Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Strange speech suggests the opposite - Mephisto can't do anything with Peter and MJ love, so May can still be born and defeat him in the future. The question is whether this story will continue, or will it just remain "hope for a better future" because the editors for some reason do not want to touch it.
    But I am convinced that they will get married in the anniversary issue.
    Marvel stopped Spencer from dealing with OMD. Spencer never got to have anything resolved on Peter/MJ's side with Kindred, it was completely retooled last minute to be Norman's sins only. This was supposed to be about something Peter did and needed to confess to, Marvel stopped that. They don't want to have Peter admit that the deal anything he needs to "confess" or that it was wrong in any way.

Kindred went on and on and on about Peter's sin, the one that made Kindred into what he was. Peter MADE KINDRED according to ASM 55. That was retconned by editorial and it was Norman/Harry only who made Kindred.

There is no way they will get married again.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-29-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Alright, so why they hell they let him to even start this story? It's impossible that they didn't know his intentions to address this piece of shit. They could just ignore it, instead of bringing it up.
    Yeah, they're idiots, everybody knows that, but it's too much, isn't it?

Alright, so why they hell they let him to even start this story? It's impossible that they didn't know his intentions to address this piece of shit. They could just ignore it, instead of bringing it up.
    This is what I think:

I think Nick Lowe and the Spider office were on board with Spencer's story but senior Marvel editorial outside of Spider office found out about what Spencer wanted to do to address OMD and stopped it and made him change. Apparently around the time of Last Remains Spencer was told he could not make Harry Osborn the bad guy, so he was forced to change Kindred to be someone other than Harry.

So to try to make it still make sense he changed it from Harry being Kindred, to Sarah and Gabriel being Kindred and had a computer AI control them with Harry's memories instead, while the real Harry is just a victim in hell, not Kindred.

The other thing is he could not address OMD and make it about Peter's deal with Mephisto being behind Kindred, so he had to change it to Mephisto is behind Sarah and Gabriel and AI Harry are responsible for Kindred, then you have Norman's sin and deal with Mephisto causing everything and Peter's confession is never addressed.

Spencer never planned to have Peter and MJ marry again but was working within the lines of what was allowed to address OMD. Once more details got out, it probably rubbed someone in editorial the wrong way and was told he had to change the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Marvel stopped Spencer from dealing with OMD. Spencer never got to have anything resolved on Peter/MJ's side with Kindred, it was completely retooled last minute to be Norman's sins only. This was supposed to be about something Peter did and needed to confess to, Marvel stopped that. They don't want to have Peter admit that the deal anything he needs to "confess" or that it was wrong in any way.

Kindred went on and on and on about Peter's sin, the one that made Kindred into what he was. Peter MADE KINDRED according to ASM 55. That was retconned by editorial and it was Norman/Harry only who made Kindred.

There is no way they will get married again.
    HOUSE OF IDEAS EVERYONE
    More like house of stagnation.

Astonishing Member

You got it right. There is plenty of blame to go around. The single biggest winner? Dan Slott. He cannot be blamed for what just happened. Biggest loser? Tie: Spencer and Marvel. Spencer could have been a hero if he got rid of OMD and Marvel could have made readers happy if he did. I know the Nick Spencer Kool Aid drinkers are happy with no more Sins Past, but in the end his run was one missed opportunity.

Spectacular Member

This is what I think:

I think Nick Lowe and the Spider office were on board with Spencer's story but senior Marvel editorial outside of Spider office found out about what Spencer wanted to do to address OMD and stopped it and made him change. Apparently around the time of Last Remains Spencer was told he could not make Harry Osborn the bad guy, so he was forced to change Kindred to be someone other than Harry.

So to try to make it still make sense he changed it from Harry being Kindred, to Sarah and Gabriel being Kindred and had a computer AI control them with Harry's memories instead, while the real Harry is just a victim in hell, not Kindred.

The other thing is he could not address OMD and make it about Peter's deal with Mephisto being behind Kindred, so he had to change it to Mephisto is behind Sarah and Gabriel and AI Harry are responsible for Kindred, then you have Norman's sin and deal with Mephisto causing everything and Peter's confession is never addressed.

