Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait until this comes out! I am really glad to finally see a preview! I have been dying to see any news related to this series.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Ugh. Coven Akkaba jerks, oh no.
    Yeah, hopefully they are in it only briefly. They were the least interesting aspect of Excalibur( and that is really saying something).

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    JB you are my favorite newsman, manga-rogue is kinda of funny, let’s see where this is going!
    Aw thank you, it's always fun posting new stuff about our merry mutants! I'm very intrigued by all of this, and I wonder if that's Marianna Stern with the braid, a whole glow-up if so.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    In love with Manifold! Why is he not on every roster of every book?
    To be fair he could be on all the teams since he can teleport.

so far looks good

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    This looks fun.

Destiny needs an updated costume though.
    She decided to keep her classic one because her precognition showed her the new costume would not be popular among x-fans
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This looks really good, Carlos Gomez's art is always a treat.

Cautiously optimistic. I'd still like to see some Mystique in there rather than just Irene. But we shall see.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Aw thank you, it's always fun posting new stuff about our merry mutants! I'm very intrigued by all of this, and I wonder if that's Marianna Stern with the braid, a whole glow-up if so.
    Jbenito is my favorite everything.

I was getting nervous about the lack of interviews with Phillips since all the other new books already received their promo. Glad that this finally popped up.

Gomez’s art is gorgeous as always and I can’t wait. Especially thrilled to have it confirmed that this will actually tie into things in Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    In love with Manifold! Why is he not on every roster of every book?
    I think washing those oversized Sword clothes would take to much time

I'm not looking forward to Black Panthers' appearance but I hope this is a fun and good Romy series. Also, Carlos Gomez !
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    This looks fun.

Destiny needs an updated costume though.
    She's young again. She probably feels even better about showing off her cleavage and thighs .

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not looking forward to Black Panthers' appearance but I hope this is a fun and good Romy series. Also, Carlos Gomez !

She's young again. She probably feels even better about showing off her cleavage and thighs .
    It's definitely more appropriate now when she was like 80 and still sporting the same costume

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Jbenito is my favorite everything.
    You are the greatest! Miss you around here!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Cautiously optimistic. I'd still like to see some Mystique in there rather than just Irene. But we shall see.
    I disagree. Mystiques dynamic with R&G has been done to death, but we’ve barely seen it with Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I disagree. Mystiques dynamic with R&G has been done to death, but we’ve barely seen it with Destiny.
    Well, they haven't spoken even once on panel since MMX #1 in 2018, including before or after Destiny's resurrection. And I'm still extremely disappointed Rogue was cut out of that story entirely. It still feels like a huge oversight to me. But we haven't seen Rogue talk to both her mothers at once the entire Krakoa era. I guess I don't think a single panel would be so hard to include? Not asking Mystique to join the whole series.

We already know Mystique and Gambit dislike each other fervently and have only barely been able to set their differences aside in the past. I still feel like Destiny would have a slightly different view of Remy than Raven instead of this carbon copy of Mystique's antagonism towards him. I'm just asking for more nuance. As someone who believes Gambit is good for Rogue and she for him, I guess I'd hope Destiny would see that in her daughter's future(s) ... unless she is seeing X-Men: The End's end? I would think she'd be way less petty and more big picture. I hope to get more information/justification on where Destiny's hatred stems from during this series because she's literally never met Gambit, so all we can assume is she doesn't like what it means for Rogue's future if they're together.