Page 31 of 432 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    What first part of the post or what second part of the post?
    second part

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Ha. Can I ask you a question though. One friend even with the fixed version thinks the legs crossed still don't look right? I think it looks fine. Anatomically wrong like my friend thinks?
    Whisper. your friend is correct, anatomy is still a wee bit dodgy, but it’s heaps better without the third leg. The Emma figure is better. Plus I don’t like the way Jean’s feet are hovering in mid-air. But I’ve seen, let’s be honest I’ve drawn much worse!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    second part
    Well, imagine Jean landing in front of a baddy, where would be her skirt?
    But, anyway, without the Phoenix Force, Marvel Girl didn't fly, did she?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The skirt was created during Jean’s damsel in distress days (another reason why we are not fond of it). Now a days Jean uses her TK to keep the skirt under control and in emergencies her TP can also help. Wonder what Super Girl does?
    First X-Lady

While I am not a fan of the minidress in the present I doubt Jean is worried about her underwear being seen when she’s flying. Her underwear is probably the same material as her dress anyway. I mean Suoergirl isn’t worried, and other X chicks have worn less in modern times such as Kwannon in a thong and the costume Storm wore before X-men red was basically a swimsuit with pretty woman thigh high boots. Just saying....

Anyway, I think the reason why Hickman purposely put her in that dress needs to be clearly revealed already. How many months has it been? I’m dying for a new costume that isn’t a repaint of a previously worn costume.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    The skirt was created during Jean’s damsel in distress days (another reason why we are not fond of it). Now a days Jean uses her TK to keep the skirt under control and in emergencies her TP can also help. Wonder what Super Girl does?

Tbf, the skirt was created after the "damsel-in-distress" days it was representative of the change in Jean similar to how Jean transformed into Phoenix. Back then she was able to affect Juggernaut through his helmet, hit Hulk with a psychic attack comparable to Professor X, and noted as having unlimited psionic abilities and that was all before the firebird started harassing her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL...I honestly think that because you guys (and others across the internetz) made such a stink about it...HiX-Man has mandated that Jean wears her MG mini dress for as long as he's directing the X-books...just to see how long you all will continue to whine and moan over it. He's probably having so much fun right now.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

He’s made no secret that he doesn’t care for X-Fans.

Note to self: never complain about the choices a writer makes for a beloved character.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post

Note to self: never complain about the choices a writer makes for a beloved character.
    I think he likes Cyclops and Emma

He doesn't care much for Jean neither…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think he likes Cyclops and Emma
    Hickman faves are magneto, Emma, Monet, bob and sam, Sinister. He also realy likes Cyclops.

I don't think he cares about fan opinions, or even previous characterizations.

Anyway would be really not good keep a costume just to get some fans mad. Work on storytelling, not on getting fans mad

While I am not a fan of the minidress in the present I doubt Jean is worried about her underwear being seen when she’s flying. Her underwear is probably the same material as her dress anyway. I mean Suoergirl isn’t worried, and other X chicks have worn less in modern times such as Kwannon in a thong and the costume Storm wore before X-men red was basically a swimsuit with pretty woman thigh high boots. Just saying....
    Funny enough there was a time that they put supergirl using skirts with shorts. I guess it was nick spencer or maybe the editor's idea

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, imagine Jean landing in front of a baddy, where would be her skirt?
    But, anyway, without the Phoenix Force, Marvel Girl didn't fly, did she?
    Got it, now I understand.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-30-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL...I honestly think that because you guys (and others across the internetz) made such a stink about it...HiX-Man has mandated that Jean wears her MG mini dress for as long as he's directing the X-books...just to see how long you all will continue to whine and moan over it. He's probably having so much fun right now.
    But, wouldn't this make Hickman a troll??

I think Hickman has his reasons for the suit. Even if so far, I'm not buying it.
    Anyway, he allowed Jean to have an other suit for his giant X-Men book. Can't wait to read this book.

Percy is SO good for Jean. He fleshed out her view on life and death, and gave her interesting dialogue with characters like Magneto and Beast. This last issue did a lot with little space. Beast's claims that the humans are at the omega stage are in no way verified, and Jean knows it, but she also knows the risk of leaving them alive is too great in case Beast is right. So she's internally conflicted, kills the entities (maybe humans, maybe omegas), and then Beast treats her as someone who has come to her senses and unquestionably did the right thing. It's not that simple so Beast should #&%@ off.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This costume looks so much better than the Marvel Girl costume.