Page 278 of 281 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281 LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    SMWW already goes beyond comics. It’s like it’s automatic to advertise/promote them together with merchandising. Capitalize and celebrate the years of their history together. Two franchises seamlessly able to join together to reach broader diverse audiences.
    Yeah, they are pretty much everywhere. 😎

I still don’t like how Tomasi mishandled SMWW but the one thing he got right was Diana’s monologue in 18

They always build a trusting open and honest friendship from the beginning. There’s no hesitation, no pretending. That is what creates a real relationship and what people in modern times look for.
    It's weird, we didn't see build first their friendship in the post-FP continuity, they didn't know much each other before getting together.

Well...even older though the rebirth versions who suppose to be 10-15 year vets are still very much “under construction” LOL
    Haha. That's because writers keep "wondering" how these characters should be. 😉

Oh ok, thank you. Well yes, hair tied back with glasses/sunglasses...any kind of combination or one or the other is just fine to me. As said, the secret ID is for privacy and peace only not trying to fit in for acceptance because human selfish misguided insecurity.
    👍

Diana's secret ID is another thing on which writers are conflicted and we saw it reappear and then disappear several times lately.

Speaking of merch:

His/Her Watches

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br1CvS0gvHY/

Matching Socks

“Conquer the world with your partner wearing these matching Wonder Woman and Superman #dv8socks from our Justice League collection!”

https://www.facebook.com/32817593760...5753886511813/

I still don’t like how Tomasi mishandled SMWW but the one thing he got right was Diana’s monologue in 18

I wonder if his mind conflicts with knowing he could have done a marvelous job, raised Soule's legacy even more, and having recorded the name in DC history as no more a writer who made a repetitive story of a couple without seasoning but as someone who helped to consolidate the story of the largest COUPLE of HEROES of the planet! He could have started a whole new line, created high level and immortal villains but unfortunately he preferred the day to day, just being a supporting writer in a cold story ... tsc ... pity!

Speaking of merch:

His/Her Watches

Matching Socks

“Conquer the world with your partner wearing these matching Wonder Woman and Superman #dv8socks from our Justice League collection!”

Awesome. Are the watches licensed and sold together?

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I wonder if his mind conflicts with knowing he could have done a marvelous job, raised Soule's legacy even more, and having recorded the name in DC history as no more a writer who made a repetitive story of a couple without seasoning but as someone who helped to consolidate the story of the largest COUPLE of HEROES of the planet! He could have started a whole new line, created high level and immortal villains but unfortunately he preferred the day to day, just being a supporting writer in a cold story ... tsc ... pity!
    What a waste, really. I think he was aware that DC planned to kill Superman and replaces him with Superdad, and he puts little effort in the series because of that.

Incredible Member

Speaking of merch:

His/Her Watches

Matching Socks

Conquer the world with your partner wearing these matching Wonder Woman and Superman #dv8socks from our Justice League collection!”

One of the reasons I enjoy the pairing, not because they can conquer with their strength but with through the hearts and minds as ultimate symbols of what we can be, at least that is what I believe their creators had intended. But also I really love those watches.

Nothing you can do unfortunately when the editorial demands the way it turns out.
    Last edited by ssupes; 12-29-2018 at 02:28 PM.

"Super Friends!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq3u1URgBYR/

"Drinks with some super friends 🎄🍸🍷 🥂#christmaspresents #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br6-DtDgjUr/

"Mini Superheroes 🦸⭐️💫💥🦸😎"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrC9GWtApJX/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, they are pretty much everywhere. 😎
    Yep! Hehe
    It takes more effort really trying to force them apart, when they are marketed together anyway. Prime example is to actually have JPG commission for the SMWW to be part of his fragrance line as a couple, mini companion comic with it too. SMWW as the primary dynamic duo for 6 flags justice league amusement park advertisements, clothing, and so on and so forth...come on now.

It's weird, we didn't see build first their friendship in the post-FP continuity, they didn't know much each other before getting together.
    The angle for new52 was instant attraction with very subtle hints of them admiring each other from a distance. Then really getting to know each other once they become a couple. While that did work, I think many of us still do prefer the friendship, knowing each other first, then taking the step to a relationship.

Haha. That's because writers keep "wondering" how these characters should be. 😉
    LOL...seriously need to get it together.

Diana's secret ID is another thing on which writers are conflicted and we saw it reappear and then disappear several times lately.
    Diana right now doesn’t have stability at all. 😕

I love the Diana Prince ID because she isn’t just Wonder Woman 24/7. New52 got this right as well with Clark and Diana’s relationship in Justice League 14. DCEU antique dealer isn’t exactly what comes to mind but it’s okay. Why not have Diana Prince as a Professor teaching Grecian history like Julia?

LOL the bold part 😂

In interviews, he had the idea to depart from Soule, be different because to him it was picnics and rainbows ( LOL irony in that). “No conflict = no story” sure, but that doesn’t mean contrived conflict and OOC nonsense. Also, he felt intimidated by Diana demanding the spotlight and hard to find the balance. For SMWW, it takes a writer who understands both, give the right amount of seasoning lol and not intimidated by the complexity and demands of them as not only two powerhouse individuals but as a powerhouse couple.

