Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Which western Marvel hero could you guys see getting their own film? Because I think it could be interesting if the MCU had a western under it's belt.
    The Rangers! (I know that’s a whole team).

This thread doesn't often get the chance to report a spotting, but Matt Hawk/Two-Gun Kid made a guest appearance in Falcon #s 4 & 5. Or, rather, his soul did. In Mephisto's Hell. It's complicated.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Love to see a book with the legacy heroes active at that time Black Panther, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Red Wolf, Puma, Phantom Rider, Ghost Rider ect.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 02-15-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Love to see a book with the legacy heroes active at that time Black Panther, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Red Wolf, Puma, Phantom Rider, Ghost Rider ect.
    Yes, if Marvel were to restart a Western series, it would be intriguing to have various legacy heroes cross paths. There would be all sorts of interesting plot lines to work on.

However, just because I am being pedantic, I do have to point out that, back in the 19th century Phantom Rider and Ghost Rider were the same character. He just had a name change retcon (from Ghost to Phantom) when the motorcycle riding Ghost Rider was created. As explained in the link.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Originally that was true but since then there has been at least 4 spirit of vengeance Ghost Riders in the Old West
    Demon Rider http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Kushala_(Earth-616)
    Ghost Rider the sheriff of Tombstone http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix6/g...erwildwest.htm
    Ghost Rider (Caleb) http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Caleb_(Earth-616)
    Native American Ghost Rider http://marvel.com/universe/Ghost_Rid...#axzz57KS32F7n

Even the Lone Ranger and Tonto have been referenced as existing in the Old West of the Marvel Universe by the Rawhide Kid.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 02-16-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks for the info!

I had forgotten about Kushala. Marvel really does have a bunch of characters set in the 19th century. They really do need a book to showcase them.

Where is Reno Jones?

Fair point. Reno Jones donned the Ghost Rider outfit in Blaze of Glory. It does begin to feel like "Ghost Rider" is the Captain Universe of Western comics. Everybody is him!

Honoring the great Gil Kane.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Gunhawks

I read a few of these as a kid. Not the usual cowboy comic and the only series(to my knowledge) where one of the Stars gets killed.

Having the comicbook character Reno Jones donning the Ghost Rider outfit in Blaze of Glory decades later is kinda cool to me.

who knows. Maybe someday there can be a TV mini-series, for one of the streaming services. I'd prefer not to have any MCU easter eggs though. after all, most of this stuff takes place in the late 19th century.

A little late, but happy belated birthday to Dick Ayers (April 28)

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Dennis J. "Denny" O'Neil

Rawhide Kid #62 Feb 1968
    "Gun Town"

Script by Denny O'Neil http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._dennis_oneil/, pencils by Paul Reinman, inks by Vince Colletta

Honestly I feel that westerns as a genre are ignored nowadays.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Ah, Colt Cape, you say that only because there aren't any; none on current t.v., no western comics titles, hardly any movies at all [what since The Hateful Eight?]. Westerns ignored? Ignored, shunted away, shunned! Alas, poor west. I reread my Jonah Hex nearly every year. It comforts me.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet