Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    As silly as Paco acted in the JLD era I found the character enjoyable he was funny and well had a good vibe to him a pretty unique personality. I like that moment when Vibe and Steel got into a fight over Paco's sister it was hilarious.
    I agree. Paco just had tons of personality. Also, I'm a sucker for the idea of a superhero who dances.

- http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170222143421
    - http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/u...-Manhunter.jpg

I find it amazing that all those created for the Detroit era League have had pretty great CW-verse incarnations.
    Vibe on Flash
    Vixen on Green Arrow
    Steel on Legends
    Gypsy in Flash
    and with J'onn J'onzz on Supergirl.
    Would anyone like to see a crossover where these five team up for an episode?
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-04-2017 at 07:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I find it amazing that all those created for the Detroit era League have had pretty great CW-verse incarnations.
    Vibe on Flash
    Vixen on Green Arrow
    Steel on Legends
    Gypsy in Flash
    and with J'onn J'onzz on Supergirl.
    Would anyone like to see a crossover where these five team up for an episode?
    I don't regularly watch any of these shows, save for Legends because I find it hilariously bad, but if the 5 of them were brought together by Detroit Alum Ralph Dibney, I'd definitely tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    I don't regularly watch any of these shows, save for Legends because I find it hilariously bad, but if the 5 of them were brought together by Detroit Alum Ralph Dibney, I'd definitely tune in.
    Gypsy (and Vibe who has pretty-much harnesed the powers) in this universe are dimension breachers, she or Vibe could definitely jump from show to show collecting this team.

BANNED

Gypsy (and Vibe who has pretty-much harnesed the powers) in this universe are dimension breachers, she or Vibe could definitely jump from show to show collecting this team.
    I'd also want a reference, since they probably can't use him, for when they are all coming together, one of them says something like, "Who's next? Aquaman?" After all, he WAS their leader.

I'd also want a reference, since they probably can't use him, for when they are all coming together, one of them says something like, "Who's next? Aquaman?" After all, he WAS their leader.
    J'onn served as the leader for a good part of the run. He could lead them (even if I do find the J'onn in Supergirl kind of wimpy. He always has to take the fall as to not overshadow the star of the show).

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    J'onn served as the leader for a good part of the run. He could lead them (even if I do find the J'onn in Supergirl kind of wimpy. He always has to take the fall as to not overshadow the star of the show).

Peace
    I forget when J'onn took over. It was after the first year, right?

Also, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I like Smallville's Martian Manhunter more than Supergirls. Sure, he didn't get to do much often, but when he did, it was awesome. J'onn's one of my favorites DC heroes, 18th to be precise, and I really would like to see him get as much attention as at least the rest of the non-trinity founders.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    J'onn's one of my favorites DC heroes, 18th to be precise, and I really would like to see him get as much attention as at least the rest of the non-trinity founders.
    Hence the emphasis on J'onn, a crossover arc featuring this team-up, is precisely the kind of arc that could be used to focus on J'onn not sitting back and watching, but becoming leader of his own unique team!

With Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, and the Legends leads temporarily occupied, this particular group
    having to step up and be the lead heroes for a stint could be a fun arc.

Maybe with Gypsy lost to some multiverse threat, Vibe dimension jumps from show to show, seeking the others, and J'onn to lead the improvised team.

Also with J'onn sidelined as a JL founder in the comics, and in the upcoming JL movie, this would give him a moment to shine with his own ersatz League
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-07-2017 at 08:21 AM.

I have to confess, I haven't been watching Legends, but there is yet another Vixen on that show. She is the Vixen of the golden age and a JSA member Amaya Jiwe (played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers), retroactive predecessor and grandmother to Mari McCabe’s character played by Megalyn Echikunwoke on Arrow(pictured above^) .

That's pretty great!

Legends ^ Amaya Jiwe

And I'm finding out the Steel on Legends is Nate Heywood grandson of Commander Steel? As apposed to Hank? Is that right?
    Don't know if Legends has a contemporary Steel, to go with the hypothetical J'onzz team.
    Although seeing as Vibe is a multiverse breacher, I imagine he can pull from anywhere to assemble this fantasy team?
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-13-2017 at 04:29 AM.

