Page 152 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 521021421481491501511521531541551561622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 17573
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, you still have responded to the bits that were pointed out to you as cratering your whole argument, so quit your projecting.
    Read the edit. That one took more time to research and add to the post and I didn't want to double-post.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

As well he should. I can't for the life of me figure out what Buttigieg had to gain by needlessly bashing his own party which have consistently fought to keep the deficit down.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As well he should. I can't for the life of me figure out what Buttigieg had to gain by needlessly bashing his own party which have consistently fought to keep the deficit down.
    The guy wants as "Business As Usual..."/"Center Right..." Democratic lane as he can get.

If he has to essentially run the "Donald Trump..." playbook from the last Republican Primary? No big whoop.

I mean at the end of the day "Biden/ his son does dodgy ****" is irrelevant when the way you go about dealing with it is as fucking awful as Trumps. We're just playing into the GOPs game of ignoring the issue and whataboutism

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I mean at the end of the day "Biden/ his son does dodgy ****" is irrelevant when the way you go about dealing with it is as fucking awful as Trumps. We're just playing into the GOPs game of ignoring the issue and whataboutism
    I don't know that it's absolutely irrelevant.

When even other candidates for the Democratic nomination have to say "Come on, of course there is no way I would let my vp's child do something like that...", you've got an issue. Not the "The Sky Is Falling!..." sized issue that Republicans wish that it was but it is an issue.

Even you are acknowledging that it is "Dodgy..."

It's just a dumb bit of extra weight to have to haul around when there are actual issues to address.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I don't know that it's absolutely irrelevant.

When even other candidates for the Democratic nomination have to say "Come on, of course there is no way I would let my vp's child do something like that...", you've got an issue. Not the "The Sky Is Falling!..." sized issue that Republicans wish that it was but it is an issue.

Even you are acknowledging that it is "Dodgy..."

It's just a dumb bit of extra weight to have to haul around when there are actual issues to address.
    I dont know if it is or isnt dodgy myself, I'm merely repeating the issue that people are bringing up. The fact that its been cleared by the US Intelligence services carries more weight then Republican ramblings. They've shat out so much ridiculousness that their credibility is non existent.

As for the fact that other nominees are talking about it ? Meh. Its a talking point whether its its true or not. I've little doubt when Benghazi was a thing you had others going 'Well I'd never let that happen"

But yes, its just another talking point everyone has to roll their eyes and wade through.

I dont know if it is or isnt dodgy myself, I'm merely repeating the issue that people are bringing up. The fact that its been cleared by the US Intelligence services carries more weight then Republican ramblings. They've shat out so much ridiculousness that their credibility is non existent.

As for the fact that other nominees are talking about it ? Meh. Its a talking point whether its its true or not. I've little doubt when Benghazi was a thing you had others going 'Well I'd never let that happen"

But yes, its just another talking point everyone has to roll their eyes and wade through.
    Feels kinda "Apple"/"Orange"...

This is "First Day"/"Kindergarten" "There Is No Way This Will Ever Not Look Sketchy..." stuff we are talking about. The kind of thing that even Wile E. Coyote would be able to tell you is not a particularly good idea.

Even Biden's son seemed like he knows that he probably would not have got the job without his old man's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, you still have responded to the bits that were pointed out to you as cratering your whole argument, so quit your projecting.
    And also, repeatedly typing in "BURISMA" like it's a new conspiracy theory mantra worthy of the new Benghazi.

Unless our proud American exPat in Canada is so loyal to our country that they can't resist repeating Russian propaganda at a rate that would put most of their bot accounts to shame.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Right. There's no merit to the attacks on Hunter Biden, accept possibly nepotism factoring into his hire.

Meanwhile, Jared, Ivanka, Rudy, etc. doing all sorts of things through nepotism that they're unqualified or not given proper security clearance to do... and when anybody actually tugs even at the littlest thread, there's signs of clearly using the jobs they have for personal enrichment.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 12-06-2019 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And also, repeatedly typing in "BURISMA" like it's a new conspiracy theory mantra worthy of the new Benghazi.
    "Burisma" just doesn't roll off the tongue like "Uranium One".

