core, and, in all fairness, was a neat visual.