Page 862 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3627628128528588598608618628638648658668729129621362 ... LastLast
Results 12,916 to 12,930 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No way would The Rock let himself get beat down like that lol. It would have to end with the three of them teaming up against a fourth party with the Rock getting the killing blow.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Cavil better get used to counting the lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cavil better get used to counting the lights.
    Dude’s moved on, I’ll be shocked if he comes back. He clearly took a look at what WB was offering, reasonably concluded that wasting the prime of his career in cameos to build up other actors rather than being the star was a crap deal, and walked away. He’s got a bunch of big projects coming up, Superman is ultimately just going to be a footnote in his career I suspect. If the Coates reboot flops and the MBJ Val series underperforms, I can see WB bringing in Jon Kent Superman as the new DCEU Superman alongside a Damian Wayne Batman, as a soft reboot, but otherwise I think the DCEU Superman franchise is done. Supergirl and the black Supermen will be taking over for him.

The Rock will just have to be content with beating up Shazam lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dude’s moved on, I’ll be shocked if he comes back. He clearly took a look at what WB was offering, reasonably concluded that wasting the prime of his career in cameos to build up other actors rather than being the star was a crap deal, and walked away. He’s got a bunch of big projects coming up, Superman is ultimately just going to be a footnote in his career I suspect. If the Coates reboot flops and the MBJ Val series underperforms, I can see WB bringing in Jon Kent Superman as the new DCEU Superman alongside a Damian Wayne Batman, as a soft reboot, but otherwise I think the DCEU Superman franchise is done. Supergirl and the black Supermen will be taking over for him.

I agree with this. It's sad as a traditional Clark Kent Superman fan to think he's just done and over with in not only the DCEU but film in general, but I've got to agree that unfortunately this does seem to be the case.

On the bright side though, after years of being overshadowed by Superman, Shazam finally gets to enjoy some lime light.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    On the bright side though, after years of being overshadowed by Superman, Shazam finally gets to enjoy some lime light.
    Lmaoooooo not at all! Instead of being overshadowed by Superman he’s about to be overshadowed by the Rock. Black Adam is going to be the bigger franchise of the two I suspect.

Even if the Rock pounds him in a hypothetical Black Adam 2 or Black Adam vs Shazam stand alone movie, DCEU Shazam would still have gotten two solo movies and a potential third movie with appearances in other projects, that still pulls him ahead of DCEU Superman at this point.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Even if the Rock pounds him in a hypothetical Black Adam 2 or Black Adam vs Shazam stand alone movie, DCEU Shazam would still have gotten two solo movies and a potential third movie with appearances in other projects, that still pulls him ahead of DCEU Superman at this point.
    It's hard not to beat "get one divisive movie and then your further divisive sequel gets hijacked by Batman and ends with you dying."
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Black Adam will get to fight Superman...it'll just likely be Michael B. Jordan's Val Zod by then.

I kid, I kid. Well, slightly.

Well, he kind of has to fight Billy but I have no idea when that's going to happen.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Lmaoooooo not at all! Instead of being overshadowed by Superman he’s about to be overshadowed by the Rock. Black Adam is going to be the bigger franchise of the two I suspect.
    Yeah!black adam screams a bigger franchise..
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he kind of has to fight Billy but I have no idea when that's going to happen.
    I suspect at the end of the day they would put black adam as the central figure of shazam family.. his chair/throne is waiting..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-01-2021 at 10:24 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Something the Snyder fans are very heated about. Shazam will be fine, but he will be in the shadow of the Rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Black Adam will get to fight Superman...it'll just likely be Michael B. Jordan's Val Zod by then.

I kid, I kid. Well, slightly.
    Maybe, it’s not really clear where the MBJ series fits into the picture. Might just be it’s own standalone thing like The Batman, Joker, and the Coates reboot. Frankly I think it will be since I imagine Supergirl will be Cavill’s replacement, and this will be off in its own corner. With Cavill I’m thinking they aren’t going to explicitly get rid of him, they just aren’t going to touch on him at all.

Maybe, it’s not really clear where the MBJ series fits into the picture. Might just be it’s own standalone thing like The Batman, Joker, and the Coates reboot. Frankly I think it will be since I imagine Supergirl will be Cavill’s replacement, and this will be off in its own corner. With Cavill I’m thinking they aren’t going to explicitly get rid of him, they just aren’t going to touch on him at all.
    My personal theory is that MBJ's Val Zod series will kind of be like the Netflix Marvel series - part of the shared universe, and also not. Meaning his show on HBO Max will reference DCEU events and things and characters, but none of the movies will reference him and his series and none of the movie people will drop in on his series. So a part of the DCEU but also apart from it. My reasoning is because HBO Max and the WB theatrical films studio seems to be at weird odds with each other. Like Max did the Snyder Cut seemingly against the film studios wishes, and Max decided to pick up MBJ and his Val Zod pitch when the studio seemed against having a non-Clark Kent Superman and went in the direction of race bending for their own black Superman project. Like, remember when CN kept killing the DC shows like Young Justice and Beware the Batman and so on, and other WB properties like Thundercats? Because CN wanted to do their own shows with their own style and their own tone? But they still had to air the DC and other stuff so just screwed them on the release schedules and such? I think it's kind of like that here - HBO and the film studio have to pretend like they get along, Max will have to air the spin offs of the movies, but they also want to make their own stuff and compete and etc as well.

I mean, I could be wrong and misreading this entirely. This is just purely my own guess from what we've seen so far.

I think this has been long term plan back when they started turning Black Adam into more of an ant-hero than a villain. Unlike Shazam they can promote Black Adam with his original name and he is edgier character. And we all know that DC likes some edge.

Nah that makes sense. I mean if it really takes off they might ask MBJ to be the film Superman replacement to Cavill, if he even wants to. But I can see the film guys just as easily ignoring this series entirely since it’s a limited series that will probably be a one and done season. Plus if they’re adapting Val actually replacing Kal as his successor, something I suspect the film side is eyeing Jon for given Jon’s push as a character doesn’t make sense otherwise, it’s better just to keep it all separate. I don’t personally care either way, I’m not going to watch it since outside of S&L, I’ve completely written off live action Superman, and I don’t care about Val as a character (shocker that I don’t like a Tom Taylor OC I know). But since Coates and MBJ’s projects are seemingly keeping Snyder’s evil Superman crap at bay I’m not too upset at the loss of Clark Kent on the big screen. Maybe in a decade or so we’ll get a new reboot with a new classic take by someone who isn’t an edgy hack.

Got The Suicide Squad next week where I’ll go to support Bloodsport as a Superman Rogue, got Aquaman 2, The Batman, Shazam 2, Black Adam, I’m pretty happy overall. Flash is the only thing I don’t really think I’ll go see unless the reviews are glowing and Keaton puts on a good show since Ezra is a lousy Flash in my eyes.