Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I have to give Disney some credit after seeing they had Fox Searchlight release Hitler Reacting to Jojo Rabbit
    Jokes aside is disney keeping fox serachlight?

WebLurker;4552736]No, it's just basic logic and understanding of how accurate polling works. The forum poll is just a "for fun" thing. That is all.
    the logic and understanding will come from the source material. xmen takes place in the marvel universe that should be acknowledged. they have worked more as self contained and can do just as well in their own universe even if you take away the larger universe.

That's neither here nor there; the two companies couldn't come to an agreement and split. Some people have spoken against this, others have spoken in favor, but neither are exactly going to change anything. (I also find it funny that you keep invoking Sony as being the ones who know best with Spidey, when, according to them, they wanted to keep the MCU deal going, the exact opposite of what you want.)
    the deal is not worth it. sony has seen that internally. fans have reminded them they made the best spiderman films and can do it again without the mcu crossover.

"No true Scotsman" is not a good gatekeeping tactic.
    Not from my experiences. usually anyone I see on any xmen thread that hates films like deadpool or X2 only and ONLY because it is not part of the mcu is more of an mcu fan. I also look out for inconsistencies the few times they comment. I said it already, marvel fans in general are not loyal to any studio. fox, sony disney. marvel fans have never cared who made marvel movies.

Because the movies were good in and of themselves (look up my old posts if you want a refresher on the reasons why some of us think so). Look, I never read those comics, so I come to the movie from a very different place then you do. What makes that position invalid, considering that the movies are designed so that reading the comics isn't needed to enjoy them?
    Really had to sell this to many non MCU fans, especially the comics guys.
    Marvel Studios does not produce the cartoons. As far as the crossover universe thing, you seem to be forgetting that the MCU has a mix of crossover stories and solo stories. (Come to think of it, that's just like the comics they're based on. Weird, isn't it?)
    Disney is responsible for the movies and cartoons. its not even marvel cartoons are bad, is that disney actually based their cartoons of the movies, so in a way, its still a crossover of some sort. disney now sees all marvel with the mcu lense.

You lost me.
    I was reminding you, myself of what would have been if Kinberg got fired, Mangold made his X23 movie and Christopher McQuarrie took over as planned to create an xmen universe. I would place my bet it would have been a far better xmen future than xmen joining the disney crossover universe.

Would like to see an X-23 project of some kind get off the ground. Heck, the All-New Wolverine comics would make for a great animated series, maybe something for the Y7 crowd, like the 2012 TMNT cartoon?
    Disney does not like the fact that X23 even exists. I don't think she would be showing up again.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-06-2019 at 10:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah how can you have an informed opinion about a show you've missed 2 out of 3 seasons of?lol
    Logical reasons man. Haven't you been taking diligent notes?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Logical reasons man. Haven't you been taking diligent notes?
    Oh yes I've been observing from the shadows. Quietly soaking up the logic until the day my Spock ears touch the ceiling and then I will hatch my evil plan...

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Jokes aside is disney keeping fox serachlight?

the logic and understanding will come from the source material. xmen takes place in the marvel universe that should be acknowledged. they have worked more as self contained and can do just as well in their own universe even if you take away the larger universe.

the deal is not worth it. sony has seen that internally. fans have reminded them they made the best spiderman films and can do it again without the mcu crossover.

Not from my experiences. usually anyone I see on any xmen thread that hates films like deadpool or X2 only and ONLY because it is not part of the mcu is more of an mcu fan. I also look at for inconsistencies the few times they comment. I said it already, marvel fans in general are not loyal to any studio. fox, sony disney. marvel fans have never cared who made marvel movies.

Disney is responsible for the movies and cartoons. its not even marvel cartoons are bad, is that disney actually based their cartoons of the movies, so in a way, its still a crossover of some sort. disney now sees all marvel with the mcu lense.

I was reminding you, myself of what would have been if Kinberg got fired, Mangold made his X23 movie and Christopher McQuarrie took over as planned to create an xmen universe. I would place my bet it would have been a far better xmen future than xmen joining the disney crossover universe.