I have to confess, I haven't been watching Legends, but there is yet another Vixen on that show. She is the Vixen of the golden age and a JSA member Amaya Jiwe (played by Maisie Richardson-Sellers), retroactive predecessor and grandmother to Mari McCabe’s character played by Megalyn Echikunwoke on Arrow(pictured above^) .

That's pretty great!

Legends ^ Amaya Jiwe

And I'm finding out the Steel on Legends is Nate Heywood grandson of Commander Steel? As apposed to Hank? Is that right?
    Don't know if Legends has a contemporary Steel, to go with the hypothetical J'onzz team.
    Although seeing as Vibe is a multiverse breacher, I imagine he can pull from anywhere to assemble this fantasy team?
    Sounds intriguing all things considered.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Hijacked from the other thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I loved the Vibe series. It makes no sense to me that with him being so visible on TV that character got sent off to limbo after that series ended. He should be in one of the Justice League books without a doubt.
    Agree maybe a cross over with the Flash book, and then spun into a new team book
    Similarly have Vixen cross over with Green Arrow then spun off into her own JL with Vibe, Gypsy, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    Both Vibe and Gypsy have plenty of potential ... especially with their New 52 recreations ... they need a Rebirth and need to be on a team.
    Borrowing some from their TV incarnations, would be great!
    Would love to see Vibe and Gypsy come together on their own team with Vixen and Steel, if Hank Heywood isn't canon, then how about John Henry Irons incarnation joins the team instead.
    That's a pretty great line-up.
    And with J'onn J'onnz written out of the Justice League canon, this frees him up to put together his own team.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-05-2017 at 03:38 PM.

BANNED

I wouldn't want a new JLD book without Ralph.

I wouldn't want a new JLD book without Ralph.
    By all means, putting this team back together again would be a great vehicle to bring him and Sue back.
    Have they even been accounted for post 52?
    I never finished Identity Crisis passed the thrilling splash-page of the raped, pregnant, chard body of Sue Dibny, so I'm not sure how that suposedly "mature" story ended. I assume Ralph died too? As I do remember fan-chatter of bringing him back as a ghost? Is that right?

I actually think having the E in Elongated simultaneously stand for Ectoplasm accounting for his stretchability, would actually be a great new twist on the character, (maybe someone existing or stretched between realms) giving his stretching and sleuthing more a supernatural bent. (and distinguishing him further from that other plastic guy) Otherwise his personality would be pretty much intact, with Sue his adventurous yet solid anchor in this realm.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-06-2017 at 08:01 AM.

BANNED

By all means, putting this team back together again would be a great vehicle to bring him and Sue back.
    Have they even been accounted for post 52?
    I never finished Identity Crisis passed the thrilling splash-page of the raped, pregnant, chard body of Sue Dibny, so I'm not sure how that suposedly "mature" story ended. I assume Ralph died too? As I do remember fan-chatter of bringing him back as a ghost? Is that right?
    Okay, long story short, Identity Crisis ended with the reveal that it was Ray Palmer's ex-wife Jean who killed Sue. (It was really dumb)

Later, Ralph was one of the main characters in the the weekly title, 52, which was quite honestly the best DC event of the 2000's, not that there was too much competition. Throughout that book, Ralph was working to find a way to bring Sue back to life. This ultimately resulted in both a crowning moment of awesome for Ralph, but also a dying moment of awesome. However, things still had a somewhat happy ending, as now both Ralph and Sue were spirit detectives. That's right, Ralph Dibney is Yuskue Yurimeshi. XD

In any case, that was the last we saw of them Pre-Flashpoint.

However, a few years ago, they returned thanks to the ever awesome Gail Simone within the pages of Secret Six, where Ralph was a main character. Ralph and Sue were alive again, having never died in this continuity, and by the end of the book, not only were they together with Ralph back as the Elongated Man, but they'd also basically adopted two of the DCU's deadliest teenage girls, Strix and Black Alice.

Last we saw, the family was happily living in suburbia with their neighbors Catman and Porcelain.

Honestly, while I want a new JLD team with Ralph on it, I'd absolutely LOVE a book about Ralph and his new family solving supernatural mysteries. It'd fit great in Young Animal.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Justice League Detroit Era omnibus coming in 2018.

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...it+era+omnibus