Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I will always love bringing up Futures End because it is one of the absolute worse stories DC has done. No one remembers it or cares and I think that's worse than even something like HiC. Stories should make you feel SOMETHING but if it doesn't make you feel anything, not even canon, and is a boring depressing mess with the whole story being pointless then you have failed spectacularly.

Seriously it baffles me that it was made and was a huge maxi-series that just seemingly doesn't exist. Also pretty much everyone has a bad design in it.
    I skipped on Futures End because they said it happens 5 years later, and I was like, B, you can't even maintain continuity in the present, don't even.

Dr. Polaris is Grant's uncle.
    really? when did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I skipped on Futures End because they said it happens 5 years later, and I was like, B, you can't even maintain continuity in the present, don't even.
    The funny thing is that the continuity didn't even matter because the story that started in future with everyone dead still comes to pass just with a few more heroes alive.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    really? when did this happen?
    You can read more about it here.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Neal_Emerson_(New_Earth)

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I will always love bringing up Futures End because it is one of the absolute worse stories DC has done. No one remembers it or cares and I think that's worse than even something like HiC. Stories should make you feel SOMETHING but if it doesn't make you feel anything, not even canon, and is a boring depressing mess with the whole story being pointless then you have failed spectacularly.

Seriously it baffles me that it was made and was a huge maxi-series that just seemingly doesn't exist. Also pretty much everyone has a bad design in it.
    I keep forgetting Future's End existed and I actually picked up some of the one-shots...

Probably the biggest impact it had was giving Batman Beyond a new series but we didn't even have Terry as Batman in it until Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I keep forgetting Future's End existed and I actually picked up some of the one-shots...

Probably the biggest impact it had was giving Batman Beyond a new series but we didn't even have Terry as Batman in it until Rebirth.
    The whole storyline was just to set up Tim as Batman Beyond. Who was asking for that?

The whole storyline was just to set up Tim as Batman Beyond. Who was asking for that?
    Oh my gosh when that was revealed I thought... people are going to be so maad XD

Seriously though when is DC gonna do an Atomics/Atom team book? I want to see Ray and Ryan team up with the Als and Grant. This is an idea that I don't want to let go of.

Seriously though when is DC gonna do an Atomics/Atom team book? I want to see Ray and Ryan team up with the Als and Grant. This is an idea that I don't want to let go of.
    Johns teased it could happen, but either it got stalled with a lot of other Rebirth stuff or is never happening at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Johns teased it could happen, but either it got stalled with a lot of other Rebirth stuff or is never happening at all...
    Booooooooooo.

I’ve been saying this for years........well not a Al & Grant book because I don’t really care for either of them.........but you could have a hell of a time with a Ray and Ryan book. Goofy sci-fi adventure! But no one seems to care for the little guy.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I’ve been saying this for years........well not a Al & Grant book because I don’t really care for either of them.........but you could have a hell of a time with a Ray and Ryan book. Goofy sci-fi adventure! But no one seems to care for the little guy.
    it gret idea.

I think including Al Pratt, Al Rothstein and Damage in there would make it so much fun having different characters in there with different powers.

Having just Ray and Ryan, who is kinda just a cheaper version, would not be as fun.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    it gret idea.

I think including Al Pratt, Al Rothstein and Damage in there would make it so much fun having different characters in there with different powers.

Having just Ray and Ryan, who is kinda just a cheaper version, would not be as fun.
    I think having any variation of these characters would be fun.

This book description said Ray's first appearance is silver age Showcase #34 but that issue's not on digital yet so for now only this collection has the preview of his introduction

637611._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

This is probably my favorite Atom story! It’s a two part fun story where Chronos breaks time and Ray has to fix it.

0E43F845-F4EF-4709-B626-820E683EC9E5.jpg
    Last edited by Jekyll; 01-05-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!