Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default August Solicits, Cover Reveal New Clues About DC's "Futures End"

DC has released more clues about the DCU five years from now with its August 2014 solicits for "Futures End" #14-17, and a new Ryan Sook cover.

Full article here.

This is looking better and better.

Whoa, is that Donna?

Just finished reading both #0 and #1 and they were pretty good. Not the best, but still fun with the potential to develop into something better - which is the way it looks now judging from these solicits.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Whoa, is that Donna?
    Nope, it's Big Barda

BANNED

Who is the muscular girl fighting Deathstroke?

Who's the centric girl behind green glasses? Any guesses? Earth 2 related?
    Last edited by Shinomune; 05-09-2014 at 06:45 AM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Whoa, is that Donna?
    If that cover is for #14 and it is about the Earth 2 prisoners escaping, I'm guessing that's Fury.

Edit: Never mind!

Anyhow, these solicits get more and more intriguing with every new patch. I can't wait to see where this comic is going in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by CagedLeo730 View Post
    Nope, it's Big Barda
    AW. I was totally about to get excited. It was the red shirt that had me thinking it.

Still believe the Masked Superman will end up being the Eradicator. Maybe the issue prior reveals a Kryptonian baby, whom then is revealed to be under the protection of him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-09-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I can't wait to see where this comic is going in the future!
    I saw what you did there...

Spectacular Member

Maybe the Masked Superman is Val, since so many Earth 2 characters are appearing.

Fantastic Member

Here is my question....and if there has been any clues in the books (I only read 3 DCU books anymore...so I probably missed it) can someone give me the spoilers? They keep referring to this as the "New 52". We are what....3 years into this? Can the line still be called the NEW 52? There aren't 52 books anymore. Exactly what is the importance to the number 52 at this point? We have 3 earths that we know of (although if Multiversity is in continuity there will be more). Is 52 some ominous group that is working behind the scenes that we don't know about? I mean could next years "Crisis" be something like "Rise of the 52"? Some group that operates together but on different earths..and has had the power to not only travel but communicate between world? Maybe Powergirl has been looking for a technology that has already existed for decades...but nobody but the 52 know about it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Maybe the Masked Superman is Val, since so many Earth 2 characters are appearing.
    I hoping for the same as well. Also curious to see what is happening with Red Tornado. Is it Earth-2 RT being dismantled or the main earth RT being built?

Considering that's a female RT, I'm guessing its the Earth 2 Lois version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRain666 View Post
    Here is my question....and if there has been any clues in the books (I only read 3 DCU books anymore...so I probably missed it) can someone give me the spoilers? They keep referring to this as the "New 52". We are what....3 years into this? Can the line still be called the NEW 52? There aren't 52 books anymore. Exactly what is the importance to the number 52 at this point? We have 3 earths that we know of (although if Multiversity is in continuity there will be more). Is 52 some ominous group that is working behind the scenes that we don't know about? I mean could next years "Crisis" be something like "Rise of the 52"? Some group that operates together but on different earths..and has had the power to not only travel but communicate between world? Maybe Powergirl has been looking for a technology that has already existed for decades...but nobody but the 52 know about it?
    Well, to address your questions, yes, the line can still be called the New 52, because DC has been around for about 75 years so something that has been around for 3 is still pretty "new". Plus, it's a branding thing - "New Teen Titans" was still "New Teen Titans" for a long time after the first issue - and in fact became "New Titans" later. Not to mention the "New Gods".

As for the "52" part, while they have not been able to maintain 52 titles, they can't keep adjusting the number every month and changing the logo. At this point, "new52" is supposed to represent "the new world we created with those initial 52 titles."

But no, unless they pull something unexpected, the "new52" part is just a reference to the new continuity they began not long ago (relatively speaking).

EDIT: Worth noting that marketing, which this is a part of, is often about creating an idea, not necessarily reflecting it. So they want you to feel like it's new, so they keep telling you it's new. Note that a lot of products that advertise that they are "new and improved" are not, in fact, new or improved.
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 05-09-2014 at 07:15 AM.