Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Not a fan of Peter's big plan just being calling in for help - if he's calling in the Spider-Family, why doesn't he just call in Thor and Herc and have them rip Red Goblin in two like Sentry did? I do like Peter hiding out in Oscorp; I'm still hoping the reveal in ASM 800 is that he uses their resources to build himself a symbiote spider-armor to amp himself to defeat Red Goblin on his own.
    There's no really getting around the plothole, personally I like it. I wish the spider-family was more connected. It never makes sense to me when a superhero doesn't call upon his close superhero friends.

This is the most excited I’ve been about an arc in a LONG time! Really looking forward to the next issue.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    There's no really getting around the plothole, personally I like it. I wish the spider-family was more connected. It never makes sense to me when a superhero doesn't call upon his close superhero friends.
    Well, if Peter didn't call anyone for help then it would be fine. But when he calls only a few (less powerful) heroes for help, and not the big guns, that's when the plot hole comes about, at least IMO.

Do you consider Johnny and Clash part of the Spider-Family? (Just curious; the Spider-Family is far from being well-defined, so I'd like to see who different people include within it: obviously Peter and Miles are in it)

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Well, if Peter didn't call anyone for help then it would be fine. But when he calls only a few (less powerful) heroes for help, and not the big guns, that's when the plot hole comes about, at least IMO.
    IMO, I don't really see how it would be fine if he called no one. Calling no one sort of ignores the plothole, but doesn't bring attention to it. Calling in his close friends addresses it but uses it in a way that doesn't break the story. Like I said there's kind of no way of getting around it.

Do you consider Johnny and Clash part of the Spider-Family? (Just curious; the Spider-Family is far from being well-defined, so I'd like to see who different people include within it: obviously Peter and Miles are in it)
    I mean kind of? Honestly I just typed Spider-family as a catch all. Though I guess that Spider-Family is more of a fan term? I don't recall it ever being officially used anywhere.

I think most people would assume it includes anyone in 616 with spider powers, hence Spider-Family, though I think when it comes to Peter's closest allies, most of them are not actually other spiders.

Which I think is part of the problem with the concept of a "Spider-Family."

It's more of a "Spider-Family" in terms of species then it is an actual family.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So somehow between this issue and 800, MJ will go through big developments. Guess we won't see them till 800 since she won't be featured in this issue.

BANNED

this is giving off a identity crisis vibe for me. let's hope Norman doesn't go bat **** crazy and take liz to hold her hostage with his son. Next thing you know is that she is you know what and he is throwing her off a bridge.

Ugh... true. I also prefer seeing Spider-characters over regular Avengers, but it's just a huge plot hole, especially for when Norman inevitably beats all those heroes and captures all of Peter's loved ones anyways. And that's why I'd prefer Peter not call for help at all; at least then the issue is avoided. Peter calling for help, but only calling weak heroes (with the exception of Johnny) against one of the greatest threats of his entire career is just bad writing IMO.
    Maybe he's calling Miles because of that time he one shot Venom in Civil War II, but he's not aware that Miles doesn't have the Bendis-Force

It's not my first choice for a way to beat Red Goblin either, but now that some sort of symbiote costume was confirmed for ASM 800, I think it's way better than any competing ideas I have (like Peter using the symbiote he got in Venomized, or Peter just stealing Eddie's symbiote, or even Peter somehow getting Toxin back even though Toxin was killed IIRC).
    Toxin is like, trapped in another dimension at best, think he merged with another symbiote or some ****, I don't remember much about that Carnage mini... But either way, I doubt it's Toxin since he doesn't actualy look like Venom.

Hopefully Slott exceeds expectations though!
    Same, I actualy was thinking that GDS was gonna be whatever since I found Red Level: Threat (Or whatever it's called) to be underwhelming, but here we are, it's so good I'm even seeing some Slott haters agree that it's good lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think most people would assume it includes anyone in 616 with spider powers, hence Spider-Family, though I think when it comes to Peter's closest allies, most of them are not actually other spiders.

Which I think is part of the problem with the concept of a "Spider-Family."

It's more of a "Spider-Family" in terms of species then it is an actual family.
    If "Spider-Family" means actualy the characters with Spider powers, then that's a pretty dynfunctional family

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    this is giving off a identity crisis vibe for me. let's hope Norman doesn't go bat **** crazy and take liz to hold her hostage with his son. Next thing you know is that she is you know what and he is throwing her off a bridge.
    Well Norman did mention he's not throwing anyone off a bridge this time, he mentioned he only did that when he was so "Green" lol.

I feel bad for Flash, pretty much everybody else knows Peter's secret identity except him, and at this point after everything that's happened, he deserves to know!

Which is another reason why I'm very worried he may end up being the one to bite the dust by this arc's end...fingers crossed he makes it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I feel bad for Flash, pretty much everybody else knows Peter's secret identity except him, and at this point after everything that's happened, he deserves to know!
    Y'know, Peter kind of looks like a tool if he'll go to the trouble of telling J. Jonah Jameson his identity (which ended up backfiring big time here) but he still strings Flash along like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, Peter kind of looks like a tool if he'll go to the trouble of telling J. Jonah Jameson his identity (which ended up backfiring big time here) but he still strings Flash along like this.
    Flash didn't cry hard enough in front of Spidey for that to be done

But it seems that they went back with Peter being really secretive about his secret identity, and only reveal to close friends, and the members of New Avengers... Yeah him not revealing it to Flash is dumb.

But the really weird thing is why he doesn't know already, the symbiote got control of Spider-Otto back in Superior, and somehow didn't learn his secret identity? Come on lol.

I really hope Flash doesn't find out in 800 only to die heroically. Flash has gone through a lot in his publishing history, it'd be nice for him to keep on living out being a hero alongside his hero, or at least live in general. Be nice to Flash, please, Dan? Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I really hope Flash doesn't find out in 800 only to die heroically. Flash has gone through a lot in his publishing history, it'd be nice for him to keep on living out being a hero alongside his hero, or at least live in general. Be nice to Flash, please, Dan? Pretty please?
    I feel like Slott writing him to die and based on the preview of 800 he is in the final battle between Norman and Peter. He is also the only one still active to fight based on the preview. And additional his death will have the most impact honestly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I can see that happening and it would be a way to spite not only Peter, but Harry as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Well Osborn Nearly killed Flash Once, doing it again and in a crueler way would be a surprise. Especially given that Dan helped Flash a bit into the hero he is.