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Feels kinda "Apple"/"Orange"...

This is "First Day"/"Kindergarten" "There Is No Way This Will Ever Not Look Sketchy..." stuff we are talking about. The kind of thing that even Wile E. Coyote would be able to tell you is not a particularly good idea.

Even Biden's son seemed like he knows that he probably would not have got the job without his old man's name.
    Again, you are playing their game. It doesn't matter. And as pointed out aboce, if it does then the whole Trump teain should be focused on as well. Yet it isnt. All or nothing, no whataboutism.

On this date in 2014, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" ran a profile of Cynthia Davis, an ethically-challenged former member of the Missouri House of Representatives who not only wanted creation taught in school classrooms, but tried preventing children from learning about any other kind of sex education that wasn’t abstinence. Her quest to make the lives of Missouri’s children more terrible expanded beyond that, though, as she earned an appearance on the Colbert Report for her opposition to getting poor children free meals during the summer because it would “rob them of their ambition”, and suggested they should work as child labor at McDonald’s to earn themselves a free meal based on her assessment that “hunger can be a positive motivator”. Davis was also a key ally of self-titled Birther Queen Orly Taitz, accompanying her in person at court hearings over the lawsuit she filed about President Obama’s Birth Certificate, and accused the court of bias for ruling against Taitz, claiming they only did so because she had an accent. Wrapping things up, Davis wrote a newsletter in 2009 where she proclaimed that “racism is dead”. Cynthia Davis has been out of office since 2010, when she failed to move on to the Missouri State Senate after facing term limits in the Missouri House. She made a 2012 run to try to win office as Missouri Lieutenant Governor as a member of the somehow even more rabid right wing Constitution Party, but lost and has not turned up on a ballot in the four years since.

On this date in 2015, Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Chris Corley, a member of the South Carolina House of Representatives who held up a white surrender flag to mock any Republicans who voted to remove the Confederate flag from the grounds of the state capitol after a fellow legislator was assassinated at the Charleston AME Emanuel Church by a White Nationalist, Dylann Roof. And, Corley still wasn't over his love for the Stars & Bars, as he sent Christmas cards out to all the legislators who voted for the flag's removal, forgiving them "for all their sins such as betrayal" a few months later. Corley was allowed to run for re-election unopposed, but ended up getting booted from office after being arrested on domestic violence charges over the 2016 holiday season.

On this date in 2016, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" profiled Steve Hickey, a member of the South Dakota House of Representatives from 2011-2015, which many Democrats in South Dakota found alarming because of his background as a pastor with quite extreme views on abortion and LGBT rights. Those concerns were not unfounded. In January of 2014, Hickey turned heads by sponsoring one of the first "religious freedom" brand of bills in the country that were actually just legalizing the discrimination towards the gay community. Bizarrely, Hickey tried justifying it with the ludicrous statement that "gay rights are taking us down the road to Iran", because he's apparently unaware of how Iran punishes homosexuals with flogging or even the death penalty. Go figure. But then again, Hickey also believes that legalized gay marriage would have left him open to lawsuits as a pastor, so we're not talking about someone whose elevator goes all the way up, here. In May of 2014, for whatever reason, Steve Hickey was particularly upset about all the butt stuff happening in these United States, and decided to write an opinion editorial for the local paper, the Argus Leader about it. They found it... inappropriate for publication, and Hickey, outraged that they wouldn't go with his column, got on Facebook to post his vile and crude letter, titled, "A One Way Alley for the Garbage Truck", where he accused the entire medical community of creating a conspiracy to cover up the risks of anal sex. After a wave of criticism from LGBT groups, media outlets, and just sane people, Hickey refused to apologize or back down from his assertion. Steve Hickey was actually one of the first people in South Dakota to question the signatures being submitted by Annette Bosworth in her run for U.S. Senate were done so improperly, which makes it pretty hypocritical that he may have done the exact same thing in 2012 to get on the ballot as a state legislator. Before the walls closed in and he was arrested for forgery, Steve Hickey resigned from the South Dakota House of Representatives in July of 2015, deciding to travel to Aberdeen, Scotland, to try and get a PHD in Christian ethics.

