Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    A Hulk and She-Hulk streaming show??? Uhhh, what?
    Rumored aND so is Rocket and Groot. Even if they shorten episodes from 6-8 to 4-6 I still question the logistics of these two shows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    You don’t need to know how Steve got back to understand how time travel works in the MCU. Those are 2 separate things and frankly does it even matter right now? There’s absolutely no reason it needed to be explained in that moment. That can be addressed the next time we see CapSam.
    How is two separate things? He's traveling through time wtf. Yeah that needs to explained in the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Huh? Didn't he simply stay put in the 40s, live out his life, and just remember to be at that spot at that date?

Say I use a time machine to go back in time one week, saying I'll be back 5 seconds after I left...but for whatever reason I won't or can't come back. Anyone waiting for me to materialize five seconds later will instead see me walk through the door saying "yeah I had to actually wait out that week."

Same concept, just...substitute a week for about 7 decades.

Ironically, despite people having problems with all the time stuff I thought this was the easiest to understand. Going back in time, waiting out the date you were supposed to come back, be there at said date if you're still alive.
    No that doesn't make sense. Especially since I'm hearing the russos confirm he actually went to an alt timeline.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-07-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    How is two separate things? He's traveling through time wtf. Yeah that needs to explained in the movie.
    Why? What exactly does that information contribute to the scene or story to make it better?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    In the video I shared, Eric Voss theorized that Captain America may be a lot older when he appears to Sam. Maybe a 100 plus years due to the age regression of the super serum. The Russo brothers apparently said in a recent interview that Captain did go to a new timeline to live out his life with Peggy. How he got back to the main timeline we all know is a mystery, and can be explained possibly in another film down the road. So that Captain America may actually be from years in the future, in another timeline, and found his way back to our main timeline to sit on that park bench to meet up with Sam.

Maybe he kept the time stone, hung out with his wife for several decades then returned the time stone to it's original time and that returned to the main universe?

I thought it was interesting that Thanos was outsmarted by Tony in the movie but in the comics Thanos always seemed to defeat himself.

No that doesn't make sense. Especially since I'm hearing the russos confirm he actually went to an alt timeline.
    Was it the same Russo who said Hulk's arm damage was permanent but then said it could possibly be fixed/replaced before conceding "Who knows? I have no idea where that character goes from here"? Actually Joe does most of the talking with Anthony in yes-man mode but anyway they/he waffles.

But alright. If to you its a mystery to be solved at a later date, ok, that's what it is.

Was it the same Russo who said Hulk's arm damage was permanent but then said it could possibly be fixed/replaced before conceding "Who knows? I have no idea where that character goes from here"? Actually Joe does most of the talking with Anthony in yes-man mode but anyway they/he waffles.

But alright. If to you its a mystery to be solved at a later date, ok, that's what it is.
    The Russos are saying they're intention was for Hulk arm to be permanent but future writers could undo it. That's just a realistic thing to say. But for all we know Old man Steve explaining how he jumped back from an alternate timeline is a cut scene cause it weighed the scene down. Just saying one thing is them saying what happened in they're movie. The other is them saying that future writers can undo Hulks arm.

Amazing Member

It makes as much sense as any other time travel story. It's all highly speculative anyways. Time and space are not at all separate, hence space-time, at the very least any time travel would have to be space-time travel and one would have to not only go back in time but travel in space to the area the Earth was during that time.
    Not only is Earth in orbit but the entire solar system is moving as well as the entire galaxy which is speeding towards the Andromeda galaxy at a ridiculous speed.

So to go 1 year back in time you would also have to reverse all the space Earth has covered and it's going 1.3 million mph.
    https://astrosociety.org/edu/publica...1/howfast.html

Extraordinary Member

Why? What exactly does that information contribute to the scene or story to make it better?
    It makes it better by making clear what happened lol.

Extraordinary Member

C'mon man if the directors don't know what's going on in their own movie that's bad. That def makes it a mystery.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by joelr View Post
    It makes as much sense as any other time travel story. It's all highly speculative anyways. Time and space are not at all separate, hence space-time, at the very least any time travel would have to be space-time travel and one would have to not only go back in time but travel in space to the area the Earth was during that time.
    Not only is Earth in orbit but the entire solar system is moving as well as the entire galaxy which is speeding towards the Andromeda galaxy at a ridiculous speed.

So to go 1 year back in time you would also have to reverse all the space Earth has covered and it's going 1.3 million mph.
    https://astrosociety.org/edu/publica...1/howfast.html
    Nah I've seen other time travel stories that make more sense. It's all speculative but you atleast have to establish workable rules that are clear within the story otherwise it's bad writing. Not saying the movie was bad but it definitely has some issues.

Seen alot of people making a big deal about Peggy Carter using the name Braddock to call out for someone in the 70s scene. Yea I think that and the Namor one are reaching. Could be something there but seeing people talk about like it's for sure a thing... yea iono

It makes it better by making clear what happened lol.
    No, Steve stopping to explain how he got there would absolutely ruin the moment. They already explained what bits were important (why didn’t he come back immediately & what was he doing). Whether he was in this reality & Steve was always destined to marry Peggy or if he created a branch of reality does not matter within this movie and is currently left open for interpretation. Knowing how Steve gets to that bench doesn’t improve the scene or make it more enjoyable for the audience.

Extraordinary Member

No, Steve stopping to explain how he got there would absolutely ruin the moment. They already explained what bits were important (why didn’t he come back immediately & what was he doing). Whether he was in this reality & Steve was always destined to marry Peggy or if he created a branch of reality does not matter within this movie and is currently left open for interpretation. Knowing how Steve gets to that bench doesn’t improve the scene or make it more enjoyable for the audience.
    They didn't have to explain it just show it or just have him appear on the platform. To properly interpret something you have to have enough information which we don't. Having him mysteriously appear on a bench doesn't add anything either. As an afterthought it just takes away.

They didn't have to explain it just show it or just have him appear on the platform. To properly interpret something you have to have enough information which we don't. Having him mysteriously appear on a bench doesn't add anything either. As an afterthought it just takes away.
    What other information do you need to interpret the scene?

He left to return all the stones and instead of coming home immediately, he decided to have a life by growing old with Peggy before returning to the lake house to pass the mantle to Sam.

Does knowing if Steve was in an alternate reality or in the MCU prime timeline really change anything to the interpretation of the scene? If it does, what does it change?