Page 160 of 295 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Here’s the thing though, Ric is just a symptom. A relaunch isn’t going to fix the real problem. As long as the same personnel behind Ric remains, and there continues to be no standards or accountability when it comes to what they produce, we’re still screwed.
    I swear we are in a constant cycle in this thread.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It’s been a rough year and half. His comic situation sucks with no signs of improving, Titans and YJ are on break, so there’s not much else to talk about.
    We thought we had reason to hope with Titans and YJ steaming debuts, but that just resulted in DC giving us Ric.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-07-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Hey I thought raptor died but I saw him in the latest deathroke, does dick actually have a villain of his own that appear independently in other media?

Another landmark event Dick is missing

Ya, Priest seems to like Raptor. I’m not complaining. It’s good to see him around and about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Hey I thought raptor died but I saw him in the latest deathroke, does dick actually have a villain of his own that appear independently in other media?

I'm whatever at this point, why would Dick be in a event at this point when everything about him revolves around batman and the batfamily?

There's no point to nightwing outside of the bat mythos.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    I'm whatever at this point, why would Dick be in a event at this point when everything about him revolves around batman and the batfamily?

There's no point to nightwing outside of the bat mythos.
    The Teen Titans Mythos is his as well, and their arch-enemy has jsut been put down for good
    Dick has had alot of run ins with slade with and without the titans, he trained rose in combat when asked by slade
    He was even referred to be jericho in the issue.

Their is point to nightwing outside the bat mythos it just seem that when big events happen he has to be restrained from participating for some reason

It is all the same to me. He gets treated like **** in the Bat mythos in Batman stories and he gets treated like **** in the bigger DCU myhtos stories. I kind of don't care at this point. I don't have any expectations that he will suddenly start to be used well or be important in something outside of his own solo. Just more of him being used as a dumb plot point to further someone else's story.

I thought Raptor was kind of meh overall, but Priest seems to like him which is neat. He used him before in his Deathstroke run so this is probably a call back to that. I doubt Priest is aware or cares about what is going on in the Nightwing book, which is good.

Mighty Member

Dick is better treated outside comics compared when he is in the pages. Even the nerfed DCAnimated Nightwing is looked up to, cool and emotionally stable with Starfire. Fix his martial arts and ability then most of the complains are gone. Young Justice. Teen Titans. BtAS. That other Batman series. Dick is actually treated more respectfully outside comics. DiDio and company are so obvious.

Mighty Member

Which is why all these comic b.s. won't kill Nightwing. DiDio can't remove him. He is a top 10, arguably top 5, DC character. He won't be gone. They can't destroy him like Wally. He will always be there. And that annoys DiDio everyday.

The Teen Titans Mythos is his as well, and their arch-enemy has jsut been put down for good
    Dick has had alot of run ins with slade with and without the titans, he trained rose in combat when asked by slade
    He was even referred to be jericho in the issue.

Their is point to nightwing outside the bat mythos it just seem that when big events happen he has to be restrained from participating for some reason
    yea and all of that means nothing now outside of nostalgia. Comics nightwing needs a new status quo fast.

Here’s the thing though, Ric is just a symptom. A relaunch isn’t going to fix the real problem. As long as the same personnel behind Ric remains, and there continues to be no standards or accountability when it comes to what they produce, we’re still screwed.
    Oh I know. But what I'm saying is that, *if* Nightwing goes over well on Titans, and a few other things maybe align right then WB *might* decide to tell DC to put some effort in, and that'll introduce the standards and accountability we're missing right now. Not the standards and accountability the character deserves, but more than we have now.

Yes, that's an outcome totally dependent on WB noticing the character's success and telling Didio to knock his bullshit off. And even if that happened, we'd just end up back in the Bludhaven status quo, which a lot of us don't want and which hasn't exactly worked out great since the Dixon days. But it is still an improvement over what we have now. I didn't say things would turn out great, just that we *might* get back to a recognizable Nightwing; not a great one.

And if the Gotham line does have a relaunch, as rumors have said, I think the odds are kinda-sorta decent that Nightwing would be included. Which, again, would just be a return to the Bludhaven status quo. So that's two potential avenues that could lead to Dick being back in the suit. Perhaps neither will happen but at least there's *some* path back to where we were.

I've been around long enough to see many IP's come in and out of low points, go back into low points and climb out again. Most of us have. It might seem like Dick is destined to be sh*t on forever, until Didio finally manages to remove him completely. But the great thing about these characters, especially someone as storied as Dick, is that they always bounce back.........eventually.

Its just a matter of when and how much bullshit we have to put up with before it happens.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh I know. But what I'm saying is that, *if* Nightwing goes over well on Titans, and a few other things maybe align right then WB *might* decide to tell DC to put some effort in, and that'll introduce the standards and accountability we're missing right now. Not the standards and accountability the character deserves, but more than we have now.

Yes, that's an outcome totally dependent on WB noticing the character's success and telling Didio to knock his bullshit off. And even if that happened, we'd just end up back in the Bludhaven status quo, which a lot of us don't want and which hasn't exactly worked out great since the Dixon days. But it is still an improvement over what we have now. I didn't say things would turn out great, just that we *might* get back to a recognizable Nightwing; not a great one.

And if the Gotham line does have a relaunch, as rumors have said, I think the odds are kinda-sorta decent that Nightwing would be included. Which, again, would just be a return to the Bludhaven status quo. So that's two potential avenues that could lead to Dick being back in the suit. Perhaps neither will happen but at least there's *some* path back to where we were.

I've been around long enough to see many IP's come in and out of low points, go back into low points and climb out again. Most of us have. It might seem like Dick is destined to be sh*t on forever, until Didio finally manages to remove him completely. But the great thing about these characters, especially someone as storied as Dick, is that they always bounce back.........eventually.

Its just a matter of when and how much bullshit we have to put up with before it happens.
    Thats what I have been saying, Titans is his one hope since that can change everything and show DC how marketable he is My eventual hope is for him to leave the group and go solo. Money trumps feelings anyday and didio will just have to grin and bare it

It’s been a rough year and half. His comic situation sucks with no signs of improving, Titans and YJ are on break, so there’s not much else to talk about.
    We thought we had reason to hope with Titans and YJ steaming debuts, but that just resulted in DC giving us Ric.
    I know but it feels like we have been in the same thought loop since the reboot. Just the crap situation keeps changing for a different one.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

What is dick best detective story?

Who is Donna Troy? and Batman and Robin are the first that pop up to me.