Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Garth AND Donna!!
    Really? Now I gotta check it out.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Really? Now I gotta check it out.
    They only have one scene but hey they have more respect and love in this one scene than DC has given then post New 52.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

They only have one scene but hey they have more respect and love in this one scene than DC has given then post New 52.
    That's not that hard to do.

Do they talk in the scene?

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

That's not that hard to do.

Do they talk in the scene?
    Yeah, not directly to each other. They are ambassadors at a UN meeting.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I noticed both his Aqualad and Tempest costumes were red so was the blue a New 52 Rebirth thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I noticed both his Aqualad and Tempest costumes were red so was the blue a New 52 Rebirth thing?
    Yes Rebirth is when he started wearing blue in the comics. The animated series first introduced him wearing blue to wider audiences.

Personally I think purple fits him better because of his eye color and it's a combination of his two outfit colors.

Yeah the last time he had blue on was when he was Aqualad. His current Tempest look is kinda like his TT cartoon look.

Yeah, not directly to each other. They are ambassadors at a UN meeting.
    Nice. If any one has any screen shots it would be appreciated. I haven't been able to catch the episodes yet.

It could really go blue or red since his original.costume was both.

He had all red in his first Tempest suit and his Rebirth Aqualad one. But he has all blue in the TT cartoon, the YJ show and now in his Rebirth Titans suit. So it can really go either way. Or they can just combine both colors again.

I'm trying to figure out wich color I prefer more. I think his first red Tempest suit is the best looking but blue might match him more with the whole aqua thing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Nice. If any one has any screen shots it would be appreciated. I haven't been able to catch the episodes yet.

It could really go blue or red since his original.costume was both.

He had all red in his first Tempest suit and his Rebirth Aqualad one. But he has all blue in the TT cartoon, the YJ show and now in his Rebirth Titans suit. So it can really go either way. Or they can just combine both colors again.

I'm trying to figure out wich color I prefer more. I think his first red Tempest suit is the best looking but blue might match him more with the whole aqua thing.
    Well if we're talking original original it's definitely red.

Aqua.jpg

Oh, New 52 definitely take after this then. I didn't watch Teen Titans cartoon so this is the first time I see this.

I also can't decide which one I prefer. The original red Aqualad is like Aquaman's costume in that they're supposed to resemble a fish, but the blue refer to the ocean.

...Oh who am I kidding, the reason I dislike Aquaman's orange costume is because it makes him looks like a fish, so ocean theme all the way ^^

It will be nice if Garth/Tempest make appearances in Aquaman comic this year as well Titans, also echo what somebody else said on this thread it will be good if writers utilise Garth more magic powers it sets apart not mention makes him most powerful member of Aqua family with his magic powers could make appearances in justice league dark.

Putting Garth in JLD would be ineteresting, although I don't really view his magic abilities in the same field as thiers.

Garth doesn't really deal with spirits and demons but I think his magic is more elemental. Controlling the weather and nature and such. Thus the name Tempest.

It fits in the Aquaman family as Aquamans trident (sometimes) has elemental powers and Mera has aquakinesis. Garth is just much more powerful and can do a lot more but is in the same field as them.

It's actually a very good position to be in. He fits In his family but is also unique. Now if only they would use this it could be great.

Astonishing Member

I think Garth's current costume is perhaps my favorite costume he's ever had.

I'm an Aquaman/Aqua-Fam junkie but upon re-reading New Teen Titans recently I literally occasionally did double-takes when Garth shows up to help as he does on occasion because red seems such a strange color for an aquatic character to wear. (and Tula, in yellow, similarly). And I dug his old Silver Age looks! But his modern costume feels so good to me that it's actually making me confused when I read old stories. That's pretty good costume designing.

So Garth is pretty rad. Not that he ever had the ultimate highlight storyline and he gets jerked around by events and stuff a lot. First girlfriend surreptitiously killed in COIE. Second girlfriend and baby surreptitiously killed in ... was it Infinite Crisis? Kind of a running joke, then ... culminating horribly in Blackest Night, of course. Getting Rebooted was the best thing that could ever happen to the poor guy.

But I like his roots as a superstitiously mocked and mistreated Atlantean homeless kid who is secretly basically the Prince of Shayeris, son of Queen Berra and King Thar of the Idyllists, one of the lost Atlantean cities, not quite part of the main kingdom itself, sort of a colony of Idyllists. From a bloodline noted for having purple irises. Not only is it a point of connection with Mera's backstory (at least, now, in retroactive/retcon hindsight) as Aquaman continued to befriend people from even the lost or rebel Atlantean realms even as he had more and more contention with the core city of Atlantis itself ... it's also, even though they didn't know it at the time ... so Game of Thronesy, and as we know from the Johns/Parker/Abnett runs ... that stuff just works better in Aquaman than anywhere else in the DC Universe.

Bloodlines. Hereditary stuff like hair and eye color. Ancient family curses. Ancient family SPACE curses. Oh man, sign me up, always.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I think Garth's current costume is perhaps my favorite costume he's ever had.

I'm an Aquaman/Aqua-Fam junkie but upon re-reading New Teen Titans recently I literally occasionally did double-takes when Garth shows up to help as he does on occasion because red seems such a strange color for an aquatic character to wear. (and Tula, in yellow, similarly). And I dug his old Silver Age looks! But his modern costume feels so good to me that it's actually making me confused when I read old stories. That's pretty good costume designing.

So Garth is pretty rad. Not that he ever had the ultimate highlight storyline and he gets jerked around by events and stuff a lot. First girlfriend surreptitiously killed in COIE. Second girlfriend and baby surreptitiously killed in ... was it Infinite Crisis? Kind of a running joke, then ... culminating horribly in Blackest Night, of course. Getting Rebooted was the best thing that could ever happen to the poor guy.

But I like his roots as a superstitiously mocked and mistreated Atlantean homeless kid who is secretly basically the Prince of Shayeris, son of Queen Berra and King Thar of the Idyllists, one of the lost Atlantean cities, not quite part of the main kingdom itself, sort of a colony of Idyllists. From a bloodline noted for having purple irises. Not only is it a point of connection with Mera's backstory (at least, now, in retroactive/retcon hindsight) as Aquaman continued to befriend people from even the lost or rebel Atlantean realms even as he had more and more contention with the core city of Atlantis itself ... it's also, even though they didn't know it at the time ... so Game of Thronesy, and as we know from the Johns/Parker/Abnett runs ... that stuff just works better in Aquaman than anywhere else in the DC Universe.

Bloodlines. Hereditary stuff like hair and eye color. Ancient family curses. Ancient family SPACE curses. Oh man, sign me up, always.
    I personally was not a fan of him secretly being a prince because that seems way too similar to Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I personally was not a fan of him secretly being a prince because that seems way too similar to Arthur.
    Personally I don't really mind if Garth is royalty or not. I think even if he was faced with the opportunity to rule, he wouldn't take it.

I've always thought of Garth when with Arthur that he was a squire wanting to become a knight. At his core he's a protector who does his best by physically trying to help whomever rather than just talking about it. That's how I feel anyway.

Agreed. Garth is just an all around good guy. He sometimes gets overshadowed by the other stronger personalities in the fab 5, like Wally and Roy, but he is essential to the team.

Not like his Namor personality they gave him in Rebirth.