Awesome. Are the watches licensed and sold together?
    Licensed, yes. But being sold together, not quite clarified. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    One of the reasons I enjoy the pairing, not because they can conquer with their strength but with through the hearts and minds as ultimate symbols of what we can be, at least that is what I believe their creators had intended. But also I really love those watches.
    Yes, that’s exactly what the creators intended. Superman and Wonder Woman are to be symbols of respect and equality between men and women, to stand strong side by side, inspire and motive to be the best of the best each of us all can be, fight through the challenges, and lead to a better, brighter and greater future.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-29-2018 at 03:22 PM.

What a waste, really. I think he was aware that DC planned to kill Superman and replaces him with Superdad, and he puts little effort in the series because of that.
    Yeah... hmpf again pity... I still LOVE that punch!

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post

Nothing you can do unfortunately when the editorial demands the way it turns out.
    So true!

Incredible Member

Yes, that’s exactly what the creators intended. Superman and Wonder Woman are to be symbols of respect and equality between men and women, to stand strong side by side, inspire and motive to be the best of the best each of us all can be, fight through the challenges, and lead to a better, brighter and greater future.
    yeah, anyone who says it's down to their strength alone has a lot more to learn about the characters I feel.

Yep! Hehe
    It takes more effort really trying to force them apart, when they are marketed together anyway. Prime example is to actually have JPG commission for the SMWW to be part of his fragrance line as a couple, mini companion comic with it too. SMWW as the primary dynamic duo for 6 flags justice league amusement park advertisements, clothing, and so on and so forth...come on now.
    It's all right under WB/DC's nose.

The angle for new52 was instant attraction with very subtle hints of them admiring each other from a distance. Then really getting to know each other once they become a couple. While that did work, I think many of us still do prefer the friendship, knowing each other first, then taking the step to a relationship.
    I'd say that the "instant attraction" before knowing each other was there also after COIE too, and their friendship was building after a failed attempt of getting together. So, there was still the "romance" before the friendship/knowing each other.

LOL...seriously need to get it together.
    🤭

Diana right now doesn’t have stability at all. 😕

I love the Diana Prince ID because she isn’t just Wonder Woman 24/7. New52 got this right as well with Clark and Diana’s relationship in Justice League 14. DCEU antique dealer isn’t exactly what comes to mind but it’s okay. Why not have Diana Prince as a Professor teaching Grecian history like Julia?
    I suspect they decide to make her an antique dealer because she is old. 😅

Btw, in the storyboard of the WW movie, Diana wears glasses in present day.

LOL the bold part 😂

In interviews, he had the idea to depart from Soule, be different because to him it was picnics and rainbows ( LOL irony in that). “No conflict = no story” sure, but that doesn’t mean contrived conflict and OOC nonsense. Also, he felt intimidated by Diana demanding the spotlight and hard to find the balance. For SMWW, it takes a writer who understands both, give the right amount of seasoning lol and not intimidated by the complexity and demands of them as not only two powerhouse individuals but as a powerhouse couple.
    In the writers' mind: "But it's so hard..." 😅

Well said. It's even written on the wall of a gym. Sort of. 😉

Superman and Wonder Woman with the mini Justice League

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br4_8ObATR2/
    It's obvious which of the children are SM/WW's and who is adopted. 🤣

Love the classic pose. 👍

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br_IolwF5Av/

“When superhero get hungry, they buy Tahu Bulat.
    Tahu bulat is one of the popular street food from Indonesia. some sellers sell tahu bulat in a unique way. they use pick up cars with loudspeakers. this is what makes tahu bulat not only delicious but also unique.
    By:Muster”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmFnpwuHLLM/

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...9857720&type=3

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br_IolwF5Av/

”When superhero get hungry, they buy Tahu Bulat.
    Tahu bulat is one of the popular street food from Indonesia. some sellers sell tahu bulat in a unique way. they use pick up cars with loudspeakers. this is what makes tahu bulat not only delicious but also unique.
    By:Muster”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmFnpwuHLLM/

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...9857720&type=3
    Hmmmm nham nham nham looks good! And yeah I can imagine SMWW naturally eating street food like all of us, mere mortals, after a day's work!

About the SM/WW run we were briefly talking yesterday... I recall a wedding ring subplot that didn't have any pay-off. What was even the point of it? 🤔

I never thought that Neal Adams' kiss would become another popular SM/WW image. 👍

About the SM/WW run we were briefly talking yesterday... I recall a wedding ring subplot that didn't have any pay-off. What was even the point of it? ��
    Put water in our mouths, show how could be but at the same time open a door to the cheap excuse “see... they don’t work well together”...

I never thought that Neal Adams' kiss would become another popular SM/WW image. ��
    Ahhh everything with SMWW kissing is popular!!!!
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 12-30-2018 at 10:58 AM.