Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hey, what was wrong with Ant-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hey, what was wrong with Ant-Man?
    Just boring. Also annoyed me that they shelved Cassie’s powers and put a random new guy in the Giant-Man suit.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Jason Aaron and Landrum.

A mix of a current writer reinventing the concept with someone that I always refered to as the "Kirby of the arsty kind".

I liked what Aaron did on Thor before the Jane replacement. And Landrum was always someone I dreamed of seeing draw the FF.

Ewing or Aaron to write - They seem pretty good at those big, high concept stories. They also seem not afraid to try something new with characters, which is sorely need for the FF.

McNiven is my top choice for art. I love the way he draws them.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

My choice to a new creative team for Fantastic Four is :
    Written by Peter David.
    Art by Jim Cheung.

BANNED

Ewing and Dauterman.

Magdalene Visaggio and Sara Pichelli/Valerio Schiti.

Yeah yeah, I know Visaggio's not a big-name writer. I'm honestly not sure that even matters, on a book like Fantastic Four. What matters is that she can do the blend of crazy concepts and deep, loving relationships.

As for the art: Pichelli and Schiti as rotating primary artists, with occasional guest artists. They're both artists who are great at crazy stuff and personal stuff. Schiti is particularly superb when it comes to comedic beats. Few artists can make me laugh quite like he can. But he's also just phenomenally talented in general.

Alternate choice for writer: Marjorie Liu, because screw you, you know she'd nail it.

Chris Yost would be good too. He did a great job on the animated series in the mid 2000s.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I wouldn't mind Scott Lobdell and Alan Davis getting another go.

Writers:
    - Mark Waid (He is my number 1 choice. I would love it if he did another run with the First Family)
    - Al Ewing
    - Jonathan Hickman
    - Jeff Lemire

Artists:
    - Joe Madureira
    - Todd Nauck
    - Olivier Coipel
    - Jim Cheung

Anything created by those guys in any combination would be fantastic (pun intended) in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I wouldn't mind Scott Lobdell and Alan Davis getting another go.
    Maybe Marvel should cut down on the number of sexual harassers it hires.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

There's a lot of good candidates mentioned.

Kesel is still my #1 pick followed closely by Ewing. Slott would be great based on his Silver Surfer and Thing runs, as well as the FF appearances in AMS.

I could see Nick Spencer or Jason Aaron writing, but both have had controversial runs on classic titles. I'm not sure how they would be received on FF.

I'd rather see a new writer instead of a former writer returning, so I would pass on Robinson, Waid, or Hickman.

The only cosmic title I remember PAD on is Captain Marvel. I wasn't a fan of that series, so unless he had the best pitch, I would probably go with someone else.

I'm not a fan of Lobdell. Plus the harassment rumours would make me uncomfortable having him on the title.

I'm not familiar enough with Yost, Liu, Vissagio, Lemire, or Zdarsky to know if they would be a good fit or not.

Priest would be good. He strikes me as someone who is suited for more street level, or espionage type titles, but I'd love to see him try the cosmic family style adventures.

I'm not sure on Starlin. He's done great work in the cosmic corner of the MU. I just think that Thanos and Warlock would show up by the end of the first arc and then take over the title.

I've seen Alan Davis mentioned on art. But I think he could also throw his hat into the writer ring. His run on Excalibur had a great mixture of smaller stories building up to an epic story. Plus he handled the family dynamics on Clan Destine very well.

They haven't been mentioned yet, but I think Paul Cornell or Dan Abnett could do a good job.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Aaron and Ribic
    I'd take those 2 working together on any series really.

As well as Remender and Opena.

Morrison and Quitely/Burnham

Johns/EVS

Hastings/Stegman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    writer- Christopher Priest
    artist- Olivier Coipel
    Agree on the writer but didn't Copiel sign with DC? I like the suggestion of Tom Grummett earlier. He did the Fantastic Four "Nuff Said" issue some years back were all the comics that month were to be "silent", no dialogue or captions. I was able to buy the ending splash page from him.