View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 907 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 40780785789790390490590690790890991091191795710071407 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,605 of 21672

Been reading the DCU by Mignola, and man, they really shit the bed with this one, but at the same time, did a really nice job.

It's standard size as we know, but some of the issues have a border around them so they're actually smaller than the single issue art would be.

Has a Table of Contents, which is nice, and includes covers-but only if Mignola did the cover for that particular issue. So World of Krypton just jumps issue to issue, no cover. They also include the covers he did for other series, even if he didn't do the interior art-but they include them randomly throughout the book, in between issues(which leads to awkward reading especially if he didn't do the cover for an issue, but there are 2-3 covers between that issue and the previous one).

It's a really nice display of his evolution as an artist. Lots of Byrne penned stories too. I forgot how much work they did together leading up to Hellboy. The first story, the Phantom Stranger mini was okay, doesn't really look like the Mignola I know and love. The World of Krypton was great(looking forward to the DCU by Byrne later this year for the other two "World of" minis, even if it's standard size), you start to see his style evolve towards what he's known for, and it actually reminded me a lot of Jae Lee's art, inky lines and open colored spaces. Some solid Superman stories too, and by the end of the collection, his art is much more closer to what he's known for.

Overall, I really enjoyed it aside from the standard size and confusing cover collection. Oh, and under the dust jackets is a full wrap around cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    2 more you should bold Fourth World and Kamandi two amazing books from Jack Kirby.
    Help me out, what is the Fourth World About? I definitely like the older classic stuff. I just try to stick to characters I know.
    Sell me, tell me why I should buy it. :-)
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by acnblj View Post
    Where did you find this list?
    I went to google and searched DC 2017 Omnibus Releases and this came up....

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...ected-editions
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Help me out, what is the Fourth World About? I definitely like the older classic stuff. I just try to stick to characters I know.
    Sell me, tell me why I should buy it. :-)
    Well one it is written and drawn by Jack Kirby, it introduces the new gods. So you got Darkseid, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Highfather, and Steppenwolf just to name a few. Has Superman in it also, it is multiple books that kind of interlink. Starts out in Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen then launched Mister Miracle, New Gods, and The Forever People. The Forever People are some kids from New Genesis and also has the Infinity-Man. It introduces a lot of concepts and characters that get used still, sadly at the time it did not last that long and books got cancelled. They kind of let him finish it in the The Hunger Dogs. Mister Miracle ran the longest. General overview from wiki about the series and it all stems from those two planets, but all kinds of crazy adventures and Kirby doing some of his best work.

"The Fourth World" dealt with the battle between good and evil as represented by the worlds of New Genesis and Apokolips. Darkseid, the evil lord of Apokolips, seeks the Anti-Life Equation which will allow him to control the thoughts of all living beings. Opposing him is Orion, his son raised by Highfather and his enemies on New Genesis"

Well one it is written and drawn by Jack Kirby, it introduces the new gods. So you got Darkseid, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Highfather, and Steppenwolf just to name a few. Has Superman in it also, it is multiple books that kind of interlink. Starts out in Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen then launched Mister Miracle, New Gods, and The Forever People. The Forever People are some kids from New Genesis and also has the Infinity-Man. It introduces a lot of concepts and characters that get used still, sadly at the time it did not last that long and books got cancelled. They kind of let him finish it in the The Hunger Dogs. Mister Miracle ran the longest. General overview from wiki about the series and it all stems from those two planets, but all kinds of crazy adventures and Kirby doing some of his best work.

"The Fourth World" dealt with the battle between good and evil as represented by the worlds of New Genesis and Apokolips. Darkseid, the evil lord of Apokolips, seeks the Anti-Life Equation which will allow him to control the thoughts of all living beings. Opposing him is Orion, his son raised by Highfather and his enemies on New Genesis"
    Not to mention it reads like a Shakespearean novel. The art is some of Kirby at his finest. Its pretty magnificent, and was waaaay ahead of its time.