Disney does not like the fact that X23 even exists. I don't think she would be showing up again.
    Disney does not like the fact that X23 exists? Where do you get this stuff from?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Disney does not like the fact that X23 exists? Where do you get this stuff from?
    I think the fact that she's a young teenage heroine attached to a high profile character almost guarantees that Disney will use her down the line.

Marvel did animation and film synergy before Disney was involved.

What you think it was coincidence the American Xavier had a slight British in X-Men Evolution? How about that originally Mystique was going to be nude until Kids WB killed that idea.

2009 X-Men Origins the Wolverine comes out and that same year the new X-Men cartoon is Wolverine centric with his name getting top bill.

Its good marketing kids watch the movies and want to see those versions of characters front and center on their cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the fact that she's a young teenage heroine attached to a high profile character almost guarantees that Disney will use her down the line.
    Yea they also made her the New Wolverine long after Disney bought them. I mean hes back so iono if she still goes by Wolverine anymore but X23 is just WHAT Disney likes. I can see he being in the Champions with Ms Marvel and Riri in the furure(Or young Avengers whatever they wanna call it).

Uh, yeah, but what does that have to do with the accuracy or lack thereof of statistics?

the deal is not worth it.
    The kudos and box office success suggest otherwise.

sony has seen that internally. fans have reminded them they made the best spiderman films and can do it again without the mcu crossover.
    After Venom, I'm not holding my breath.

Not from my experiences. usually anyone I see on any xmen thread that hates films like deadpool or X2 only and ONLY because it is not part of the mcu is more of an mcu fan. I also look at for inconsistencies the few times they comment. I said it already, marvel fans in general are not loyal to any studio. fox, sony disney. marvel fans have never cared who made marvel movies.
    There's no such thing as a true Scotsman. You'd do well to get out of that mindset.

IDIC, man. That is all.

Okay. So what's the problem?

The sale would've happened irregardless of who was working on the movies.

Source, if you please.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Intuition. Also Disney like you people say is a very family friendly brand. But let's look at what we know so far.

Disney hardly ever brings up Logan,only deadpool whenever they dicuss R

Disney portrayed Spiderman more like a 6 year old kid and he is older than Luara

Disney would never show kids acting violent in movies.

Laura was not even the first kid to act violent in the xmen movies, Magneto killed people as a kid in a pg 13 film. That content would never make it to a disney movie not even in the context of a young magneto not acting in the content of a first degree murderer.

If they use her it won't obviously be like Logan did. she would be much much watered down than spiderman. I doubt she would even have claws. what disney might do is to age her up.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-06-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Intuition. Also Disney like you people say is a very family friendly brand. But let's look at what we know so far.

Disney portrayed Spiderman more like a 6 year old kid and he is older than Luara

Laura was not even the first kid to act violent in the xmen movies, Magneto killed people as kid in a pg 13 film. That content would never make it to a disney movie not even the context of a young magneto not acting in the content of a first degree murderer.

If they use her it won't obviously be like Logan did. she would be much much watered down than spiderman. I doubt she would even have claws. what disney might do is to age her up.
    Wow... we clearly have very different views on how Disney will handle her.

I DO think she'll have claws because she's a freaking Wolverine. I DON'T think they'll age her up because having a teenage heroine will have a lot of potential value in terms of lisensing. I think one of the biggest appeals of her is that she's a teenage girl.

Wow... we clearly have very different views on how Disney will handle her.

I DO think she'll have claws because she's a freaking Wolverine. I DON'T think they'll age her up because having a teenage heroine will have a lot of potential value in terms of lisensing. I think one of the biggest appeals of her is that she's a teenage girl.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...150000371.html
    Tom Holland Explains Why His Spider-Man "Never Actually Punches Anyone"
    "You've seen the billionaire, the scientist, the soldier. Now it's time to see the kid," the Spider-Man: Homecoming star says in this week's Hollywood Reporter cover story. "And every decision we make on set is based off, 'How would a kid react in this situation?' so every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so he never actually punches anyone. It's all done kind of by accident. I think the biggest difference is his youth and innocence."