On this date in both 2017, as well as 2018, that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” first profiled Iowa State Senator Jason Schultz, who has served in the Iowa state legislature since 2009, spending six years in the lower chambers before moving up to the upper one in the 2014 elections. Back when he was just a member of the Iowa House, Schultz made a name for himself co-sponsoring legislation to try and nullify the Affordable Care Act. What really got our attention about Schultz was his appearance on Mickelson in the Morning back in September of 2015, when he went on a horribly racist rant against Muslim refugees being resettled in the United States from Syria, where he said, “We already have problems with concentrations of Middle Eastern refugees or migrants coming in and taking over communities. They don’t want to assimilate. They do not want to become Americans. They only want the free stuff from America. They practice a religion that orders them to dominate and they want to live under Sharia law which they will not subordinate under our law while they live here and enjoy our protections and our goodies. It’s an invasion” to spread their own theology by force.” While Schultz would like to spread paranoid lies about Syrians fleeing their nation for their lives, he supports Personhood and would do anything to save the lives of zygotes. Because they should have Constitutional rights to vote and have gun (while not having a heartbeat yet), and the refugees think they’re entitled to “free stuff”. His voting record also includes opposition to raising the minimum wage (during the worst period of income inequality in our nation in almost a century), opposition to a ban on gay conversion therapy on minors, and he voted against crimes against individuals based on their gender identity or expression as hate crimes, besides being a big supporter of stricter Voter ID regulations that suppress the vote in the name of preventing statistically non-existent in-person voter fraud. He also sponsorsed of a bill to try and implement the unconstitutional AND failed conservative policy of drug testing welfare recipients to Iowa. The estimated price tag on implementing such a measure, that always fails to find drug use or any “savings” for the state? $100 million. Well, isn’t that “fiscally conservative” of you, Jason. Way to rack up a nine-figure bill just to shame poor people. Schultz was re-elected 2018 mid-terms, because he was allowed to run unopposed. He will be in office until at least 2022, but at this time, we will set aside his profile to go ahead and take a look at a different kooky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 804-40, since this was established in July 2014.)

Bill Drennan

Welcome to what is the 804th original profile here at “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profile, where we’ll be discussing Bill Drennan, a candidate for the Virginia State Assembly in the 2019 elections, attempting to flip District 87 for Republicans. Drennan is some old blood in the Virginia GOP, having once served as a military aide in the Reagan administration who claimed to have once been responsible for the nuclear football. His views on women, however, sound like the sort of insanity from that era. Because during a forum discussion on abortion, Drennan decided to come up with the policy suggestion to give women who get abortions ankle bracelets to track them like common criminals:

Drennan’s campaign website had plenty of lies to spread about abortion, to try and back up that kind of insanity, including the claim that Virginia Democrats had blocked “legislation that would have eliminated restrictions on third-trimester abortions and legalized infanticide.” (Fact check: Out of 200,000 abortions performed in Virginia since the year 2000, only TWO were third trimester, and those were non-viable pregnancies And also, infants aren't classified as -3 month old babies.)

Drennan also opposed background checks on firearm purchases, and evaded giving a clear answer on if he supported the Equal Rights Amendment, calling it “dead legislation”.

Bill Drennan lost last month with only 38% of the vote against Democrat Suhas Subramanyam in Virginia’s 2019 election. We’re hoping he buggers off into obscurity.

Again, you are playing their game. It doesn't matter. And as pointed out aboce, if it does then the whole Trump teain should be focused on as well. Yet it isnt. All or nothing, no whataboutism.
    If Republicans intend on holding themselves to the same standard doesn't really have anything to do with that other Democrats are pointing out that even something that looks like this does is an issue.

If you see it differently, agree to disagree.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Seriously? You're so incapable of defending your position that you've resorted to taking issue with me even naming the company that's the basis of the discussion? While repeatedly ignoring each and every point I've made, including the majority that I practically copy/pasted from the very article you shared? I'm in awe. Truly. I mean, it's hard to completely dislike you since I love your Metalocalypse avatar, but you're probably the most frustrating person I've tried to have a conversation with in months. You win. I can't have a discussion with someone who refuses to do anything other than hurl child-like insults while ignoring every word I post.