Page 143 of 590 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 8841
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Don't you think Fox knows how the fanbase feels about Singer? People freak the fuck out about him nonstop , it's all over The Gifted social media etc
    If they'd know about Singer, they'd also know about Kinberg and J-Law.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

In more recent news, you also just posted a video a few weeks ago about shaving your head again for the new X-Men movie—it seems like you haven't had much of a chance to get attached to it lately.
    I've had about a year! I've just been at home, looking after my kid really, since last August. So no, I've been hirsute for a little while. But I'm not bothered, man, I quite like it. It's nice for a change. It's hot as **** up here in Montreal at the moment, so it's quite nice.

What are you most looking forward to now working on X-Men: Dark Phoenix?

I'm really looking forward to working with Simon [Kinberg]. Simon and Hutch [Parker] are just of the best producers I've ever worked with. He's a great writer, Simon, and they've both had a bit of input in the last few movies, and I'm really excited to see them do what they're gonna do now. Now that Bryan's gone, the two of them are gonna have some kind of different ideas. So I'm just really excited to see what they're gonna do. As a colleague who loves working with [Simon], and also as a friend, I'm just so excited to see what he's going to be like as a director.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Two X-Men films out recently without Singer's involvement did very well, Deadpool and Logan. Kinberg won't fail. Singer just didn't do anything innovative as he got stuck creatively with his X-Men movies.
    Based on interviews going back to 2014 Singer wanted to play with the concept of time loops. The problem was that he didn't have it mentioned in the film. An example of "show don't tell" gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Based on interviews going back to 2014 Singer wanted to play with the concept of time loops. The problem was that he didn't have it mentioned in the film. An example of "show don't tell" gone wrong.
    How the F can it be a time loop when the future literally changed?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    In more recent news, you also just posted a video a few weeks ago about shaving your head again for the new X-Men movie—it seems like you haven't had much of a chance to get attached to it lately.
    I've had about a year! I've just been at home, looking after my kid really, since last August. So no, I've been hirsute for a little while. But I'm not bothered, man, I quite like it. It's nice for a change. It's hot as **** up here in Montreal at the moment, so it's quite nice.

What are you most looking forward to now working on X-Men: Dark Phoenix?

I'm really looking forward to working with Simon [Kinberg]. Simon and Hutch [Parker] are just of the best producers I've ever worked with. He's a great writer, Simon, and they've both had a bit of input in the last few movies, and I'm really excited to see them do what they're gonna do now. Now that Bryan's gone, the two of them are gonna have some kind of different ideas. So I'm just really excited to see what they're gonna do. As a colleague who loves working with [Simon], and also as a friend, I'm just so excited to see what he's going to be like as a director.
    Yeah it'll be a bit of a tightrope how they answer such questions. Don't want to just bash Singer but they HAVE to have been exposed to the Singer hate from fans. There's no way they don't know it's out there.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Ever seen any of the Final Destination films? That's what I mean by time loop. You can't fight fate.

BANNED

Except it didn't. Logan shows that mutants still ultimately wind up on the verge of extinction. The only thing that's different in the new timeline is the circumstances, and that the world wasn't reduced to a Skynet hellscape along with them.

Ever seen any of the Final Destination films? That's what I mean by time loop. You can't fight fate.

I've grown to appreciate your unwavering grit

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except it didn't. Logan shows that mutants still ultimately wind up on the verge of extinction..
    I love that Logan shat all over the OT happy ending farewell DoFP.

Was so sick of hearing you can't do this or that because of the stupid ending
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 07-08-2017 at 09:11 AM.

That's not really a time loop that's just fate. The first Terminator film was a time loop by itself Skynet sends a terminator to kill their greatest threat before he is born only for that action to be the event that created him.

Beast was pretty textual in talking about that in DOFP.

It's not one or two specific characters. Several important characters get shafted so that the precious few can shine.

It's a bad X-Men adaptation if it's not about X-Men.

Any fans that think X-Men is a team and a family, won't like the movies.
    So I guess you're just gonna speak for me now and my preferences as a fan?

I think those things about X-Men, and I think the movies are excellent.

Considering that these movies are about characters like Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman, Storm, all characters who are X-Men characters, then yes, these movies are about X-Men.

That's not what a time loop is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except it didn't. Logan shows that mutants still ultimately wind up on the verge of extinction. The only thing that's different in the new timeline is the circumstances, and that the world wasn't reduced to a Skynet hellscape along with them.
    So, I stand corrected. The future literally changed.

Guys, do you just want to argue because you can't take a single criticism of your favourite franchise? Like are you hearing yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Considering that these movies are about characters like Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Jean Grey, Rogue, Iceman, Storm, all characters who are X-Men characters, then yes, these movies are about X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    So I guess you're just gonna speak for me now and my preferences as a fan?

I think those things about X-Men, and I think the movies are excellent.
    If you can say you don't understand how any X-fans can't like the movies...

Half of those are bad characters, and they play background fiddle. Thank you for including Mystique by the way.

I'm talking about X-Men. Not X-characters. What if a Fantastic Four movie focused mainly on Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus. And Johnny Storm as the front runner and Reed, Sue and Ben in the background?

That's not what a time loop is.
    Lack of a better word.

Guys, do you just want to argue because you can't take a single criticism of your favourite franchise? Like are you hearing yourselves?
    I wasn't really commenting on a criticism. I was telling that guy what the real problem with that movie was.