As you can see from Holland's own mouth how disney see kids in comic movies. Another reason I am glad spiderman iron boy is out of crossovers. sam raimi would never settle for this. he didn't. Please remind me again why this was never made by disney XD?

I think it is safe to say disney would never portray kids as some of their comics have done even other marvel cartoons and marvel movies like logan, xmen evolution or xmen first class.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-06-2019 at 10:54 PM.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...150000371.html
    Tom Holland Explains Why His Spider-Man "Never Actually Punches Anyone"
    "You've seen the billionaire, the scientist, the soldier. Now it's time to see the kid," the Spider-Man: Homecoming star says in this week's Hollywood Reporter cover story. "And every decision we make on set is based off, 'How would a kid react in this situation?' so every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so he never actually punches anyone. It's all done kind of by accident. I think the biggest difference is his youth and innocence."

As you can see from Holland's own mouth how disney see kids in comic movies. Another reason I am glad spiderman iron boy is out. sam raimi would never settle for this. he did'nt.

Please remind me again why this was never made by disney XD?

How does disney sees teenage girls? maybe I should ask Miley Cyrus. I think it is safe to say disney would never portray kids as some of their comics have done.
    Spider-Mans suit in End Game had a freaking instant kill mode, so I'm not as worried as you are about this issue.

Spider-Mans suit in End Game had a freaking instant kill mode, so I'm not as worried as you are about this issue.
    It's not really solving the issue of how kids are shown in disney movies though. you can go back and forth on if his suit was on instant kill mode but that does not change anything of how disney see teens or kids

Suit in instant kill mode? strange. I remember his cameo in endgame and the exchange with captain marvel, its was one of the most child friendly moments of the movies. maybe it was holland's voice or the animated look of the movie in the final battle but I think it is very clear who Holland's spiderman's main target audience is from Disney's POV.

It's not really solving the issue of how kids are shown in disney movies though. you can go back and forth on if his suit was on instant kill mode but that does not change anything of how disney see teens or kids

Suit in instant kill mode? strange. I remember his cameo in endgame and the exchange with captain marvel, its was one of the most child friendly moments of the movies. maybe it was holland's voice or the animated look of the movie in the final battle but I think it is very clear who Holland's spiderman's main target audience is from Disney's POV.
    Not sure why one would need to go back and forth on if his suit was on instant kill mode, since he obviously activated instant kill mode at the end of the movie. He says it clear as day.

If the MCU allows a teenage Spider-Man to use lethal force and off like 2 dozen guys, I'm not too worried about whether or not X-23 has claws.
    Last edited by XPac; 09-06-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Laura was not even the first kid to act violent in the xmen movies, Magneto killed people as kid in a pg 13 film. That content would never make it to a disney movie not even in the context of a young magneto not acting in the content of a first degree murderer.

You keep saying this but its nonsense. They talk about Deadpool because there is suppose to be another Deadpool movie. There isnt gonna be another Logan movie, it's done. They will talk about Wolverine when they recast him and do their own project.

You keep making up imaginary lines Disney wont cross. Kids killing? Let's see what Kids are in the MCU. Spider-man he killed like 20 outsiders in Endgame and wient Halfsies ON ebony Maw with Ironman. Baby Groot killed atleast one dude in cold blood while he was running away and cut another's toe off, Teenage Groot killed a bunch of Outriders. Shuri doesnt kill anyone and neither does the kid from Ironman 3 that I can recall. There goes Disney messing things up by not having those 2 kids kill anyone yet. Marvel doesnt shy away from killing at all. To randomly draw the line at kids seems like something your pulling out of thin air. The Heroes have straight up murdered people and the couple kids they do have arent killess.on top of everything I mentioned Groots the one who actually killed Ego incase ravagers and Outriders arent enough.