Page 478 of 573 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 8586
    Incredible Member

I just want to say, I despise how they release agents of shield. Usually after 12 am pacific time, the episodes post on amazon for direct streaming. Nothing there now. Not on hulu yet, so I can't see the damn show in 1080p. Now I'm getting a low rent 720p, so annoyed. This is why I hate these kinds of shows released on broadcast networks, trash distribution. I want minimum 1080p streaming or higher, preferably with the highest bitrate that is feasible.

Incredible Member

Just saw the episodes... wow.

Good season premier, so are they in an alternate future where Thanos won?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

i am really hoping this is a future where Thanos blew up the world, and this whole season gets fixed with the reality stone in line with Infinity War. It'd be really cool for the movies to hint at a dark future and this whole season to be set in it before its put back.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Well, if she eventually returns to her own time, and then goes ahead and quakes the Earth, there is no paradox. Everything's a clean, causal time loop that was 'always' that way with no beginning and no end, like in the Heinlein tales 'By His Bootstraps' and 'All You Zombies'.
    Exactly this. There's no paradox at all there.

Of course, that's kind of an existential horror story for my taste.
    Also exactly this. I think there will be a debate about exactly that. If Daisy dies or doesn't come home, this problem doesn't happen. Or so they think - maybe it isn't Daisy at all. Or maybe it's a Macbeth situation where trying to solve this problem is what causes it (that's a bit of a paradox, of course, but nothing greater than a vision of the future would have been).

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Woulda been cool if Thanos destroyed earth. But then it wpulda got complicated with how AoS could stop it without effecting the movies. So doesnt really work but still think it woulda been cooler then Daisy somehow getting jacked and tearing the planet apart
    Well, we don't know the details. That being said, this feels like a problem that needs to be solved by the characters on this show and, if it's Thanos, it wouldn't be. I guess the question is whether we expect this to be a season long problem or if we expect it to be resolved by the end of this arc. If it's resolved by the end of the arc, then it's way too early to have tied in with Infinity War anyway.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Nice start so far. When the guy with the starlord helmet showed up I was like "hey it's that guy from that issue of fantastic four I read. Wait didn't he have a female sidekick?" Girl shows up. "there she is!"

Wow I never though I would see them show up in anything live action! Marvel really digs for this show!

But if Daisy never quaked the Earth, those Men in Black would not have been able to send them to that future because that future never exists, so Daisy can't stay in the future and prevent herself from ever quaking the world apart.

This is a job for the Doctor.
    Well in marvel two in one thing did something like this and it split the two timelines into two realities. If this was comics then the future would get a universe number and still be around even if they get back to the past in stop it.

Also marvel must have heard the backlash of getting rid of magic and saying it's science from last year with the "magic is real" line from mack. Now if they can just address the "all robots are evil" crap when you have vision in avengers, Human torch teased in captain America and 2000 robots in tony starks home then we can get all that crap from last season cleared up.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Couldn't it been enough for them to be in space? I'm not fond of this also being the future. A guess they can't have the agents interact with any of the movie cosmic characters or reference them.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Like I said, I'm glad they're telling their own story and not trying to be a footnote to the movies anymore.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Like I said, I'm glad they're telling their own story and not trying to be a footnote to the movies anymore.
    Being a footnote is why this series exists. The showrunners said the reason the show is in space is because the movies are. It's still riding those coattails.

Good season première but I don't think this will be tied to Thanos at all. It'd be hard to blame Quake for something Thanos did IMO and if it was Thanos it's be too closely tied to the Infinity War which no TV property is getting near that film the sequel or any MCU film. They're in space because of the Infinity War but IMO no way is it directly tied to it.

Well, that was certainly something different.

I'm really curious wether they'll spend the entirety of the season up there.

I kinda have the feeling that the main reason they're doing this is to have a reason to not get into trouble for explaining why the Agents don't participate in the defense against Thanos.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Iain de Caestecker is still a cast member this season (he was in the cast photo) so either the space thing will just be one arc of the season, or we will also get scenes of what Fitz is doing back in the present. And of course the identity and motives of the people who sent them to the future is a mystery in need of solving.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Iain de Caestecker is still a cast member this season (he was in the cast photo) so either the space thing will just be one arc of the season, or we will also get scenes of what Fitz is doing back in the present. And of course the identity and motives of the people who sent them to the future is a mystery in need of solving.
    I'm thinking it will be the same as how Jemma was missing at the beginning of season 3. She missed a couple of episodes, but then had a solo episode before rejoining the others.

I'm not digging the whole fish out of water focus this season is going to have. Also, I miss Ghost Rider and his interactions with Daisy. Chloe Benet was on fire last season, but it feel almost like she was told to phone it in here. Somewhat interested to learn of the exact details regarding this ime lines history, but therwise not to intergued with the core characters rebelling against their Kree overlords. Still, I'll take it. Hopefully the whole roach thing gets some elaboration qnd maybe is some kind of stage nod to Captain Marvel...
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 12-02-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Mighty Member

Jemma's compassion sure does get her in some dangerous predicaments