Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't want this show to be over taken with poorly driven melodrama that will be dominated by shipping wars, characters acting stupid with a villain of the week plot structure. The target audience of the network will be a really bad fit for the character.
    Swamp Thing should be in a show so more people know about Swamp Thing! Regardless, for me much of it is tolerable, especially with shows like Black Lightning or Legends of Tomorrow

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Better that than nothing or the overly Long nothing going going on marvel Netflix stuff but that's just me.
    I would honestly take nothing. I happen to like Marvel Netflix formula as I find it engaging and less insulting to my intelligence then what the CW shows do.

Better that than nothing or the overly Long nothing going going on marvel Netflix stuff but that's just me.
    The thing is the wait between Marvel Netflix shows isnt any longer than any other show not really. DD first aired in 2015. Since the in dour years weve had 3 seasons plus 2 of each other characyer season. The issue is how they drop all episoded at once and then we binge view them in a couple of days

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

What's so bad about CW? They did fine with Supergirl.
    It's not HBO. And people prefer if it kept its R-rated tone.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    The thing is the wait between Marvel Netflix shows isnt any longer than any other show not really. DD first aired in 2015. Since the in dour years weve had 3 seasons plus 2 of each other characyer season. The issue is how they drop all episoded at once and then we binge view them in a couple of days
    I'm not taking about the wait I'm taking about the show itself it's just so slow.

I would honestly take nothing. I happen to like Marvel Netflix formula as I find it engaging and less insulting to my intelligence then what the CW shows do.
    That's cool but for me Netflix just took to long to get going I don't hate them I really like LC and IF defenders was pretty good IDK maybe if they did it more like umbrella academy.

Incredible Member

It's the entire line that is at stakes, Doom Patrol, Titans, Young Justice.
    http://https://www.cbr.com/warnermed...g-dc-universe/

BANNED

I found a lot of the Netflix shows insulting to my intelligence. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones for example drag on endlessly for me

BANNED

What's so bad about CW? They did fine with Supergirl.
    Probably because they will water it down so they can be more friendly with the younger ages.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I found a lot of the Netflix shows insulting to my intelligence. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones for example drag on endlessly for me
    Luke Cage is my second favorite Netflix series. I loved his show. It didn't drag for me. Jessica Jones had a great first season.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Sucks in a lotta ways if DC Universe is scuttled. I enjoy the app for the comics. i have read a ton of stuff I missed out on over the years or otherwise don't have access to due to not collecting comics like I did when I was a kid given the fact I have kids. As well as the animated shows and such. Ah well, gotta just watch n read all of it while I still can

Ultimate Member

This news sucks.

I really enjoyed the first episode of Swamp Thing and was looking forward to more of it (big horror fan here).

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Sucks in a lotta ways if DC Universe is scuttled. I enjoy the app for the comics. i have read a ton of stuff I missed out on over the years or otherwise don't have access to due to not collecting comics like I did when I was a kid given the fact I have kids. As well as the animated shows and such. Ah well, gotta just watch n read all of it while I still can
    More than likely it will just be rolled into the Warner streaming service that was announced by AT&T recently. From what I heard there will be 3 tiers of service. Makes more sence really anyway as the service would have much more content available. I mean lets face it DCU couldnt even get access to stuff their own production company made recently because of the CW exclusive deal with Netflix.

Even with limitations of some licencing a list like

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ision_programs

With

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...on_productions

And

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...on_productions

Is such a large library that they would be in high demand.

Lets face it once Warner and Disney both launch their streaming services the whole streaming landscape is going to change in a major way. I mean between them they would have the lions share of the demanded content.

Warner with DC + Looney Toons+ harry potter+ Tarzan (every movie TV show and animation) and shows like Supernatural as well as a lot of the star wars animation

Disney with well Disney characters + Marvel + Star wars + 20th Cent Fox.

Netflix and Amazon are going to need to have a lot more independent content to be able to contend with what these two will have access to by right of producing it

I mean lets face it with Disney's aquisition of Fox out of the top 50 grossing films of all time disney now owns 23 and Warner 11. The other production houses like MGM, Paramount, Universal only a have a few each and Sony has 7 or so.