Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

i wonder what villains will be used, and will there be any new characters. I hope that there is a combination of older villains and newer, and invent some. I liked Live Wire and Luminous from the 90s series.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Besides the obvious? As a character he suffered from Snyder’s lack of interest in the Clark Kent side of Superman so we barely got anything from him. S&L will be giving us a new Perry soon so I don’t expect Fishburne will leave much in the way of an impact on the character which is a shame given what a great actor he is.
    Fishburne and Adams must have strained their backs carrying that whole production.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Agreed on Yang, good point!

Any influence from All-Star no matter what the version is always good, but I'd vastly prefer the book. It's actually one of the more accessible of their books and is pretty straight forward. The back half of their Action Comics run went overboard on the craziness, but the origin arc in the first half was aces and should be the blueprint for any Superman origin movie.
    You mean this origin? It was one of the two books of theirs I read, and the one that made me decide not to read another, so I'll have to strongly disagree about it needing to be the blueprint for any Superman origin movie. I much prefer Birthright and Man and Superman for origin stories. Like I said, I like their ideas a lot but hate their execution of those ideas. But maybe their work inspiring the origin but not being an adaptation would be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i wonder what villains will be used, and will there be any new characters. I hope that there is a combination of older villains and newer, and invent some. I liked Live Wire and Luminous from the 90s series.
    Livewire feels like an obvious choice for this kind of show, and she’s surprisingly popular in outside media adaptions despite not getting much use in the comics. Feel confident she will show up here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You mean this origin? It was one of the two books of theirs I read, and the one that made me decide not to read another, so I'll have to strongly disagree about it needing to be the blueprint for any Superman origin movie. I much prefer Birthright and Man and Superman for origin stories. Like I said, I like their ideas a lot but hate their execution of those ideas. But maybe their work inspiring the origin but not being an adaptation would be alright.
    Yep that's the one. I think it's all a matter of taste, but the stance that some of their ideas are executed in a confusing manner has always been overblown to me outside of a few projects (Final Crisis being the big one, parts of the Invisibles). What is it about the Brainiac issues in particular that are poorly executed if I may ask? Because it's very straightforward and completely nails the character.

I can see some issues with the Vyndktvx chapters later on, but not the Brainiac/Metallo one, which is what I meant as the blueprint for the movie.

It's been a while since the last Superman cartoon so I'm not sure if there's a guarantee for certain villains, but Metallo, Parasite, Mxy, and Bizarro will probably show up sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's been a while since the last Superman cartoon so I'm not sure if there's a guarantee for certain villains, but Metallo, Parasite, Mxy, and Bizarro will probably show up sooner rather than later.
    We can still look at other Superman/DC media to see who shows up often enough that they’ll probably show up here: Lex, Brainiac, Metallo, Parasite, Livewire, Doomsday, Bizarro, Mxy, and Darkseid are 100% going to show up here based on how often they show up elsewhere. Mongul is a likely villain as well. Zod is an odd case because while he’s the second most used villain besides Lex on the film side, he’s rarely used in animation. Hilariously I feel confident that Bloodsport has a very good chance of showing up here based on him being in The Suicide Squad. Toyman shows up frequently enough that I think there’s a good chance he’ll be in this too.

But it’s the more obscure villains I’m really hoping show up here, the ones who are really cool but don’t get much play in the comics or elsewhere. Manchester Black and the Elite would be great for a show like this. Kryptonite Man, Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia, Prankster, Puzzler, Riot, Insect Queen, Maxima, Solaris, Conduit, Khyber, Master Jailer, Xa-Du the Phantom King, Ultra-Humanite, and Volcana. Those are who I’m rooting for.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hopeful this team isn’t full of people who would rather be working on Batman this go around . Hope we get a trailer for Fandom!

Hopeful this team isn’t full of people who would rather be working on Batman this go around . Hope we get a trailer for Fandom!
    I don't think they'd produce a animated romcom with Batman .

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

And that is why they are weak.
    Buh-bye

They did with Harley Quinn ! I wonder if that’s the blueprint for the balance of action/romance this will be going for?

Well, not for very long anyways if they want to stay firm on their "heroes don't do that" selfish lover stance...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

On the flipside,they would never produce something clearly action oriented and from the goldenage with superman...

This is for me straight up fire...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-26-2021 at 11:47 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

They did with Harley Quinn ! I wonder if that’s the blueprint for the balance of action/romance this will be going for?
    I guess Harley is kind of a romcom? At least the relationships were pretty prominent, although back in my day Superhero cartoons had a good balance between the action and the romance and it wasn't all "boys think girls and relationships are icky so let's not include that."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Well, not for very long anyways if they want to stay firm on their "heroes don't do that" selfish lover stance...
    Well, this is a kids cartoon so...no.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    On the flipside,they would never produce something clearly action oriented and from the goldenage with superman...

This is for me straight up fire...
    I wouldn't completely rule that out either.