Dang You!! Great summary! I'm convinced. I like Darkseid, first memory of him in Superman: TAS as well as Justice League show. (Why can't we have those series again for adults and actually run a half hour???) Anyway, I need to go read "the specs" on it: price, length, etc., and find some page previews.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 06-17-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Dang You!! Great summary! I'm convinced. I like Darkseid, first memory of him in Superman: TAS as well as Justice League show. (Why can't we have those series again for adults and actually run a half hour???) Anyway, I need to go read "the specs" on it: price, length, etc., and find some page previews.
    It should be a good sized book for sure the last time they did them in hardcover they did 4 decent sized books, nothing crazy. This is the first three pages of New Gods #1.

IM11.jpg

Justice League Action isn't that bad. Its pretty good, bringing obscure characters out, and had that long game story line. Young Justice is also pretty good.

give JL Action and Young Justice a chance! I LOVE the Bruce Timm animated universe but YJ was very good, started out solid but by the second season it hooked me big time. And they are making a 3rd season finally! The 2nd season ended with a huge cliffhanger.
    JL Action is fun, not as kiddy as Brave and the Bold or TT Go was (although IMHO Brave and the bold was great too) but not as "adult"ish as the Timm verse. It's 1`min/ep so I just pop in one when I fancy eating a bag of crisps to have something to watch while I'm munching. Perfect for that.

Also, hope you've watched the JL-Gods and monsters animated movie.

I thought the Wonder Woman Project 100 was something else. Its just a collection of covers done on her 75th issues.

Fantastic Member

It's solicitation time again! Here are the HCs from the September solicitations:

ABSOLUTE WILDC.A.T.S HC
    Written by BRANDON CHOI, JIM LEE, SCOTT LOBDELL, ERIC SILVESTRI, CHRIS CLAREMONT and others
    Art by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILIAMS, MARC SILVESTRI and others
    Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    Twenty-five years ago, Jim Lee premiered the legendary team known as WildC.A.T.s and help launch Image Comics. Now, Jim’s entire WildC.A.T.s run is collected for the first time in one oversized Absolute volume, including WILDC.A.T.S #1-13 and #50, CYBERFORCE #1-3, WILDCATS #1 and WILDC.A.T.S/X-MEN: THE SILVER AGE #1. This edition also features remastered color for WILDC.A.T.S #1-4, the unpublished script for WILDCATS #2 and a new cover by Jim Lee!
    On sale DECEMBER 13 • 624 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5” • $125.00 US

ABSOLUTE WONDER WOMAN BY BRIAN AZZARELLO AND CLIFF CHIANG VOL. 2 HC
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by CLIFF CHIANG, GORAN SUDZUKA, TONY AKINS, ACO and others
    Cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang’s acclaimed run on WONDER WOMAN concludes in this Absolute edition collecting WONDER WOMAN #19-35 and #23.2! First, the world is shocked when Zeus’ deadly First Born is freed from his slumber. Now, with her family in ruins and her friends scattered, Diana must turn to Orion and the New Gods of New Genesis to save herself and Zola’s baby from her half-brother’s wrath! Then, Wonder Woman’s life is changed when she is called on to take the place of War. But there’s no time to consider the fallout of this new role as her family prepares for an assault on Olympus!
    On sale FEBRUARY 7 • 456 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5” $125.00 US

BATGIRL: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by GARDNER FOX, MIKE FRIEDRICH, FRANK ROBBINS, DENNIS O’NEIL, BOB ROZAKIS and others
    Art by CARMINE INFANTINO, GIL KANE, DON HECK, BOB OKSNER and others
    Cover by KARL KERSCHL
    Throughout the 1970s, Barbara Gordon, a.k.a. Batgirl, was one of DC’s most popular heroes. Now, the adventures of Gotham City’s greatest heroine are collected in an oversize omnibus collection, BATGIRL: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1!
    This massive title features numerous appearances by Batman and Robin and collects DETECTIVE COMICS #359, #363, #369, #371, #384-385, #388-389, #392-393, #396-397, #400-401, #404-424, #481-499, #501-502, #505-506, #508-510, #512-519, BATMAN #197 and BATMAN FAMILY #1, #3-7 and #9-11.
    On sale DECEMBER 20 • 504 pg, FC, $99.99 US

