Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Robins seems to have a pretty major retcon. In his file Batman says that Steph saved his life when she disobeyed him. In the original story she got herself captured and so Scarab escaped.

I like it. Is a Great Improve

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Robins seems to have a pretty major retcon. In his file Batman says that Steph saved his life when she disobeyed him. In the original story she got herself captured and so Scarab escaped.
    Everything that Benefits her is welcome here.

Astonishing Member

I don't remember a lot about the story, but I think Stephanie mentioned she saved Batman's life when she disobeyed him in the original issue.

However, Batman doesn't recognize it.

I love it .

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't remember a lot about the story, but I think Stephanie mentioned she saved Batman's life when she disobeyed him in the original issue.

He is a Jerk.

Extraordinary Member

She didn't. Batman got Scarab out of her armor by himself and all Steph did was get captured by a disarmed Scarab. And she didn't say that she saved him. All she said was that he was in trouble. In the original, it wasn't just that she disobeyed. He didn't need her help at all and her interference nearly got herself killed while letting the villain escape.

Fantastic Member

She didn't. Batman got Scarab out of her armor by himself and all Steph did was get captured by a disarmed Scarab. And she didn't say that she saved him. All she said was that he was in trouble. In the original, it wasn't just that she disobeyed. He didn't need her help at all and her interference nearly got herself killed while letting the villain escape.
    Having just checked myself I can confirm the events went as you described. Though I should provide the caveat that Bruce was clearly exhausted and was injured by that point as the aforementioned disarming resulted in an explosion. It's perfectly possible that Batman wasn't certain of the result if the fight continued, even with the armour disarmed and that's what he meant by saving his life, mainly because beyond Scarab escaping, the result was light in consequences.

That's just me spitballing an explanation of course, but it's not unreasonable given Bruce was injured enough to have his eyes bandaged after the fight and that wasn't a result of Stephanie being captured.
    Last edited by ChangingStation; 11-11-2021 at 04:07 AM.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Having just checked myself I can confirm the events went as you described. Though I should provide the caveat that Bruce was clearly exhausted and was injured by that point as the aforementioned disarming resulted in an explosion. It's perfectly possible that Batman wasn't certain of the result if the fight continued, even with the armour disarmed and that's what he meant by saving his life, mainly because beyond Scarab escaping, the result was light in consequences.

That's just me spitballing an explanation of course, but it's not unreasonable given Bruce was injured enough to have his eyes bandaged after the fight and that wasn't a result of Stephanie being captured.
    Precisely. The fight was in doubt. So it is a matter of perspective. Perhaps Batman has gained some.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Nice. I really dig the after costume. Unsure about the knee and elbow patches.

Astonishing Member

This is the Yoshitaka Amano variant cover for Batgirls #1:

FD4UO8kVIAUm_IR.jpg

I wonder if this could hint new Batgirl suits for Stephanie and Cassandra.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-12-2021 at 02:08 PM.

FD4UO8kVIAUm_IR.jpg

I think it's just Amano being Amano .

FD4UO8kVIAUm_IR.jpg

WOW.. What they are wearing here?

A hint.. or not? Is a variant.

Astonishing Member

According to Michael W Conrad, Stephanie will be called Batgirl (Cassandra too) in the new series:

Screenshot_20211121-134538_Chrome.jpg

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...74472329379857

I wonder how they will avoid the confusion of both characters being called Batgirl.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-21-2021 at 11:46 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

According to Michael W Conrad, Stephanie will be called Batgirl (Cassandra too) in the new series:

Screenshot_20211121-134538_Chrome.jpg

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...74472329379857

I wonder how they will avoid the confusion of both characters being called Batgirl.
    This is definitely something I hope they address! Batgirl Purple and Batgirl Gold?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord