Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Attractiveness is subjective. If you get turned away because a cartoon character has a short haircut, you've got bigger issues.

Also looking for fan service in a children's cartoon is pretty messed up.
    Exactly this.

Children really don't care about "cheesecake" in their entertainment at all.

And adults shouldn't be looking for that stuff in kids entertainment. There are other avenues for us adults to view such.

Incredible Member

Attractiveness is subjective. If you get turned away because a cartoon character has a short haircut, you've got bigger issues.
    Well, I specifically wrote that the story was more important to me, but you suspiciously snipped that sentence out when you quoted me. Trying hard to land a punch, huh, lol.

Also, as reminder, I previously wrote that I leaned towards liking the show, despite the dishonest promotion of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    In a kids show, I seriously doubt that.

My children literally don't care about stuff like that. That's probably why shows like Steven Universe and Teen Titans Go are as popular as they are.
    The original show was perfect and something I would show my son and daughter. I loved the lessons that they would try to impart on children watching at the end of the episodes. I haven't shown my kids this Netflix version yet because this show was really aimed at adults like me who watched the show as children and want a bit of nostalgia. Thinking about it, yeah, I'm not going to show my kids this show because they plain wouldn't enjoy it, and I don't feel like Teela is a good role model for my daughter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly this.

Children really don't care about "cheesecake" in their entertainment at all.

And adults shouldn't be looking for that stuff in kids entertainment. There are other avenues for us adults to view such.
    Oh, I definitely agree with this, duh. I do want even the children's version of the show to have masculine men and feminine women, but obviously we don't want them to show skin or T&A there.

When I spoke of liking fan service in my entertainment, I was speaking of entertainment geared towards adults. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Well, I specifically wrote that the story was more important to me, but you suspiciously snipped that sentence out when you quoted me. Trying hard to land a punch, huh, lol.

Also, as reminder, I previously wrote that I leaned towards liking the show, despite the dishonest promotion of it.
    I never stated you felt that the story was unimportant, so I wasn't attempting to "land a punch." I questioned why an animated character in a children's cartoon being sexually attractive was somehow important.

I do want even the children's version of the show to have masculine men and feminine women
    Why? Why is this important?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member

Why? Why is this important?
    Because my wife and I want to raise our son to be masculine and our daughter to be feminine.

Your mileage may vary.

Because my wife and I want to raise our son to be masculine and our daughter to be feminine.

Your mileage may vary.
    I guess. I'd place more emphasis on raising my kid to be a good person and decent human being than on making sure a girl is dainty and knows her place or a guy can work a tool bench.

And why do you need a children's television show to do this? If it's that important to you, do it yourself.
    Last edited by Noodle; 07-27-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    According to this we're in for a big He-Man and Skelegod fight. I'll wait for the other episodes to air before forming a complete opinion but at the moment I can see why some feel the way they do.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThatKevin...god-battles%2F
    I wonder how Adam transforms again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    My take was she was having difficulty processing her grief.
    He-man's dead, who was also Adam so he's also dead, and they've all been lying to me and now my dads being exiled... just #@$% all of this.
    She was a little off putting at points but I don't think she was that bad.
    Skeletor was also dead, and the power of Greyskull gone, so it's not like there was any pressing concern anymore.
    Well, the Forces of Evil still seemed to be causing trouble without Skeletor around.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    This makes me bristle as well. Because they made Teela....a warrior...earned the rank of Man-at-Arms....because she's got some guns on her, that suddenly that makes her not feminine? Like....because people can't fap to a cartoon character its suddenly an issue. It's right up there with people taking issue with Lola Bunny's redesign.
    I didn't care about her muscles but how generic her time-skip design looked.

Incredible Member

I guess. I'd place more emphasis on raising my kid to be a good person and decent human being than on making sure a girl is dainty and knows her place or a guy can work a tool bench.
    lol, I am also raising them to be good people. Stop pretending my take on one aspect of something is to the exclusion of every other aspect. Like I said, trying too hard to land a punch, lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't care about her muscles but how generic her time-skip design looked.
    I can't believe they went with the half-shaved head look. It's so commonplace and a meme at this point.

I wonder how Adam transforms again.
    My pet theory.

Well, the Forces of Evil still seemed to be causing trouble without Skeletor around.
    Well the tech cult hadn't pop up yet, (I think stealing the goblet was the first time she was even aware of them.) and it's not like they were ever a risk of getting god like power; and the immediate aftermath had snake mountain splinter.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

lol, I am also raising them to be good people. Stop pretending my take on one aspect of something is to the exclusion of every other aspect. Like I said, trying too hard to land a punch, lol.
    lol keep trying to take everything I say as a personal attack. You want to raise your kids a certain way, go ahead. As a parent, that's your prerogative. Trying to force television shows that everyone watches to do this, and then faulting them when they don't, is asinine.

Also looking for fan service in a children's cartoon is pretty messed up.
    1.) Smith has stated repeatedly in interviews that this was a show for the 40+ adult He-Man fan.

2.) Why is it that some cleavage or a women's bare legs is soooo bad for a child to see, but graphic violence (a character gets ran through with a sword, another guy gets a saw blade to the face) and death always gets the green light?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Well the tech cult hadn't pop up yet, (I think stealing the goblet was the first time she was even aware of them.) and it's not like they were ever a risk of getting god like power; and the immediate aftermath had snake mountain splinter.
    I guess the question is whether she would've been able to be more aware of it had she been in her old position and not a merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    1.) Smith has stated repeatedly in interviews that this was a show for the 40+ adult He-Man fan.

2.) Why is it that some cleavage or a women's bare legs is soooo bad for a child to see, but graphic violence (a character gets ran through with a sword, another guy gets a saw blade to the face) and death always gets the green light?
    1.) The original designs that were "more attractive" are from a children's cartoon.

2.) Why does a woman need to show cleavage or bare legs? Why is it considered bad if they don't?