BATMAN: HUSH 15TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by JEPH LOEB
    Art and cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    In this classic tale, Batman sets out to learn the identity of the mysterious villain known as Hush. But Batman ends up facing the most intense case of his life as secrets from his past flood into the present!
    Guest-starring the Dark Knight’s greatest allies and enemies, this collection presents BATMAN #608-619, a 6-page segment from Wizard #0 and a 2-page origin story that originally appeared at dccomics.com as a Deluxe Edition hardcover for the first time, plus a brand-new cover by superstar artist Jim Lee!
    On sale NOVEMBER 8 • 376 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” • $49.99 US

BATMAN UNWRAPPED: DEATH OF THE FAMILY HC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by GREG CAPULLO and JOCK
    Cover by GREG CAPULLO
    After having his face sliced off, The Joker makes his horrifying return to Gotham City in this epic from issues #13-17 that shook Batman to his core! But even for a man who’s committed a lifetime of murder, he’s more dangerous than ever before. How can Batman protect his city and those he’s closest to? These stories are presented in black and white for the first time in this new hardcover!
    On sale DECEMBER 13 • 160 pg, B&W • $29.99 US

HARLEY QUINN: A ROGUES GALLERY—THE DELUXE COVER ART COLLECTION HC
    Art by AMANDA CONNER, BRUCE TIMM, ALEX ROSS, TERRY DODSON, FRANK CHO, JIM LEE, ADAM HUGHES and others
    Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    It’s the 25th anniversary of Harley Quinn, and in celebration of this momentous occasion, DC is collecting the best of Harley’s covers from her own solo series, SUICIDE SQUAD and more! Don’t miss this gallery hardcover featuring the work of the best comics artists in the biz!
    On sale OCTOBER 18 • 176 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $24.99 US

HOUSE OF SECRETS: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by LEN WEIN, GERRY CONWAY, JACK OLECK and others
    Art by BERNIE WRIGHTSON, JIM APARO, SERGIO ARAGONES, NEAL ADAMS, WALLACE WOOD and others
    Cover by BERNIE WRIGHTSON
    Collecting HOUSE OF SECRETS #81-111 and featuring the first appearance of Swamp Thing, this new mystery collection includes contributions from such writers and artists as Len Wein, Bernie Wrightson, Jim Aparo and many others, and sets the groundwork for classic DC Universe horror stories for years to come.
    On sale FEBRUARY 7 • 864 pg, FC, $99.99 US

INJUSTICE 2 VOL. 1 HC
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by BRUNO REDONDO, JUAN ALBARRAN, DANIEL SAMPERE and others
    Tom Taylor continues his hit series Injustice: Gods Among Us story as Superman is imprisoned, and it’s up to Batman to put the world back together. But with Superman’s iron-fisted regime eliminated, other forces rise up to fill the void. And Batman doesn’t have a lot of allies left to help stop them. But when Harley Quinn has an encounter with Amanda Waller, the new Suicide Squad ends up breaking into the Pentagon. Featuring appearances by Harley Quinn, Superman, Damian and man more.
    Collects INJUSTICE 2 #1-6.
    On sale OCTOBER 25 • 144 pg, FC, $24.99 US

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: THE DETROIT ERA OMNIBUS HC
    Written by GERRY CONWAY, J.M. DeMATTEIS and others
    Art by CHUCK PATTON, MIKE MACHLAN, LUKE McDONNELL and others
    Cover by CHUCK PATTON and DICK GIORDANO
    A new era of JLA thrills began with these 1980s tales in which Aquaman assumed leadership of the World’s Greatest Heroes! First, Vixen traces the financing for a terrorist group to the African nation of M’Changa, where she must battle a charismatic leader who wants her powers. Then, the team races to the Soviet Union to rescue Superman, Wonder Woman and the Flash, and Amazo returns to find a completely different team! Plus, Despero escapes his prison on Takron-Galtos to menace the universe again!
    Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #233-261, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA ANNUAL #2, INFINITY INC. #19, JLA CLASSIFIED #14-16 and #22-25 and JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA RETROACTIVE #1.
    On sale DECEMBER 6 • 952 pg, FC, $99.99 US

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA: A MIDSUMMER’S NIGHTMARE THE DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by MARK WAID and FABIAN NICIEZA
    Art by JEFF JOHNSON, DARICK ROBERTSON and others
    Cover by KEVIN MAGUIRE
    In this three-issue miniseries that led into Grant Morrison’s JLA run, something is wrong with the World’s Greatest Heroes! Each has forgotten the life in which he or she wore a costume and protected the planet with their own unique powers and abilities. Even stranger, ordinary people everywhere are gaining their own powers in an insidious plan to cultivate Earth’s population as a race of super-soldiers!
    On sale OCTOBER 25 • 128 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” $24.99 US