Spencer never planned to have Peter and MJ marry again but was working within the lines of what was allowed to address OMD. Once more details got out, it probably rubbed someone in editorial the wrong way and was told he had to change the plans.
    Pretty sure Nick jumping ship to be a broker for substack didn't help either

Astonishing Member

We really need Spencer to do some interview about it to clear it up.

Spectacular Member

We really need Spencer to do some interview about it to clear it up.
    How long before we get a JMS style interview from Spencer claiming he had no hand in the final issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    Pretty sure Nick jumping ship to be a broker for substack didn't help either
    That's where it's fuzzy. In Oct 2020 Spencer's interview implied he was here for the long haul, he had big plans where everything was going to count and lead to an epic conclusion. He was 100% saying Kindred was Harry in interview. This is around when Last Remains was coming out and Spencer was under the impression he could follow through with his plans for the book.

Now we know at a retreat in Dec 2020, plans for Beyond for formulated. At this time I believe Spencer was informed he would have to change who Kindred was and change his ending and he couldn't tell the story he wanted. Because they knew the ending was going to be a mess this helped them for the idea for Beyond.

Spencer's leaving for substack didn't happen until May or June 2021.

So to me it's almost like Spencer left after finding out he couldn't tell the story he wanted. There is a small chance he left because substack deal was too good to pass up and told Marvel at the end of 2020 and that's why they came up with beyond and changed his story around that, but I find it highly unlikely given how many months went by before news of Spencer's departure came out. Obviously he left on bad terms. Oct 2020 was his last interview and he has been quiet ever since. I believe Marvel pulled the rug out from under him and then he got lucky with substack offer after to find another job since his Spider-Man run became so unsatisfactory to him.

Fantastic Member

If the way Spencer was “thanked” by Lowe at the end of the issue is true, that ranks as one of the bigger dick moves in recent years. Wow. Just terrible all around.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Fantastic Member

That's where it's fuzzy. In Oct 2020 Spencer's interview implied he was here for the long haul, he had big plans where everything was going to count and lead to an epic conclusion. He was 100% saying Kindred was Harry in interview. This is around when Last Remains was coming out and Spencer was under the impression he could follow through with his plans for the book.

Now we know at a retreat in Dec 2020, plans for Beyond for formulated. At this time I believe Spencer was informed he would have to change who Kindred was and change his ending and he couldn't tell the story he wanted. Because they knew the ending was going to be a mess this helped them for the idea for Beyond.

Spencer's leaving for substack didn't happen until May or June 2021.

So to me it's almost like Spencer left after finding out he couldn't tell the story he wanted. There is a small chance he left because substack deal was too good to pass up and told Marvel at the end of 2020 and that's why they came up with beyond and changed his story around that, but I find it highly unlikely given how many months went by before news of Spencer's departure came out. Obviously he left on bad terms. Oct 2020 was his last interview and he has been quiet ever since. I believe Marvel pulled the rug out from under him and then he got lucky with substack offer after to find another job since his Spider-Man run became so unsatisfactory to him.
    Are there links to these interviews you’ve dated? Would like to read em.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Are there links to these interviews you’ve dated? Would like to read em.
    Oct 16th, 2020:
    https://www.cbr.com/nick-spencer-ama...ins-interview/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    How long before we get a JMS style interview from Spencer claiming he had no hand in the final issues?
    I mean they f*cked Leah Williams over for which she got a lot of hate, turns out they changed the issue and they didn't even tell her until it was released or something

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean they f*cked Leah Williams over for which she got a lot of hate, turns out they changed the issue and they didn't even tell her until it was released or something
    I almost wonder if Spencer turned in the final issue and Gage rewrote some of it for Marvel to not include more OMD stuff. Gage's involvment in "helping" Spencer write the end of his run was completely out of left field. It as not advertised at all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    People say fandom is toxic but I can't begin to imagine how it must be for creators working at marvel