Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I highly doubt that Ulysses will be acknowledged in the future and I really couldn't see him joining Superman, I mean sure, he only interacted with New 52 Superman, but I don't see any reason for him to change his attitudes.
    I disagree with you on both points. They seemed to go out of their way to acknowledge Ulysses in Reborn, the solar flare in a surprising number of places (the latest and most surprising being Super Sons), and he's a Johns creation that was likely set up all along to be an antagonistic frenemy to Superman. They'll likely say something to the effect of his Earth parents being the only thing he has left to fight for. He'll likely be a no-nonsense-justice counterpoint on the team (likely to Steel given he's so directly inspired by Superman) allowing for sufficient friction on a team of people who are kind of like Superman in power.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Ulysses is actually one of the few things I know about from Nu52 Superman (thanks for that comic club) and I found him, like the entire story he was in, pretty boring. Given all the actual Super Family members in limbo, both the members of Lana's team and other Pre-Flashpoint characters, I really wouldn't find his inclusion in a SuperFamily team book welcome.

But wouldn't he be too strong for such a team ? Steel, Natasha, even Lana in a suit possibly, they aren't heavy hitters, while Ulysses went toe to toe with Superman. I would find him strange to interact with them in a team, really.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    But wouldn't he be too strong for such a team ? Steel, Natasha, even Lana in a suit possibly, they aren't heavy hitters, while Ulysses went toe to toe with Superman. I would find him strange to interact with them in a team, really.
    Nah, I don't think so. His powers were pretty great, so that'll obviously make him the heavy of the team (gives more weight to his no-nonsense justice stuff he'll likely be spouting), but they were decidedly weaker than Superman's when it came down to it. Even his invulnerability was questionable since we saw simple robot ticks get into his skin with little fuss, and then Superman proceeded to shove him into a wall KOing him.

And I sincerely doubt that Steel and Nat, if given their own team book to grow in, will be allowed to remain the weak links. I mean, are we not currently in an event where actual metal is powerful enough to affect the multiverse? And isn't it straight up established that Steel's hammer has traces of the stuff in it? Would it be to hard to believe that he could get a pretty sizable upgrade based on all?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I generally liked Superwoman and thought the initial twist was kind of cool in a "you-didn't-see-this-bait & switch-coming" kind of way. I loved the relationship Lana had with John Henry because it left me guessing almost until the end whether their relationship would survive the Clark factor. The book had its ups and downs, and maybe there were some things that could have been done better, but I don't regret sticking with it to the end.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I generally liked Superwoman and thought the initial twist was kind of cool in a "you-didn't-see-this-bait & switch-coming" kind of way. I loved the relationship Lana had with John Henry because it left me guessing almost until the end whether their relationship would survive the Clark factor. The book had its ups and downs, and maybe there were some things that could have been done better, but I don't regret sticking with it to the end.
    Interestingly, that bait and switch caused me to drop the title immediately.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I sense the same thing. And that's a damn shame.

Superman always gets reset to the norm,that's how it works,so don't expect different (and be happy and surprised if they ever do)

BTW I'm kinda unhappy that Lana lost the red power when strange visitor just showed in Supergirl series.those 2 need to meet and give us a team up at least once

Astonishing Member

Are we to believe that the Lois who was Superwoman still exists, in some sort of netherworld? Is New 52 Supes there, too, and might they eventually come back, though some portal in the Multiverse or some supernatural force?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Are we to believe that the Lois who was Superwoman still exists, in some sort of netherworld? Is New 52 Supes there, too, and might they eventually come back, though some portal in the Multiverse or some supernatural force?
    No. Superman Reborn merged them with their older counterparts.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Which make me wonder if they're going to address why Superman was split in 2 in the first place, or they'll drop this "little detail".

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Which make me wonder if they're going to address why Superman was split in 2 in the first place, or they'll drop this "little detail".
    ...That's literally the whole point of Doomsday Clock, where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    ...That's literally the whole point of Doomsday Clock, where have you been?
    Johns could end up ignore it and just address why Dr. Manhattan stole 10 years from the DCU.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Johns could end up ignore it and just address why Dr. Manhattan stole 10 years from the DCU.
    No, I'm pretty sure the reason they skirted around that is because Geoff Johns had the story planned in doomsday clock. Heck, they even start the first issue of doomsday clock with the kent's dying in the car crash, a new 52 change.

Which makes me really nervous about Doomsday Clock erasing whatever remains of New 52 in the Superman-line (which already almost amounts to nothing). Then again, I've already lost almost all interest in those books (save New Super-Man) so I guess I don't have a horse in this race anymore. I just hope that whatever happens in Supersons will remains contained in there in the future and not overlapse with the Batbooks (which are basically all I pull anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure the reason they skirted around that is because Geoff Johns had the story planned in doomsday clock. Heck, they even start the first issue of doomsday clock with the kent's dying in the car crash, a new 52 change.
    I expected that Mr. Oz would refer to the "Superman's split" in OZ Effect. The lack of a mention made me think that it was dropped. We'll see.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-17-2018 at 09:20 AM.