JLA: THE NAIL/ANOTHER NAIL DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by ALAN DAVIS
    Art by ALAN DAVIS and MARK FARMER
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    These Elseworlds tales from JLA: THE NAIL #1-3 and JLA: ANOTHER NAIL #1-3, collected in a single hardcover for the first time, examine the repercussions of a simple event as the Kents’ flat tire prevents them from discovering a small rocket ship with an alien baby inside it! As a result, the world’s greatest hero never comes to be. Without Superman as a symbol of integrity who inspires greatness, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Aquaman, the Atom and Green Lantern must battle public and interpersonal distrust as they attempt to work together to protect a world that fears them.
    On sale OCTOBER 18 • 320 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $39.99 US

Fantastic Member

Damn, I need more space for posting these. Here are the rest

NIGHTWING: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
    Written by TIM SEELEY
    Art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ, MARCUS TO, MARCIO TAKARA and MINKYU JUNG
    Cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    Dick Grayson is back in Gotham City, fighting to reclaim the life that was taken from him! Then, Nightwing takes off for the city of Blüdhaven, hoping to find a fresh start. Instead, he finds foes who’ve waited years for payback against the one-time Boy Wonder as a serial killer stalks the streets, framing him for crimes he didn’t commit.
    Collects NIGHTWING: REBIRTH #1 and NIGHTWING #1-15.
    On sale OCTOBER 25 • 384 pg • FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $34.99 US

SEBASTIAN O/THE MYSTERY PLAY DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Art and cover by STEVE YEOWELL and JON J MUTH
    Two of Grant Morrison’s most intriguing works are collected in a single hardcover volume! First, in the three- issue miniseries SEBASTIAN 0, Edwardian dandy Sebastian O is out for revenge on the members of a shadowy, sordid gentlemen’s club that had him committed to a mental institution. Hunted by assassins, Sebastian believes he will triumph by means of his exquisite fashion sense! Then, in the graphic novel THE MYSTERY PLAY, an actor portraying Satan is accused of murdering the actor playing God in a Renaissance festival, bringing a rural English village to the edge of self-destruction.
    On sale OCTOBER 18 • 168 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875” • $29.99 US MATURE READERS

SUICIDE SQUAD: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
    Written by ROB WILLIAMS
    Art by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS, PHILIP TAN, JASON FABOK, SEAN “CHEEKS” GALLOWAY, GARY FRANK, IVAN REIS, CARLOS D’ANDA, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and others
    The Suicide Squad’s newest challenge? A prisoner so powerful that even these murderers and thieves can’t control him: General Zod! Then, Amanda Waller needs Kryptonite, and only Lex Luthor has it! And the dark energies of the Black Vault are driving everyone in Belle Reve Penitentiary to acts of violent, bloody madness. Everyone except Harley Quinn, who’s somehow been cured! Plus: welcome to Evil Anonymous, the support group for super-villains in need, where no problem is too insane or homicidal.
    Collects SUICIDE SQUAD #1-8, SUICIDE SQUAD: REBIRTH #1 and the HARLEY QUINN AND THE SUICIDE SQUAD APRIL FOOL’S SPECIAL #1!
    On sale OCTOBER 18 • 296 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $34.99 US

WONDER WOMAN: THE REBIRTH DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
    Written by GREG RUCKA
    Art by LIAM SHARP, NICOLA SCOTT, BILQUIS EVELY and MATTHEW CLARK
    Cover by LIAM SHARP
    In this new WONDER WOMAN hardcover, after suffering an unimaginable loss, Diana must rebuild her mission as Earth’s ultimate protector and champion. However, in the midst of her grief, her Lasso of Truth stopped working! Start down the rabbit hole as dark secrets from Wonder Woman’s past unravel her present! Plus, in the definitive tale of Diana’s first year as Earth’s protector, paradise has been breached, Ares stirs and the Amazons must answer with a champion of their own…one who is willing to sacrifice her home among her sisters to save a world she has never seen. Wonder Woman’s journey begins in this epic origin story!
    Collects WONDER WOMAN #1-14 and WONDER WOMAN: REBIRTH #1.
    On sale OCTOBER 4 • 360 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $34.99 US

