Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I'm more on the Kitty/Illyana train myself. But I'd be fine with Kitty/Rachel to.

BANNED

Illyana's moved on to Dani if that recent annual's anything to go by.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Rachel's toxic hetero history isn't the only reason to just finally out her. Claremont so obviously writing her as in love with Kitty for most of their time together is the biggest reason. He literally made them a couple (with kids!) in The End.
    Yeah, to me, it's the culmination of developments that make sense. Look at Alan Davis writing Excalibur in Days of Futures Yet to Come:

Katemylove.jpg

Seriously, the "My Love" and "I Wish we Could Touch" is only slightly more subtle than the cake seduction scene with Kitty earlier (drawn by Davis as well).

In fact, one of the reasons I'm excited about X-Men: Gold is my hope that they actually explore the Kitty/Rachel relationship a bit.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Though back during their time CC and such had many of the characters with fluid sexuality at times or at least had things happen that could be construed in more than one way, though I'd say that Rachel and Kitty are both straight as far as I can tell...

Ultimate Member

Well if Claremont had his way, all of his characters would probably be LGBT. That being said, Kitty and Rachel certainly have had more "teases" to it than most (Illyana as well).

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Who has time for fun when there are super heroics required?!
    Dazzler does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though back during their time CC and such had many of the characters with fluid sexuality at times or at least had things happen that could be construed in more than one way, though I'd say that Rachel and Kitty are both straight as far as I can tell...
    You also think Psylocke is straight.

Ultimate Member

Because she is...I haven't seen her have any interest in any woman except for Cluster who used to be Fantomex, and she hasn't had any interest in Cluster in over a year if Cluster even still exists at all...

Kitty and Rachel are only straight because in fiction pretty much everyone is straight until told otherwise. And that's a terrible norm.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    If it didn't hurt my soul to 'ship', I would ship Karma/Kitty but in a way I am satisfied by how Mekanix kind of drew that platonic line there.

Anything is better than PaPa Piotr coming back to reclaim his school-girl. Gross.
    Oh god.

What was Claremont thinking with the whole "18-year-old to 13-year-old" thing and every X-Men thinking that was ok. Yeah, Metanix established them as friends but that should have been the turning point of Kitty and every writer putting her in OOC hetero relationships.
    Also, what if, to throw everyone off, Marvel puts Rachel and Illyana together?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Kitty and Rachel are only straight because in fiction pretty much everyone is straight until told otherwise. And that's a terrible norm.
    Yeah, I had to be told that Kitty and Rachel both had a boyfriends...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, I had to be told that Kitty and Rachel both had a boyfriends...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Oh god.

What was Claremont thinking with the whole "18-year-old to 13-year-old" thing and every X-Men thinking that was ok. Yeah, Metanix established them as friends but that should have been the turning point of Kitty and every writer putting her in OOC hetero relationships.
    Also, what if, to throw everyone off, Marvel puts Rachel and Illyana together?
    What were Joss Whedon and Marvel thinking when they "course-corrected" on their breakup and decided they were starcrossed lovers after all.

Ultimate Member

Odd since that's common knowledge not anything secret, but being straight until proven otherwise is the norm, it's not terrible(as both have been shown to be straight several times over so there was no uncertainty to either)...in my entire life I've only known one openly gay person out of the thousands that I've met...

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    What were Joss Whedon and Marvel thinking when they "course-corrected" on their breakup and decided they were starcrossed lovers after all.
    Probably because whedon felt nostalgia for the romance I honestly wish they gave up on the relationship altogether and that they simply would've just moved on but to be fair at least kitty was like I would assume 21 at this point because we do know that some time does and has passed since she first joined the X-men and even since the mid 90's to the present marvel have actually portrayed and drawn kitty as someone whose in her late teens to early twenties.