Fantastic Member

And the fat TPBs:

THE DEMON BY JACK KIRBY TP
    Written by JACK KIRBY
    Art and cover by JACK KIRBY and MIKE ROYER
    Jack Kirby’s legendary creation, Etrigan the Demon, is back in a new title collecting his entire original 16-issue series. From the streets of Gotham City, demonologist Jason Blood battles occult evil as the Demon, taking on the menaces of Morgaine le Fey, Klarion the Witchboy and his familiar, Teekl, and much more!
    On sale OCTOBER 11 • 384 pg, FC, $29.99 US

THE FLASH BY MARK WAID BOOK THREE TP
    Written by MARK WAID
    Art by MIKE WIERINGO, JOSE MARZAN JR. and others
    Cover by ALAN DAVIS and MARK FARMER
    After his devastating battle with Professor Zoom and the Zero Hour event, Wally West must get his life back on track with the help of Nightwing and Starfire, only to be charged with criminal negligence after thwarting Heatwave’s Christmas crime spree. And racing to Keystone City straight from the future, it’s Impulse, the latest member of The Flash’s super-speed family!
    Collects THE FLASH #80-94.
    On sale OCTOBER 11 • 368 pg, FC, $34.99 US

GREEN LANTERN: KYLE RAYNER VOL. 1 TP
    Written by RON MARZ, BEAU SMITH and others
    Art by DARRYL BANKS, JAMAL IGLE, DEREC AUCOIN, CULLY HAMNER and others
    Cover by DARRYL BANKS and ROMEO TANGHAL
    A new Green Lantern is born when artist Kyle Rayner is awarded the last power ring—but how can he fill Hal Jordan’s shoes? A classic chapter in Green Lantern history is collected beginning here with tales from GREEN LANTERN #48-57, REBELS ’94 #1 and NEW TITANS #116.
    On sale OCTOBER 4 • 368 pg, FC, $29.99 US

SUPERGIRL VOL. 3: PETER DAVID TP (I love this title )
    Written by PETER DAVID, DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING
    Art by LEONARD KIRK, PRENTICE ROLLINS, ROBIN RIGGS, DUSTY ABELL, BUTCH GUICE and others
    Cover by LEONARD KIRK and ROBIN RIGGS
    The 1990s adventures of Supergirl continue—and there’s a new hero in her hometown of Leesburg: Comet! But why does this dashing new hero need so much help from the Girl of Steel? Plus, the Female Furies drag Supergirl to Apokolips, and Matrix returns—and it wants Supergirl’s identity! This volume includes guest appearances by Steel, Resurrection Man.
    Collects SUPERGIRL #21-31, SUPERGIRL #1,000,000 and RESURRECTION MAN #16-17!
    On sale OCTOBER 4 • 336 pg, FC, $29.99 US

WONDER WOMAN AND THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA BOOK TWO TP
    Written by DAN VADO
    Art by KEVIN WEST, KEN BRANCH, MARC CAMPOS and others
    Cover by TBD
    In these 1990s tales, Wonder Woman takes over as leader of the Justice League of America, whether members like Green Lantern Guy Gardner, Booster Gold or Blue Beetle like it or not. After a final battle with her brother, Ice decides that her destiny lies with the Justice League! Plus, a cult that worships an alien intelligence must stop the team from discovering their dark aims—at any cost! And then, it’s judgment day as the Overmaster returns…and the U.N. sanctioned Leaguebusters are taking Overmaster’s side in this battle!
    Collects JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #65-66, JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #86-91 and JUSTICE LEAGUE TASK FORCE #13-14.
    On sale OCTOBER 4 • 276 pg, FC, $24.99 US

Nice to see they are going to start collecting Kyle Rayner's Green Lantern run in decent sized trades.

Incredible Member

Will definetly be picking up

BATGIRL: THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    THE FLASH BY MARK WAID BOOK THREE TP
    GREEN LANTERN: KYLE RAYNER VOL. 1 TP - for those wondering this volume does include "Emerald Twilight"